shape
carat
color
clarity

What to Look For

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
i want to stay in a certain price range, can anyone tell me what is more important, cut or clarity. Also, how much do the table, depth, symetry, and polish of a stone matter in determining how much brilliance the stone will have. thanks

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The proportions of the diamond will control about 98% of the light return and thus we recommend focusing on that factor first and foremost... Color is the second most noticeable factor assuming that the diamond is "eye clean" SI-1 clarity... While polish and symmetry are not as noticeable to the untrained eye, the fact is that the expense of these factors is extremely minimal in the scope of things and thus you may as well go for the best you can find... There is lots of excellent threads within the forum here on PS pertaining to these issues so take a little time to wander through the threads and the tutorials

optimized

Shiny_Rock
CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT!

(a hundred times, CUT!)
naughty.gif

-Tim

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Too much?

naughty.gif

-Tim

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
OK, how about when it comes to color or clarity.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
It really all depends on the quality of the diamond you are getting.
if you are staying withing the range of If-Vs2, than I agree cut is most important!,but... if you are going with si1-and lower,clarity is also very important as you need to verify that the stone is eye clean and doesnot have major imperfections staring at you.,therefore you could have a beautiful cut with very bad imperfection(not good).

just my 2 cents of knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results