shape
carat
color
clarity

What products would you never buy again?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hated my Bosch as well. Never again!!!

Question for you and @tyty333 —exactly what Bosches did you have?

My husband literally just sent me a link for the Bosch dishwasher he wants. It’s

Bosch 800 Series 24" Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher​

Is that a terrible idea?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband literally just sent me a link for the Bosch dishwasher he wants. It’s

I LOVE my Bosch! It cleans great, is quiet, holds a lot. We've probably had it 10 years. We have the 500 series.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock

Is that a terrible idea?

We have the Bosch 800 series. Best dishwasher I’ve had tbh. The tines are adjustable and it fits a lot of dishes. I do use a rinse agent regularly. Not as often as recommended but regularly and that helps with stuck on crumbs and soap residue.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
My Bosch dishwasher! Hate it! The tines are so close in about 1/3 of the bottom area that the only things you can put in it are saucers or
plastic lids. Leaves grain size pieces of food in glasses and to get the dishes to dry we end up having to prop the door open at the end
of the wash.

And no store dishwashing soap for me either...Cascade is my only hope for my stupid dishwasher!

The tines on mine are ajustable and can fit all manner of deep or shallow bowls. I do use a rinse agent though. This virtually eliminates any baked on crumbs or soap/hard water stains. I have the 800 series.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some kind of supplement that is supposed to be a miracle cure for weight loss control, endorsed by celebs including personal investments from those from Dragon's Den in UK.

They did nothing for me, possibly because I do not have regimented set meal times, and could not take them and drink a large glass of water before my meals.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Airborne. Don't waste your time or money... took it religiously on vacation and caught not one, but two illnesses - a cold and virus.
tapping.gif

I use it all the time! Four a day..I also give my son four..:think:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never could figure that one out.
Decaf coffee is another
Why? Just why?

You would not want to talk to me if I have a cup of regular coffee. It’s like speed to me. I love the smell and taste of coffee but I just can’t have regular. The tiny bit of caffeine in my decaf is enough to wake me up but not be crazy..:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never could figure that one out.
Decaf coffee is another
Why? Just why?

Ooo, I recently discovered why decaf coffee is popular.

I was in my hotel room and fancied something hot and sweet while it was late at night.

Normally I would go for a hot chocolate, however, there was none on offer.

So I opted for decaf coffee as it was available, and made one with UHT milk and added sugar.

It did not smell or taste much of coffee, quite innocuous. And it hit the spot and actually helped me go to sleep.

DK :))

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Microfiber sheets. I want/use/need/hunt cotton percale, the vintage heavy "crispy" kind.

I'm a cotton sheet gal too. Recently bought some off Amazon from California Design. Price was cheap- had low expectation but reviews were good.
BEST sheets ever!
Never going back to microfiber/bamboo etc.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a cotton sheet gal too. Recently bought some off Amazon from California Design. Price was cheap- had low expectation but reviews were good.
BEST sheets ever!
Never going back to microfiber/bamboo etc.

What thread count did you get?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
What thread count did you get?

Is interesting- there's a review on Amazon from a lady that was actually in textiles (she raved about these sheets). She said don't let the 400 ct deter you. They are tightly woven. She said many advertise higher count but it's achieved by an additive in the material not the actual weave.
Honestly the softest (not silky) , most comfy sheets. I can't wait to get in bed at night and feel them on my skin. And don't get hot. Yes they are wrinkly but not when I take them out of dyer quickly.
Edited to to add photo. I night the cute blue flower pattern but they have many options. Oh and made ethically in India.

I was not paid for this review :)

Attachments

• 20230314_113853.jpg
    20230314_113853.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 39

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Is that a terrible idea?

I love my Bosch 800 series. Love - like best dishwasher I ever had. It does not have a heat cycle, it dries by condensation (you may know this) super quiet. We are 5 years in and my classes and dishes look pristine when they come out of the dishwasher. No prints, lipstick, haze - just perfect. We also use the Cascade Platinum pellets. Heh, like we're all about pictures...so my dishes.

In our old rental, we had a Bosch, and when I found out it did not have a drying cycle as I was used to, I pre-judged it and griped about the dishwasher - until I saw the dishes were consistently clean. And, no more burned plastics. I love the top rack (3rd rack) feature too.

Maybe I should try on the diamonds :D
F31969D3-436B-4DB1-A170-C16C7159ECC3.jpeg 1D48758D-051D-46C7-90E3-82F3911F518F.jpeg

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My Bosch dishwasher! Hate it! The tines are so close in about 1/3 of the bottom area that the only things you can put in it are saucers or
plastic lids. Leaves grain size pieces of food in glasses and to get the dishes to dry we end up having to prop the door open at the end
of the wash.

And no store dishwashing soap for me either...Cascade is my only hope for my stupid dishwasher!

We have one too. It does the same. It came with the house. I will replace it with a KitchenAid pro probably when it dies. The residue in glasses problem is constant even with cleaning all parts of the machine out.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Bosch 800 series. Love - like best dishwasher I ever had. It does not have a heat cycle, it dries by condensation (you may know this) super quiet. We are 5 years in and my classes and dishes look pristine when they come out of the dishwasher. No prints, lipstick, haze - just perfect. We also use the Cascade Platinum pellets. Heh, like we're all about pictures...so my dishes.

In our old rental, we had a Bosch, and when I found out it did not have a drying cycle as I was used to, I pre-judged it and griped about the dishwasher - until I saw the dishes were consistently clean. And, no more burned plastics. I love the top rack (3rd rack) feature too.

Maybe I should try on the diamonds :D
F31969D3-436B-4DB1-A170-C16C7159ECC3.jpeg 1D48758D-051D-46C7-90E3-82F3911F518F.jpeg

Honestly, I have been avoiding turning my researching to appliances because diamonds are just so much more fun!

Idk how the lack of a heat cycle would do for drying. That rings a bell in some distant memory about someone saying they had to manually dry the dishes as they came out of their dishwasher. That would send me around the bend.

Yours are dry when they’re done, though?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I have been avoiding turning my researching to appliances because diamonds are just so much more fun!

Idk how the lack of a heat cycle would do for drying. That rings a bell in some distant memory about someone saying they had to manually dry the dishes as they came out of their dishwasher. That would send me around the bend.

Yours are dry when they’re done, though?

Well, if you discount the plastics which always collect water on the top. Ceramics and glass work great. Plastics I remove and toss into the dish drainer. Right after a cycle, not allowing them to sit a while, I am greeted by a hot bog of steam. However, I am not usually so eager to unload the dishwasher, running it after dinner and unloading in the morning. It is perfect to unload.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Is interesting- there's a review on Amazon from a lady that was actually in textiles (she raved about these sheets). She said don't let the 400 ct deter you. They are tightly woven. She said many advertise higher count but it's achieved by an additive in the material not the actual weave.
Honestly the softest (not silky) , most comfy sheets. I can't wait to get in bed at night and feel them on my skin. And don't get hot. Yes they are wrinkly but not when I take them out of dyer quickly.
Edited to to add photo. I night the cute blue flower pattern but they have many options. Oh and made ethically in India.

I bought my hotel sheets from Amazon years ago, created for the hospitality industry. They were like those crispy cool linens from the 60's and 70's. Full percale. The thread count was unremarkable. Not scratchy though, have a full body heavy feel.

I converted hubby to cotton too - who says you cannot change a man?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you! I’m going to order a set! I love the little blue flowers. I hope they have those!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been using 100% linen sheets. They aren't soft like cotton, just different, but I sleep very warm, even in cotton, and it makes me wake up a lot. These don't make me too warm and I sleep better. They do throw a lot of lint though and I have to dust the room frequently even though I keep an air purifier running.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I've been using 100% linen sheets. They aren't soft like cotton, just different, but I sleep very warm, even in cotton, and it makes me wake up a lot. These don't make me too warm and I sleep better. They do throw a lot of lint though and I have to dust the room frequently even though I keep an air purifier running.

I sleep hot too- (one foot out usually lol)...but not with these. They are cheap for nice sheets and no lint !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Wash and dry before use (as per instruction). I truly hope you love them !

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL I never met a Bosch dishwasher I didn't like.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Miele..I do lightly wash my dishes with soap before loading them. I don’t run the dishwasher until it’s full.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Miele..I do lightly wash my dishes with soap before loading them. I don’t run the dishwasher until it’s full.

Love Miele also.

As to answer the OP question, I will never buy/replace a garburator.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

We have been using 100% linen, too! I am a convert. I used to be all about silky cotton percale, but my husband and I are both turning into hot sleepers as we age, and the linen seems to work better. The set we got was from Parachute. Pricey, but really amazing so far.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Processed deli meat. It's full of sugar. And one can only guess which bit of the turkey, chicken or beef they're actually using. I didn't even *realize* it was processed meat - my deli slices it from big pieces squished into the shape of a shoulder roast, or something similar.

Keranique shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair. $40 for the pair - dried my hair out like you wouldn't believe. Caused breakage. Never again. Had mostly very good reviews on Amazon, but everyone who complained, complained of the same thing - that it dried out their hair horrendously and caused a lot of breakage.

An Apple iPhone. DH bought me the Apple Max Pro recently. Hate it. Bought it for the slightly larger keyboard - which is the ONLY thing I like about it. Will go back to Samsung Galaxy as soon as this one wears out. This will take a while, tho - phones last me for years and years. I wonder if dropping it in the toilet would help...?

Cosmetics or perfumes tested on animals.

And count me in as someone who loves their Bosch dishwasher!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results