shape
carat
color
clarity

What stone is this?

PinkHeart

Rough_Rock
I would appreciate if someone guide me with some info about this earrings, they do not have any stamps in the back, they supposed to be from around the 60s, maybe they could be tourmaline, 9ct or silver? I am not sure.

Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• 20210413_164541.jpg
    20210413_164541.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210413_164828.jpg
    20210413_164828.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210413_164749.jpg
    20210413_164749.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210413_164652.jpg
    20210413_164652.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 20

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Really hard to tell.

They look like gold toned metal. It could be 9k or it could be gold plated too. I would take them to a shop and ask what they are. If you go to a pawn shop in the US they will generally tell you what you have and smaller individually owned jewelry stores will as well. A large chain store will generally be no help.

The stones could be glass, garnet or other things. They look kind of purple-brown on my monitor.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My best guess would be vintage German amethyst screw ons.

PinkHeart

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies, the colours depending on the light goes from pink to purple to brown, the were given to me like tourmaline and gold, but I only can see a mark that starts with NF but it is very difficult to see, it is almost worn out, either way the are very nice.
Thanks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the replies, the colours depending on the light goes from pink to purple to brown, the were given to me like tourmaline and gold, but I only can see a mark that starts with NF but it is very difficult to see, it is almost worn out, either way the are very nice.
Thanks.

An exciting find ?
What's the backstory ?
They are pretty

PinkHeart

Rough_Rock
An exciting find ?
What's the backstory ?
They are pretty

Yes, they are vintage and I have some pairs that they are screw back, but I do not know exactly what kind of stones they are or material, so I am trying to have some information when I can not find online. Some were from my mother or grandmother others I have bought them.

toshox777

Rough_Rock
Trade
I bet on alexandrite..

Last edited:

toshox777

Rough_Rock
Trade
I bet on alexandrite..
In fact, I'm convinced it's alexandrite. Also called the stone of truth. Change your color to a different light. The most interesting thing is that it changes color when someone lies to the owner of the stone. The stone is precious and was used in ancient times by royal persons.

toshox777

Rough_Rock
Trade
In fact, I'm convinced it's alexandrite. Also called the stone of truth. Change your color to a different light. The most interesting thing is that it changes color when someone lies to the owner of the stone. The stone is precious and was used in ancient times by royal persons.

I want some

toshox777

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well, I have nothing more to say. ;)2 I urge the owner to learn the truth and tell it. Cheers

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock

Oh!! I needed one when I was married.... how did I not know about this!! :lol-2:;)2:roll2::evil2:

toshox777

Rough_Rock
Trade
Such are the legends. I keep a ring from my great-grandmother in my box. Beautiful stone!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an amethyst ring and the stone is very much the same color as your earrings - a not deeply saturated purple, with hints of brown or gold. I was so sure it was something other than amethyst that I paid to have it tested... which turned out to be a waste of money!

I have owned a natural alexandrite. The usual color shift in alexandrites is purple to teal. This does not look to me like alexandrite. There are also some red-purplish color-shift garnets that take on coppery hues in some lighting. But... I’m guessing amethyst for your earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results