shape
carat
color
clarity

What situations is color most noticable?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DrGunner|1303926368|2906324 said:
after reading all these posts about people not being able to see yellow in G-I diamonds, it made me think back to last weekend when I was looking at E, G, and I GIA stones. Really, the only time and place that I saw yellow was when they were face down, on a flat white background and only along the edges of the gridle. The body looked white or "mily" at worst. However, the E did not have any yellow or tint along the gridle. Is this normal to see yellow along the girdle? Yes, has to do with nature of light return etc, same reason pears look more tinted at their points Is this the color of the stone coming through or more of an artifact? it is the trude body color Will you be able to see this once the stone is mounted? not in my experience

amc80

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1303581468|2903439 said:
ultimately I think you have to weigh what is more important to you, size or color? to me a 2 carat is HUGE so I would probably go for a 2 carat G color. but that's my personal preference and might not be yours (or your gf's)

Ditto. But I'm really color sensitive...she may not be.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I think someone said it best (not sure if it was in this forum thread or not) but the stones are never really "YELLOW" per se. They're just not BLINDINGLY white. So no, you won't see any yellow or even a light yellow tint in the G-I range. And unless you run in any circles that are Price Scope caliber diamond consumers, NO ONE will notice the color. What they will notice is carat size, cut, and then depending on the cut, probably clarity...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results