shape
carat
color
clarity

What products would you never buy again?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following @qubitasaurus ’s thread

IOW what product (s) didn’t live up to the hype and you would never purchase again?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved the concept, 3 chargers in one neat spot. You use the Apple charger for the watch and that was never a problem. No issues with the earphones charger either. However, after about 6-7 months the phone charger just went whacko. Tried multiple things to salvage it, but ultimately got frustrated and tossed in the trash.

Should have known better. It's cheap Chinese knockoff crap. Looking for a quality replacement if anyone knows of one.

Along these same lines, I picked up a few of these to use while traveling. After all, my watch charger was tied up in the 3-in-1 device above. They are still working pretty good after 1+ years. The real gripe here is there is just a SINGLE way to place the watch on the charger. Depending how the USB plug is installed, that may put your watch upside down and the magnet isn't strong enough to overcome gravity, so it's a 50/50 rather it works.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impossible Burgers (veg-head since 1985 but the Impossible line of foods feel/taste wrong in my mouth)
Brooks Glycerine sneakers (I like Adrenaline but Glycerine just fit me wrong)
paraffin-based candles (they burn black smoke)
bitter-tasting dark chocolate
clothes made out of non-breathing fiber
rose gold jewelry

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roomba. Love the idea of getting under the furniture more easily and sweeping up pet fluff more frequently but it was extremely noisy and the battery conked after a year or two. The next battery gave up a year or two later. Gave it away.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Bosch dishwasher! Hate it! The tines are so close in about 1/3 of the bottom area that the only things you can put in it are saucers or
plastic lids. Leaves grain size pieces of food in glasses and to get the dishes to dry we end up having to prop the door open at the end
of the wash.

And no store dishwashing soap for me either...Cascade is my only hope for my stupid dishwasher!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
My Bosch dishwasher! Hate it! The tines are so close in about 1/3 of the bottom area that the only things you can put in it are saucers or
plastic lids. Leaves grain size pieces of food in glasses and to get the dishes to dry we end up having to prop the door open at the end
of the wash.

And no store dishwashing soap for me either...Cascade is my only hope for my stupid dishwasher!

Hated my Bosch as well. Never again!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oat milk
and oat milk chocolate (very hyped when it was released here)

Oatmilk-product-v2.png

i would get banned for using the language i want to use to describe the taste and texture

oh and soy youurt
gross
it smells awful

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, did you mean @Tonks's thread? :))

+1 to Impossible Burgers
+1 to oat milk
milk chocolate
non-dairy ice cream
fat free half-and-half
fat free ice cream

Ohhh emmm geeee
Yes!!!
Sorry @Tonks!
This is what happens with my multi tasking brain when I’m doing too much at once Oy to the vey. My apologies :oops:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
any food item with artificial sweeteners. The after taste sticks with me for hours.
clothing made out of non-natural fibers. Sheets the same.
Pleather.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree about oat milk chocolate. We bought a bar of Lindt's out of curiosity-- it was just awful!

intersting
i like Lindt's chocky
and whitakers in NZ are a good quality long standing brand
but neither make good oat milk chocolate then
the texture was just revolting
chewy and greasy and did not melt in mouth
im not sure if they racced through the R&D stage but they stuffed up big time

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the thread @Tonks, @missy. I was enjoying the related on @Tonks started.

For products I'd never touch again, I can think of a few.

mason pearson brushes -- they don't seem to do anything, but theyre high maintenance as I have to keep cleaning them. I wont outsource the cleaning, as they're expensive and natural fiber yet I do not want to clean it myself so it just sits in the cupboard :roll:
shoes that don't fit my feet -- I'm too old for shoes that look pretty but dont fit.​
would not buy brandt electrical products -- we have a fully built in brandt kitchen and it drives me nuts. That said my parents have siemens fully built in kitchen gadgets, and half of those dont work properly either.​
I avoid certain airlines -- especially budget carriers. But if there was no other way to get there I think I'd just suck it up. I thought I would never fly a Boeing 747 Max again, but I recently found that when that was the only way to the location I wanted to reach I bit the bullet.​
Compressed marble flooring -- do not get me started.​

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
any food item with artificial sweeteners. The after taste sticks with me for hours.
clothing made out of non-natural fibers. Sheets the same.
Pleather.

+1 to non-natural fibers for sheets. For some reason I can handle it okay in clothing but can't stand sleeping in them.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All but one of mine are food-related.

Anything with Splenda, gives me a headache.

Halo Top ice cream, can’t do Stevia, makes my tongue feel weird.

Quorn products, had the absolute worst reaction to their fake turkey loaf. That was back in my vegetarian days.

Absolutely anything with high fructose corn syrup, found out a new favorite flavor of ice cream had it and immediately went back Haagen Dazs.

I’ve also found that generic band aids don’t stick as well so only name brand for us.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oat milk
and oat milk chocolate (very hyped when it was released here)

Oatmilk-product-v2.png

i would get banned for using the language i want to use to describe the taste and texture

oh and soy youurt
gross
it smells awful

i wasn't an oat milk fan until i tried this recipe... next time you wind up with oat milk and don't know what to do with it, this always turns out amazing.

oat milk chocolate pudding
2 c oat milk
1/3c sugar (i use 1/4, comes out fine)
1/3c cocoa (i think you could also adjust this to taste, i like to use the extra dark cocoa)
2 tbsp cornstarch (i use arrowroot powder sometimes, comes out fine)

mix dry stuff, then add milk, then stir over med heat 5-10 min til thickened. turn off heat, add 1 tsp vanilla. thickens as it cools.

can add other things at the end to change up the flavor - 1/3 c. dark chocolate chips (stir till melted), or orange rind, or i bet it would taste great with raspberry.

=)

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I think all of mine are health related in some way.

I’m a rosacean, so tons of skin products just don’t work for me:
—Any chemical sunscreen for the face. NOPE. Big time breakouts. Supergoop mineral is amazing. Supergoop chemical? Ohmigod NOOOOOO. My dermatologist was incredulous when she saw my face.
—Fresh tinted lip balm. Yes, the one everyone loves. I’m allergic to something in it. Tried it and my lips blew up so much it looked like I’d had filler. Had to get steroids for things to calm down.
—Cover Girl lash curl or some such mascara. Really I wouldn’t buy any cover girl mascara again. Some reaction had me wanting to claw my eyes out.

—Anything with artificial sweetener. It’s a reliable migraine trigger for me.

Guessing I will think of more later.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Microfiber sheets. I want/use/need/hunt cotton percale, the vintage heavy "crispy" kind.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I think all of mine are health related in some way.

I’m a rosacean, so tons of skin products just don’t work for me:
—Any chemical sunscreen for the face. NOPE. Big time breakouts. Supergoop mineral is amazing. Supergoop chemical? Ohmigod NOOOOOO. My dermatologist was incredulous when she saw my face.
—Fresh tinted lip balm. Yes, the one everyone loves. I’m allergic to something in it. Tried it and my lips blew up so much it looked like I’d had filler. Had to get steroids for things to calm down.
—Cover Girl lash curl or some such mascara. Really I wouldn’t buy any cover girl mascara again. Some reaction had me wanting to claw my eyes out.

—Anything with artificial sweetener. It’s a reliable migraine trigger for me.

Guessing I will think of more later.

When I burn through my current mineral suncreen, I will try the mineral goop. No white ghost effect?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
When I burn through my current mineral suncreen, I will try the mineral goop. No white ghost effect?

No, no white cast to it. It’s called Supergoop mineral sheerscreen. I also like the Tarte powder mineral sunscreen for through the day touch ups. It’s this interesting packaging—it’s a brush with a button on the end you press to get the product to come down. It’s nice to touch up around the hairline and tops of ears and such.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
No, no white cast to it. It’s called Supergoop mineral sheerscreen. I also like the Tarte powder mineral sunscreen for through the day touch ups. It’s this interesting packaging—it’s a brush with a button on the end you press to get the product to come down. It’s nice to touch up around the hairline and tops of ears and such.

Great, I will check the Tarte powder out too.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
All low carb pastas! Have yet to find one that has the right taste and texture. They either taste like wet cardboard or rubber bands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results