shape
carat
color
clarity

What size of side stones your would prefer?

What size of side stones your would prefer?

• 1.5 ct

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 1.28 ct

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • .65 ct

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

Finally I had started a project with David Klass for my YZ radiant.

I first wanted the side stone to be proportional. So David told me the 1.5ct and 1.28ct pair would be proportional. And the smaller pair would be the .65ct one.

I got the pictures and I feel like the 1.5ct and 1.28ct is too big and took away the center’s attention. What do you think and why?

I like the .65ct one look better I think.
The center stone is 6.5ct 10.7mm x 9.17mm.

1.5ct

F726ECCD-25F9-4999-A273-23F3523E7039.jpeg

1.28ct this have a little curve

559C471B-2C89-44C5-894B-2C0ED5C9AB8D.jpeg

0.65 ct

19D574B0-C449-4939-8081-94292D5E9869.jpeg

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I need to add another factor. The 1.5 and 1.28 is 2k more expensive than the .65ct.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the look of the 1.28. I think the shape of the stones go better with the center stone as well. They are not too big and they are not too small but just right - lol!

Does it change what you think of I say it’s 2k more than the .65ct?

I feel the opposite way, I feel the curve of the 1.28ct trillion does not match the center stone.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the curvy 1.28ct.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the curvy ones too! Otherwise, it just seems like too many straight lines (but not my ring).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it change what you think of I say it’s 2k more than the .65ct?

I feel the opposite way, I feel the curve of the 1.28ct trillion does not match the center stone.

Well, 2k is 2k and I certainly understand wanting to save money. I like the curve as I think it matches the edges of the center stone. However, it is your ring and it needs to make you happy! If you like the straighter edges, go for it!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the 1.28 I think the slight inset is more flattering.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the 0.65ct pair - elegant and complementary ... I don't care for the curved pair at all, and the 1.5ct sides look too big and overwhelm the center ... just my opinion.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
After learning how much more expensive the bigger stones are, I am changing my mind and voting for the smaller pair. What kind of stones will be on the sides?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I prefer 1.28 over the 1.5...I think the edges are too sharp all around for 1.5 but that's a personal flavor! I also do like the .65 a lot but then I think they become more like accent stones rather than a 3-stone ring...so I think it depends on the look you're going for!

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I really like 1.28 as well. That curve is really nice.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
After learning how much more expensive the bigger stones are, I am changing my mind and voting for the smaller pair. What kind of stones will be on the sides?

I will use plain platinum ring and 18K gold for the center stone.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer 1.28 over the 1.5...I think the edges are too sharp all around for 1.5 but that's a personal flavor! I also do like the .65 a lot but then I think they become more like accent stones rather than a 3-stone ring...so I think it depends on the look you're going for!

I think scent stone is what I am going for. I want it to not steal the attention of the center stone, also I feel if I get the 1.28ct, maybe the center stone then will not look as big.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the 0.65ct pair - elegant and complementary ... I don't care for the curved pair at all, and the 1.5ct sides look too big and overwhelm the center ... just my opinion.

That’s the look I am going for, side stones that complement the center stone and not overwhelm it.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I will use plain platinum ring and 18K gold for the center stone.

Are these white side stones diamonds? I have a similar project in my mind and the difference in price between 0.65ct and bigger stones really scares me.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Are these white side stones diamonds? I have a similar project in my mind and the difference in price between 0.65ct and bigger stones really scares me.

Yes it’s white side stones. David told me it’s EF VS clarity. I didn’t need EF, but I think it’s a hood contrast for the YZ color to make it pop.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s the look I am going for, side stones that complement the center stone and not overwhelm it.

@diamondnewbieny it sounds like you would be most comfortable with the .65ct. That's pretty as well. Is there something in particular stopping you from getting those? I'm just trying to help you work through the process.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I originally went with the 1.28 but after seeing the price difference I changed to the .65 stones. And also the fact that you just seem to really like the .65's more anyway.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the 1.28-ct camp ... the rounded pair seem more complimentary whereas the other two appear more ‘harsh’ to my eyes. But I think that’s the different cut - rounded vs pointed corners.

What about a smaller pair of rounded-corner trillions?

D7D04156-10F1-45D3-85A3-50137C94E9BC.jpeg

I get the cost difference/factor, but ... these two sides’ cuts are very different looks to me, and it’s a LOT of money to spend overall to not get it exactly right like your heart desires the first time.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I originally went with the 1.28 but after seeing the price difference I changed to the .65 stones. And also the fact that you just seem to really like the .65's more anyway.

Yea it make more sense to me with the .65 with the price and size.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in the 1.28-ct camp ... the rounded pair seem more complimentary whereas the other two appear more ‘harsh’ to my eyes. But I think that’s the different cut - rounded vs pointed corners.

What about a smaller pair of rounded-corner trillions?

D7D04156-10F1-45D3-85A3-50137C94E9BC.jpeg

I get the cost difference/factor, but ... these two sides’ cuts are very different looks to me, and it’s a LOT of money to spend overall to not get it exactly right like your heart desires the first time.

Oh wow how did you do that?! Yes maybe I should ask that. Thanks for the suggestion! I am not sure if he has it tho, if he does he would of showed me. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow how did you do that?! Yes maybe I should ask that. Thanks for the suggestion!

iPad Pro and Adobe Sketch app ... and you’re welcome, I’m happy to help. :wavey:

I’m a very visual person, and this has saved me many thou$and$ in potential ‘custom mistakes’ the last few years by letting me mock up concepts I think I might like.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
iPad Pro and Adobe Sketch app ... and you’re welcome, I’m happy to help. :wavey:

I’m a very visual person, and this has saved me many thou$and$ in potential ‘custom mistakes’ the last few years by letting me mock up concepts I think I might like.

Thanks, hopefully he does have a smaller pair of curvy one. I do like the curvy one? But if he doesn’t then maybe I don’t have a choice. I haven’t seen any curvy one with the picture of from other vendors. So I didn’t even know there was an option for it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondnewbieny I’m pretty sure he could source a pair if he doesn’t have them already on-hand. Granted, it may take a little extra time, but I think it’d be worth a little extra wait if it’s what your heart desires. Bling regret is a b...... :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results