shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of wedding band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
So I got engaged in August. My FI did a fabulous job on the ring all by himself. He had a family stone to work w/ (2.07 transitional brilliant cut) it''s on the warm side but so sparkly! I love it, it''s so special, because it was in a necklace of his grandmother''s I am so lucky that he had it to work with & that his family was so enthusiastic about him using it for my ring. He worked with an independent jeweler and had it mounted in a platinum basket setting with 3 side stones on each side. It''s a slightly different, but still traditional setting, the only one similar I have found is this A. Jaffe ring, but regular shank and the setting is a little different. I apologize for not having any good photos of it, but I haven''t mastered taking pictures of my own hand yet!
So here is my dilemma, what to put next to it?

I would like to have a diamond wedding band either eternity or something like a Michael B. lace ring, where there are clusters or stations of stones around the ring, as opposed to a 5 or 7 stone wedding ring.
I have a 9 stone platinum channel set ring- so I would just prefer something different- either stations/clusters of stones or going all the way around.

I am already thinking about custom spacer to go in between if needed- as I want to be able to wear my wedding band solo on occasion, (I don''t want to have a ring w/ diamonds in it that I wouldn''t be able to wear independently.)

As I said before I love the Michael B. lace rings- I think that the lace design really complements the setting of the side stones (FI said he thought my ring looked like a bouquet and I think that the Michael B echoes that) but unfortunately the stones are too white
20.gif
- I need I-J''s to match the side stones.
Does anyone know of any other station/cluster bands out there? I feel that these rings should be less expensive than an eternity band (I figure eternity band can always be added on later for anniversary, kids, etc.)
If I was to go w/ an eternity band what size stones (should they match the smallest stones in the e-ring setting?) do you suggest?

All suggestions welcome-
35.gif

Thank you!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl! That sounds divine!
I think your best bet is just to go try some on til you find what you like, then shop online. have you looked at signed pieces?
My taste runs pretty plain, but I could even see it looking great with a plain band of matching width and style.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
OK- I took some pictures following the whole macro/flower setting thing...

close up ring.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my collection: hand shots w/ engagement ring and my 3 other diamonds rings I have- the 3-stone was an anniversary gift from my great-grandfather to my great-grandmother, I only wear it on special occasions as RHR. I used to wear channel set as RHR prior to getting engaged, but now when I do, it looks like I am married. 3 stone ring in yellow gold was handed down to me as well, lots of history there, older stones in the ring- I think that the sides are old mine cuts- and the center I think is an old European Cut. I don''t know the sizes on these stones and this ring is filthy- it needs a good steam cleaning.

all 4 light.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I now see your dilemma as your side stones are fairly prominent. I think a Michael B. lace style ring would look good.

PL052000000020.jpg

Have you talked to anyone at Whiteflash to see if they could come up with a design for you? I was just thinking that their champagne set is somewhat similar (although it would need to be thinner and the diamond clusters more spread out).

tmb_big_DSCN3788.jpg.jpg

As for eternity bands, I think the stones should match the smallest stones in the e-ring setting.

6937.jpg

Would you consider a half or 3/4 eternity shared prong band? That would be my choice.

tmb_big_DSCN1687.jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results