shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with 4 diamonds

jdub11

Rough_Rock
AF06327B-DE5E-425D-911C-B39DDB87B2FB.jpeg 94A623FC-91C4-479D-BF61-6D11CA891573.png F5586809-8198-40BF-859C-2CDEE990A07E.png 8504DD99-463E-4BCE-87E8-D3188FFE2F04.jpeg EFF5AA68-AD20-470D-96AA-92188DAF9847.jpeg Hi! Not sure I’m using the right terminology, but I hope I can describe my question..here goes... My MIL gave us 4 round cut diamonds from her mom- (2) 0.5 carat and (2) .25 carat. For my our 10th anniversary I’m to do what I want with them. I want to include the heirloom diamonds in a design rather than trading them in, and we have 4 boys so I thought it would be a great RHR or stacker. I already have diamond studs and diamond necklace so I know I want a ring. These are a few ideas but I’m stumped and would love some input or new ideas. I wear a size 5 and don’t have long fingers, so although I do like the yellow gold cigar band, the guy we’re working with said it would be too thick and possibly uncomfortable because of the depth of the diamonds. I’ve attached a pic of the diamonds as well. Thank you in advance.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't already done it, a trawl of Instagram and Pinterest and even Google for "four stone ring" or similar wording can bring up a lot of options. You can pick out the ones you like and gradually work out what appeals most.

I did that and put everything into a spreadsheet (just pasted pictures into as I found them) - when you get fed up looking :lol: then is the time to go through and work out what elements you like in each, which can lead you to a list of things you want in your design :)

Candice

Shiny_Rock
You could look into Jemma Wynn's layerable stacking rings. They're known for making open dual stone rings that you can wear together.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a pair of diamond earrings-use one as a post and the other with a detachable dangle. The two diamonds in the center in your picture look bigger than the other two diamonds on the end. It could be the picture. If there is a difference in size a 4 row band may not look right. Or yu could do a colored stone in the middle flanked by the bigger stones and then the smaller stones at the end. A 5 stone ring would be pretty.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Ist thought: Two-stone studs...

IInd thought: - the quatre-feuilles ring not unlike this:

M1716c_l.jpeg M1716b_l.jpeg
M1716a-1.jpeg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
How about a pair of diamond earrings-use one as a post and the other with a detachable dangle...If there is a difference in size a 4 row band may not look right. Or you could do a colored stone in the middle flanked by the bigger stones and then the smaller stones at the end. A 5 stone ring would be pretty.

I agree with this. Just my opinion but I think two larger and two smaller stones might look kind of "off" in a ring. It seems to me it should have either one more large stone or one less large stone. Another idea is a three stone ring and a pendant with the leftover large stone.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
A moi et toi with 4 would look nice.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with this. Just my opinion but I think two larger and two smaller stones might look kind of "off" in a ring. It seems to me it should have either one more large stone or one less large stone. Another idea is a three stone ring and a pendant with the leftover large stone.

I think a 3 stone ring is a good choice. Using all 4 at once may be uncomfortable for a small finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results