shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of wedding dress?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my tastes are similar to CaliBali and Paris. That said, I might just do something CRAZY and get a purple dress or something instead. I did the whole "white wedding dress" thing the first time around and this time (getting married to a GIRL) will be much more fun ;-) I think purple = FUN!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember said:
PavePrincess said:
I live a mile outside of Center City because I'm currently at Temple, but I enjoy taking frequent trips out to King of Prussia.. :appl:

Where in Philly are you??

Thats awesome! I went to Temple for 3 years for undergrad. I'm about 20 minutes outside of center city (bucks county) but I spend every single weekend in Center City...

KOP = :love: :cheeky: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

YAY Temple!! I'm @ the law school and love it. The area took me a little bit of time to get used to though.. :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess said:
Autumnovember said:
PavePrincess said:
I live a mile outside of Center City because I'm currently at Temple, but I enjoy taking frequent trips out to King of Prussia.. :appl:

Where in Philly are you??

Thats awesome! I went to Temple for 3 years for undergrad. I'm about 20 minutes outside of center city (bucks county) but I spend every single weekend in Center City...

KOP = :love: :cheeky: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

YAY Temple!! I'm @ the law school and love it. The area took me a little bit of time to get used to though.. :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

I have a few friends there going for grad school.

Believe it or not...after I transferred to another school which was very very suburban, I made an interesting observation. I felt safer at Temple than I did at any suburban school I visited/went to.

I used to live in the 1940 residence hall :)

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
See.. I went to a small school that had a completely gated campus. The only way to get on campus was to go through a security checkpoint. It sounds like a jail.. haha.. but I loved my little school on the hill.

Also, California cities are WAY different from east coast cities.. Los Angeles is way different than Philadelphia and I wasn't quite prepared. I'm starting to love Philly. It just took me some time to get used to..

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
PavePrincess said:
beezygal said:
PavePrincess said:
So I got really excited when I saw this thread because I'm going to Kleinfelds in 2 weeks!! I'm no where near ready to purchase a dress, but the fiance and I are going to be in NY for a couple of days and I wanted to hit up all my favorite reality tv hot spots! I can't wait to try on some Kenneth Pool gowns.. I am in LOVE with the collection. Also, Pnina's trunk show is that week so I may have to try on one or two of those too..

:appl:

Right now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose a ball gown or mermaid style dress.. maybe an a-line. I just love the drama of a beautiful white ball gown. Even though I'm almost 24.. I still want to be a princess on my wedding day..

:love: :love: :love:

Also, sorry.. i don't know how to put more than 1 picture in a post..

OMG!!! paveprincess. This is my DREAM DRESS! :love: :love: :love: I want something just like that. I like how it's puffy at the bottom. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! You've found me THE DRESS. However, I don't know if it will look good on me. My boobs are small, will they hold up that dress? Sometimes a dress might only look good on the hanger but not on me. Really have to try stuff on to see what fits my body.

I also want to look like a princess on my wedding day!!!! :appl:

Beezy - are you talking about the first dress?? I think it's gorgeous, but the more I look at them I think the second one is my fave.. :love: There are about 6 dresses from that collection that I want to try on.. I just think they're fabulous! And I'm so happy that I may have helped you find your DREAM DRESS!!

As far as your boobs being too small, your torso will hold the dress up. 99% of strapless wedding dresses come with a corset type thing sewn inside. That's what holds it up.. I REFUSE to keep pulling up my wedding dress throughout the day..

Yes! I'm talking about the first dress. It's simple but princess looking. :lol: Glad to know there is a corset type of thing inside. My bf was worried that a wedding dress looks so heavy, my dress might fall down during our wedding. He said, I'll be the center of attention FOR SURE. :lol: I've decided that I want a strapless dress. I really like those puffy dress. However, I think it might only look good on taller women. I dunno.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess said:
See.. I went to a small school that had a completely gated campus. The only way to get on campus was to go through a security checkpoint. It sounds like a jail.. haha.. but I loved my little school on the hill.

Also, California cities are WAY different from east coast cities.. Los Angeles is way different than Philadelphia and I wasn't quite prepared. I'm starting to love Philly. It just took me some time to get used to..

Yeah I totally understand how different it must be. I'm glad you're starting to get used to it and love it. Have you been out to the bars in rittenhouse?

You should check out the franklin institute.

I really love everything from Philly and I swear I should be a tour guide because I can go on and on and on about different things to do in the city.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry said:
I really love the look of Jenna Bush Hager's wedding dress, so that's the direction I'm thinking right now (although sadly not made by Oscar de la Renta!). It has the right look since we'll be outside, and I love the lace and the straps.

Oh I love the look of the lace on that one. I bet you could find one very similar to that without the de la Renta price tag.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Pave: The more I look at the first picture you posted, the more I'm in love with it. :love: Can you tell me the designer of it? Which site did you find that picture from? Thank you!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
beezygal said:
Pave: The more I look at the first picture you posted, the more I'm in love with it. :love: Can you tell me the designer of it? Which site did you find that picture from? Thank you!!!

All of the dresses I posted are Kenneth Pool gowns. Austin Scarlet (from Project Runway) used to be the head designer, but now it's back to Amsale. They really do make gorgeous gowns.. I just pulled those pics off their website, but you can find pics on theknot.com and brides.com. I have been trying to talk myself out of a Kenneth Pool dress for the past 6 months because they're kind of expensive, but I think I may just have to save up, ask my mom, and go to a trunk show!

Autumn, I think I may need to message you and get some suggestions on places to go and things to see! I've only been out to a few bars even though I've been here for a year.. the sad life of a law student. :blackeye: Have you been to Fogo De Chao? That's one of my favorite restaurants ever!!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I have a few that I like. Two of them are way out of my price range.

$$$ Dresses! I love these.
Alvina-Valenta-11456-large.jpg

knmlhus08monel.jpg

This dress is more in my price range and I really like it.

larger_image2.jpg

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, NCSUChick you posted the same dress as me (the ML). But I do also like the top dress, who is it by?

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
calibali said:
Haha, NCSUChick you posted the same dress as me (the ML). But I do also like the top dress, who is it by?
The top dress is by Alvina Valenta. I found it on the Kleinfeld website. I have loved the ML dress for a while. I love lace dresses.

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I definitely want a fit and flare or a very slime a-line. I've never been one for the big puffy ball gown. I love this dress my Sottero and Midgley hopefully I'll get it one day if I don't find another dress by them that I love. It's just simple but with enough detail and elegant.

adorae.jpg

paris29

Shiny_Rock
^ I was just looking at this dress online. I absolutely love it!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I :love: the Sottero & midgley one! If I come to my senses, that will be a very strong contender. I need to see it in person though.. from some pictures the fabric kind of worries me.

bellapoo

Rough_Rock
Trade
I know that I LOVE ruching, a sweetheart neckline, full A-line and, of course, bling! Here is a picture of a dress I'm dying to try! I'm going for a glamorous look! :love:

gown1.jpg

bebe0912

Rough_Rock
NB have you looked at the Maggie Dallas Marie? I think it's similar to those you posted! I LOOOOOVE that dress! And the corset will really emphasis the teensy-tiny on top if that's what you're looking for!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ducklovingvegan... you posted the dress I bought! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results