shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes Vatche so special?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DEVO

Rough_Rock
I have to say that I stumbled across my setting by a picture (had no clue what a Vatche ring was) and it was afterwards that I found that there is a following for Vatche settings. So what makes them so special? Why do they have to set the stone? etc...

Serendipitous

Rough_Rock
Really can't answer your question with anything other than: (1) Vatche's x-prong setting was exactly what my fiancee had envisioned (after seeing a dozen other cathedral and lucida settings); and (2) when I got the ring back from Vatche and Whiteflash, it was more beautiful than I had thought it would look.

So it cost about $5-600 more than a non-name setting would have and it took a bit longer to get it, but the reaction was well worth it.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Vatche does not have to set the stone. We have set all the ones to date that we have sold.

Vatche has a following because of the styling, quality of workmanship, and the rumor that they have designed for an affluent well known store.

DEVO

Rough_Rock
I just realized that this post could be moved to the ring forum. Sorry.

Ok... maybe I misspoke or misunderstood GOG handling of d. Vatche settings. They send their rings out to Vatche to have them set it. So what gives?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/1/2003 4:47:29 PM DEVO wrote:

So what makes them (Vatche) so special? Why do they have to set the stone? etc...

----------------

Because Vatche's lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects applies only if the stones are set by Empire Jewelry Corporation (which is Vatche).

Others may be physically able to do the work, but doing so negates your lifetime guarantee.

My personal opinion.....why pay such a hefty sum for a designer setting if you're going to blow the warranty? Have Vatche do the setting of the stone.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/1/2003 5:01:52 PM StevL wrote:

Vatche does not have to set the stone. We have set all the ones to date that we have sold.

----------------

Hi, StevL: Are you aware that Vatche's lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defect is nullified if you (or anyone other than Empire Jewelry Corporation) sets the stone?

If not, see here: http://www.goodoldgold.com/images/0%20Vatche%20Letter%202.jpg

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am, but I may also add that I will warranty our work beyond what Vatche will do.

Here was a post by Joe on DT that better explains our service:

.....Well, that was that, transaction completed 13 months ago, wife VERY happy, me happy. Last week my wife had an accident with her solitaire ring and mashed the mounting (diamond was ok). She (and I) were distraught and unsure what to do so despite having not spoken with Steve for a year I made contact. Although busy (he was on vacation/golf), he offered to repair the ring (replace the mount if required) and ship it back to me - all this he offered without prompting FREE OF CHARGE. Now this I find amazing. There's nothing in it for Steve yet he was happy to do this, even offering to do it.

BTW: Eclipse not Empire.

bling

Shiny_Rock
well, i didnt intend on a vatche setting at first, but i found one setting that i loved! nothing else i saw changed my mind, so i knew it was the one for me. it was a little more than i had planned on the setting alone, but it was well worth it.. and the craftmanship is awsome..
appl.gif
9.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
"Manufacturer defect", there are many companies that will do this. It really isn't a big deal. Have you ever seen a ring that the diamond fell out because of this? In 30+ years I have seen it maybe twice and I have seen thousands of rings. I believe both times it was a soldered in head that fell off the ring but not a cast ring that the head fell off.

If you break a prong it isn't a manufacturer defect,
if you bend a prong or two it isn't a manufacturer defect,
if you wear the prongs down over time it isn't a manufacturer defect, if you scrape, hit, or knock it around it isn't a manufacturer defect.

"Manufacturer defects" are seen very rarely in mountings. I believe most would send the diamond to be set because they do not have bench jewelers in house. You have a larger chance of a shipping company misplacing your package let alone the additional time it takes to complete a simple task.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOW......That's great, StevL. Hey, as long as you'll cover what is negated by nullifying the Vatche warranty......including replacing the entire setting if necessary......that's FANTASTIC.

As a consumer, that would appeal to me a great deal. It shows as a vendor that you're going out of your way to provide a faster service (instead of shipping back/forth to Vatche and being without one's ring). It also indirectly endorses the Vatche workmanship (I'm so confident in their product, I'm willing to cover the cost if it fails.)

Very classy, and very well done.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Has this setting: www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/vatche3.jpg been "released" yet? I haven't seen it at any of the jewelry stores yet.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results