shape
carat
color
clarity

What setting and from where please help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dheart

Rough_Rock
I too have been a lurker and searcher to find out as much information as I could from this website, but now I need help on a question. First some background; I already have the diamond inherited from my Grani about 1.5-2 carats, and my boyfriend and I just looked at rings last weekend. I have been pretty much set on getting a Tacori ring and one of the only places to carry them in LA is Robbins Brothers.

So the BF and I went there to look and see what we might like. I have read some of the postings, but still felt not as worried about going there because I already have the diamond and most of the postings seem to say that is where they rip you off. The didn''t have any of the specific Tacori Rings I had liked from online, but I did find a Coast setting the was really pretty and I found out on sale about 40% off. They also are bringing in one of the Tacori rings I wanted to look at. The sale only lasts until the end of this month, so I feel a little rushed to move on it. But the sales guy was definitely very helpful, friendly, and I didn''t feel pressured at all.

Today on my own since my boyfriend works late I wanted to go to Sarah Leonard to look at their Tacori rings and they definitely have more options, on a down side I get a very unfriendly sales lady which I actually read happened to someone else as well. I don''t think it was on purpose, but she must not love her job. I also look very young (side note while she was helping me, another customer came in and the their sales person offered her chocolate, champagne or water) Anyway, I found some rings I thought were very pretty but not exactly what I am looking for. She let me look through the Tacori catalog and as luck would have it is bringing in 3 of the rings I am interested in. She also talked about being able to recreate anything I saw. Which I sort of assume I would just prefer to get the original and give the creator credit versus buying a recreation.

These are the two places that have Tacori, which I like and am excited to look at the three I requested.

I read about Robins Brothers filing chapter 11 bankruptcy, should I avoid buying from them at all costs even if I really like the Coast setting at the sale price?

Does anyone know anything more about Coast Diamonds or own a Coast diamond setting?

Does anyone have a positive Sarah Leonard story?

I''m also attaching a picture of one of the possible Tacori rings I like the Coast one is similar, but has a gold heart below the diamond that is more cut out. I believe it is a ring that is being discontinued because I could not find it exactly online.

Thank you all in advance any advice or comments are much appreciated.
36.gif

tacori top 1.jpg

another Tacori possibility

tacori side 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP