shape
carat
color
clarity

What trinity ring to get?? :)

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
My 30th birthday is coming up and my hubby and I are looking at trinity/rolling rings. I would love some opinions from the Pricescope community!!

Should we get the original trinity ring from Cartier (priced at $1,150)
http://www.cartier.us/collections/jewelry/collections/trinity-de-cartier/trinity-de-cartier-rings/b4086100-trinity-ring

This replica from Blue Nile ($725)
http://www.bluenile.com/tri-color-gold-rolling-ring_21264

Or this 1ctw replica from Zales...but it's a great deal ($783 from $1399)
http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10927679

My apprehension about the Zales ring is just the diamonds are poor quality, but they are so small...it would be a right hand ring for me or I would occasionally wear it on my left ring finger instead of my wedding set. Thanks in advance for your input!!

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
I also just realized I owe a Show me the Bling post to my gorgeous new OEC eternity band from Single Stone that I got for a push present!! I will do that sometime soon when my little man is napping!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Have you actually tried them on? I ask because I was given one for Mother's Day and to my disappointment, found that I'm not really in love with it. I have the thinnest one and think that it's too thin to really appreciate the tri-coloredness of the ring, as well as that it seems to give me a weird finger muffin top, despite having small fingers. I could never sell it though, as it was a gift from my kids, but do wish that my husband had consulted with me prior to buying it.

Having said that, it really is a beautiful ring and I do enjoy wearing it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
What size are you? Their is a beautiful all diamond one on ebay that is around $900 that I have eyed for awhile!!! it is a 6 I believe.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Cartier Trinity design is iconic. I, and everyone I know, associates that tri-coloured rolling design with the Cartier house, and I could never suggest a "replica" because it lacks the authenticity and integrity of the original.

You can save several hundred by purchasing pre-loved, if you're willing to wait for one in the right size and with whatever documentation you require for peace of mind (if any).

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
I have not tried them on but definitely should. It's been tough to get out much with my 5.5 month old in tow!! I am in agreement that the original is best. Honestly I hadn't thought of a preloved ring but I would be open to it. Would you kindly share the link to the eBay listing? My left ring finger is a 4.75 but my right is larger...and am I correct in that it's wise to size up in a piece like this?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1390852050|3602188 said:
Have you actually tried them on? I ask because I was given one for Mother's Day and to my disappointment, found that I'm not really in love with it. I have the thinnest one and think that it's too thin to really appreciate the tri-coloredness of the ring, as well as that it seems to give me a weird finger muffin top, despite having small fingers. I could never sell it though, as it was a gift from my kids, but do wish that my husband had consulted with me prior to buying it.

Having said that, it really is a beautiful ring and I do enjoy wearing it.

Would you mind sharing some photos? I think the thinnest one is what I would be interested in and I would love to see!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here are some quick pictures. For reference, the bands are around 2mm or less.

_155.jpeg

_156.jpeg

_157.jpeg

_158.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure you try one on and like it. I got one and realized it looked terrible on my hand. For some reason it looks good on everyone else?

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
You're right that is quite thin. I was planning to wear it as a stand alone ring instead of my wedding set occasionally and as a RHR. I wonder if I will need the classic model which is a bit thicker? I think it is beautiful on your hand though!! No finger muffin top!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the classic size on my size 7 finger, and I've posted here before about I lusted after it and once I got it on my hand, it fell flat. I keep waffling on selling it or not. I definitely recommend you try it on before you buy it. I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of those who advise trying before buying - the classic small width (2.9mm bands) didn't suit me at all, though I loved the colouring of the ceramic/white and the single pave band style. The ring in the pic is a 47 and I normally wear a US4. I don't believe the ultra slim (1.9mm bands) is sold in the US..?

ETA: Gosh, LS, I think it looks fabulous on you and I don't see any 'muffin top' at all!! I'm sorry to hear that you don't love it though :blackeye:

_14183.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got lucky on mine with size. I started a few ps threads and based on the answers kind of guesstimated the size.

I wanted to go used and also I don't have a cartier within100 miles so trying it on wasn't an option.

It was going to be a RHR but shoot I fell in love with it and had it my wedding band

I agree if you're going plain gold go cartier sense it's an iconic design, and for me at least, I had a mind clean issue with one that wa a repro.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely recommend trying the different widths on before you decide. I thought I wanted the 1.9mm version but it looked lost on my size 7 1/4 finger. I tried the next size up and I liked it a lot. It would definitely be able to be worn on it's own or with an ering.

_14205.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of people who recommend trying before you buy. The thinnest at 1 1/2 mm (?) looks great with my engagement ring but was too small to be able to see the different colours of gold, same for the next size up, it also got a bit lost on my finger. Great for stacking, but not on it's own especially if you wanted to see the colours. The classic looked good on but was far too large to stack! I ended up with a super-wide one from a well-known second-hand dealer. It's about 4 1/2 mm and is from the late '90's. It's very large and I wear it all the time! It reminds me a bit of the larger pieces that women of a certain age wear. Not these delicate little rings that are popular at the moment. I can't wait to be of a certain age! I will surely rock all that large and bold jewellery!

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your responses and input!! I think I am going to be on the hunt now for a preloved classic size Trinity ring. I'd like it to be able to be a stand alone ring on my right hand or to wear in place of my wedding set here and there, so the thinnest one doesn't really do it for me. Any advice on how to find an authentic one? There are so many on ebay but I worry that they may not be the real deal.

Also, how does the sizing run? My e-ring is a 4.75, wedding band is a 5, and my push present eternity band is a 4 7/8. With the three of them stacked they fit perfectly, but the 5 is normally loose on me. Do they run large or small? On the Cartier site it says to size down two sizes for the classic model...have you all found this to be accurate? We recently moved to Denver and there is no Cartier here that I know of unfortunately, so I will need to guess.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrspeachy|1390930193|3602741 said:
Thank you all so much for your responses and input!! I think I am going to be on the hunt now for a preloved classic size Trinity ring. I'd like it to be able to be a stand alone ring on my right hand or to wear in place of my wedding set here and there, so the thinnest one doesn't really do it for me. Any advice on how to find an authentic one? There are so many on ebay but I worry that they may not be the real deal.

Also, how does the sizing run? My e-ring is a 4.75, wedding band is a 5, and my push present eternity band is a 4 7/8. With the three of them stacked they fit perfectly, but the 5 is normally loose on me. Do they run large or small? On the Cartier site it says to size down two sizes for the classic model...have you all found this to be accurate? We recently moved to Denver and there is no Cartier here that I know of unfortunately, so I will need to guess.

NOOO...Size down two sizes??? :shock: My finger size is exactly the same as yours. My engagement ring is a 4.75, my eternity band is also 4.75 (i wear those two together) and my plain wedding band is a 5 and it fits a little loose on my ring finger. I have the classic model of Cartier Trinity and it's a size 49 (or size 5). It fits very well...i feel it just a little loose on my finger but this doesn't consist a problem with this specific ring (it might have bothered me with my ER).
Si i'd say that their classic model runs true to size.

ETA: I just checked on the Cartier website and i confirmed that this is what they suggest :errrr: If i had followed their instructions i would have ended up with a ring that wouldn't fit.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrspeachy|1390930193|3602741 said:

That's really odd they say to size *down* two sizes?! I don't think that would be correct.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My trinity ring is 1 size smaller than what I'd normally waer even though it's much wider than my typical ring. Each band is about 4 1/2 mm wide. It's a heavy ring and that combined with the movement means for me a slightly smaller than what I'd normally wear fits better. It's own weight when I have cold hands has nearly pulled it off my finger a couple times this winter!

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
mrspeachy|1390935684|3602786 said:
audball|1390932519|3602762 said:
This one is for sale in Preloved! And it's the real deal. Size is 5-5.25 which sounds just about perfect, and the price is less than your other choices at just $575!

Preloved Thread
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pr...ier-trinity-rolling-ring-size-50-t197069.html
LoupeTroop Listing
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/cartier-trinity-ring-size-50

Thank you so much for this! I just contacted her :)
You're welcome! Good luck! :)) I hope you get it!!

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
audball|1390935793|3602787 said:
mrspeachy|1390935684|3602786 said:
audball|1390932519|3602762 said:
This one is for sale in Preloved! And it's the real deal. Size is 5-5.25 which sounds just about perfect, and the price is less than your other choices at just $575!

Preloved Thread
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pr...ier-trinity-rolling-ring-size-50-t197069.html
LoupeTroop Listing
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/cartier-trinity-ring-size-50

Thank you so much for this! I just contacted her :)
You're welcome! Good luck! :)) I hope you get it!!

Eeeeeee I just paid her!! My hubby thanks you too! He likes to save money and I'm so thrilled to be getting the real trinity ring!! I never thought to look for a preloved ring but this is perfect!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
mrspeachy|1390938735|3602806 said:
Eeeeeee I just paid her!! My hubby thanks you too! He likes to save money and I'm so thrilled to be getting the real trinity ring!! I never thought to look for a preloved ring but this is perfect!!
That's wonderful!! Congrats!!

mrspeachy

Rough_Rock
Thank you I am very excited!! I actually love the les must de Cartier versions and I am so excited to be getting one!! Happy 30th to me :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you all so much for your input. Hopefully the sizing is okay!! I am really a 4.75 so it might be a little bit loose, but I do want to wear it as a RHR and my right ring finger is larger than my left. I think it will fit okay on my wedding finger too occasionally...and I do love my e-ring and eternity bands so I don't think I will forgo wearing them often anyway.

Thank you again...without the advice I got here I would never have even thought about looking for a preloved ring, which is funny since even my e-ring diamond is an antique OEC from the early 1900's!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's great! I'm glad you posted here and we were able to connect you two!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that worked out perfectly, congrats!! Post lots of pics when you get it :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results