shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of wedding dress?

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
So I got really excited when I saw this thread because I'm going to Kleinfelds in 2 weeks!! I'm no where near ready to purchase a dress, but the fiance and I are going to be in NY for a couple of days and I wanted to hit up all my favorite reality tv hot spots! I can't wait to try on some Kenneth Pool gowns.. I am in LOVE with the collection. Also, Pnina's trunk show is that week so I may have to try on one or two of those too..

:appl:

Right now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose a ball gown or mermaid style dress.. maybe an a-line. I just love the drama of a beautiful white ball gown. Even though I'm almost 24.. I still want to be a princess on my wedding day..

:love: :love: :love:

Also, sorry.. i don't know how to put more than 1 picture in a post..

a-line.jpg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Sigh, Amsale makes the prettiest dresses.. I'm going to try to find something elsewhere, but I LOVE Kenneth Pool.. hahaha

romantic.jpg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Here we go...one of the ones I'm really liking right now:

This dress is gorgeous.. I love the flowers.. :love:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I'm obsessed with Say Yes to the Dress and would kill to go to Kleinfelds! I doubt I could afford anything that I would fall in love with at that store though! :nono:

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember said:

Autumn, LOVE IT!!! I couldn't personally pull off the one arm strap, I have little chunky arms haha. But wow, that's gorgeous! I love seeing everyone's personal opinion on their dresses. When I was younger I always wanted this huge puffy princess dress, and then as I grew up, I said to myself, go classy and elegant! No boobage! :)) Sleek and chic is very modern these days!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Mashira said:
I'm obsessed with Say Yes to the Dress and would kill to go to Kleinfelds! I doubt I could afford anything that I would fall in love with at that store though! :nono:

My mothers heart is set on taking me to Kleinfeld for a dress. We live about an hour from NYC, and she is always telling me they are having sales and we should go. I still said, it would be too expensive. She insists on buying my dress, which is a plus and a great help, but I would rather her buy me a cheaper dress and use the remaining money on other things for the reception. They can jack up their prices because they have a show, don't get me wrong, I LOVE THAT SHOW! But the prices, WOOF! :lol:

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
I am in a dilemma.
Previously I was meant to get married in February and so I had a dress bought and made by a local designer Sarah Devine.
It was dropped waist , princess style with a tulle skirt, sweetheart neckline... one of a kind.

However we cancelled the wedding... 4 days before... so should I re-use the dress for my next wedding if someone proposes.
Also the dress is for a youngish bride ( i'm 27 ) so if I get married in my 30's I don't think it would still be appropriate.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
MissDimity said:
I am in a dilemma.
Previously I was meant to get married in February and so I had a dress bought and made by a local designer Sarah Devine.
It was dropped waist , princess style with a tulle skirt, sweetheart neckline... one of a kind.

However we cancelled the wedding... 4 days before... so should I re-use the dress for my next wedding if someone proposes.
Also the dress is for a youngish bride ( i'm 27 ) so if I get married in my 30's I don't think it would still be appropriate.

Depending on how old you are when you decide to get married again. If you are comfortable in it still and think it looks great, then I would wear it! But if it does not match you, at that time, then I would sell it if you chose to do so. That is just my own personal opinion. Good luck!

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Paris! that dress is so beautiful! Any chance of letting us know who it is by? Or if you want sending me a personal message? I live in Bermuda - there's no way we could end up wearing the same dress in the same place or anything! lol :love: :love: :love:

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
dawnabee said:
I want to go a little greek/toga/romantic/beach-ish for my wedding day

here are few ideas I have in mind so far but there are others :bigsmile:

1st one I saw... http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...-halter-T9850_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns
undecided on this one... http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...Bodice-WG9830_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns
closest choice... http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=7&style=RD1068

I LOVE the third one! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
I almost tried on the first one you have....but didn't get that far!!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just not a big fan of strapless dresses, at least not on my body. But I find it next to impossible to find a nice, fashionable dress with straps or sleeves. There are a few, but they always look like something my grandmother would wear. It seems everyone uniformly wears a strapless gown and platinum or white gold rings these days. I want yellow gold and either straps or sleeves, but I don't want to look like my grandmother. I am SO not looking forward to dress shopping. It is going to be an absolute ordeal.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Autumn-- yay thats the one I like for you too!

Pave-- I like the Angelic dress (pic #2) the combo of the sweetheart, mermaid and poof is :love: Everyone is telling me to go to Kleinfelds for the experience so you must tell me how it is! I wont go no matter how much my future MOH bugs me haha I know there are many stores in the area that sell splendid designer gowns for much less. But... if I am looking during one of their trunk shows you bet I'll be the first one there!

MissDimity-- I wouldnt worry about the wedding dress for now! You could always choose to sell it when the time comes and it doesnt suit your style anymore. Thats what I would do =)

Pushin40-- Thank you!! I think it is the most wedding like dress I've chosen so far. Most of the other ones dont have a long train and are much more casual. I really love the back corset on it too so its a must see in person... the first one is of course my first choice I just wish I could find something similar thats a little more fancy. How come you didnt get far when you tried it on? I'm always afraid these dresses will look horrible on me in person and then I'll never like anything <------ my nightmare

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Blacksand-- I am with you 100%!!! I really don't want a strapless gown either but lately I have been setting myself up to get one just in case since it is really hard to find one thats not.

There is always V-necks or Halters that can be really pretty without looking like a great grandmother dress. Have you looked into these styles? Heres a few I picked as examples off The Knot real quick:

http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dres...ridal/sml9790?ctx=-1:-1:-1:-1&src=res&keep=-1

http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/davinci-bridal/8230?ctx=-1:-1:-1:-1&src=res&keep=-1

http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dres...e-gardner/2320?ctx=5:15:-1:-1&src=res&keep=-1

I wouldn't go by what they have on the knot, personally I don't think its all that up to date and you can find many more styles by looking in magazines or at a designers collections online (i.e. maggie sottero). Theres also a style called sheath... some of these look grandmaish but some are really elegant. I think my first choice falls into that category because of the sheer halter around the neck.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the look of Jenna Bush Hager's wedding dress, so that's the direction I'm thinking right now (although sadly not made by Oscar de la Renta!). It has the right look since we'll be outside, and I love the lace and the straps.

jenna_bush_wedding_3.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Mashira said:

I actually just filled out an application for SYTD! If they don't call back...I'm gonna go ahead and make an appointment there. I live way too close to Kleinfelds not to go...haha

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
nicoleben said:
Autumnovember said:

Autumn, LOVE IT!!! I couldn't personally pull off the one arm strap, I have little chunky arms haha. But wow, that's gorgeous! I love seeing everyone's personal opinion on their dresses. When I was younger I always wanted this huge puffy princess dress, and then as I grew up, I said to myself, go classy and elegant! No boobage! :)) Sleek and chic is very modern these days!

Thank you!! If I did get a halter I would be sure there was no boobage...mom would kill me! Plus I never really have boobage in clothes I wear on a normal basis.

I'm really falling more and more in love with that dress. I wonder what it will look like when I try it on..

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
First off, I am loving this thread!!!
Autumn- My fingers are crossed so tightly for you to get on SYTD! How fun would that be!?!
Paris- I LOVE Paloma dresses and that is a beautiful one. I'm also a sucker for lace!
Dawnabee- I love the third Magge S dress you posted, gorgeous!
Miss Dimity- Everyone is different, but if I were in your shoes, I think I would sell the dress now and put the money in my savings account where it can collect some interest and then I would use that for my new dress when the time comes. Your style will probably change by then and I also think you want your dress to go well with your venue, so that's something to keep in mind.

I know my dress will have some lace and I recently saw this and my heart went thump!

dress.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
PavePrincess said:
So I got really excited when I saw this thread because I'm going to Kleinfelds in 2 weeks!! I'm no where near ready to purchase a dress, but the fiance and I are going to be in NY for a couple of days and I wanted to hit up all my favorite reality tv hot spots! I can't wait to try on some Kenneth Pool gowns.. I am in LOVE with the collection. Also, Pnina's trunk show is that week so I may have to try on one or two of those too..

Right now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose a ball gown or mermaid style dress.. maybe an a-line. I just love the drama of a beautiful white ball gown. Even though I'm almost 24.. I still want to be a princess on my wedding day..

OMG!!! paveprincess. This is my DREAM DRESS! :love: :love: :love: I want something just like that. I like how it's puffy at the bottom. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! You've found me THE DRESS. However, I don't know if it will look good on me. My boobs are small, will they hold up that dress? Sometimes a dress might only look good on the hanger but not on me. Really have to try stuff on to see what fits my body.

I also want to look like a princess on my wedding day!!!! :appl:

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:

omg.. this is so pretty. However, I do not like lace... too vintage for me. It might change my mine once I try some though. :naughty: :love:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Mashira said:

I 100% agree! Even if I do find my dress there, I'll probably buy it somewhere else.. Unless it's a Pnina since they're the onely ones who carry Pnina.. :blackeye:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Mashira said:

I actually just filled out an application for SYTD! If they don't call back...I'm gonna go ahead and make an appointment there. I live way too close to Kleinfelds not to go...haha

I'm in Philly for the next year and a half, so it's a must! Unfortunately none of my bridesmaids or family are here so it'll just be me and the man at Kleinfelds. That's totally fine with me since the main reason I'm going there is to see Randy!! I also need to start getting a ballpark figure of what KP dress is going to cost.. eeks!

I was going to apply, but I couldn't do that to my mom.. The fiance and I are going just because we'll be in NY, not because I want to go dress shopping. I think my mom would be mortified if I bought a dress without her and she had to watch it on tv.. PLUS, I just want to look around since I'm nosey and I don't want to be made ffun of on national television when I don't buy a dress..

I hope you get on the show though! That would be sooooooo much fun! If my mom makes a trip out here maybe I'll apply too.. :wavey:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
beezygal said:
PavePrincess said:

OMG!!! paveprincess. This is my DREAM DRESS! :love: :love: :love: I want something just like that. I like how it's puffy at the bottom. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! You've found me THE DRESS. However, I don't know if it will look good on me. My boobs are small, will they hold up that dress? Sometimes a dress might only look good on the hanger but not on me. Really have to try stuff on to see what fits my body.

I also want to look like a princess on my wedding day!!!! :appl:

Beezy - are you talking about the first dress?? I think it's gorgeous, but the more I look at them I think the second one is my fave.. :love: There are about 6 dresses from that collection that I want to try on.. I just think they're fabulous! And I'm so happy that I may have helped you find your DREAM DRESS!!

As far as your boobs being too small, your torso will hold the dress up. 99% of strapless wedding dresses come with a corset type thing sewn inside. That's what holds it up.. I REFUSE to keep pulling up my wedding dress throughout the day..

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Dawnabee - Dress 2 is my favorite as well.. They have another dress that's similar, but in satin and for whatever reason it just doesn't look right. Right now I'm leaning toward a satin dress, but Dress 2 is just to die for.. if it looks good on me that will probably be the one.

Good luck with your dress shopping!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess said:
Autumnovember said:
Mashira said:

I'm in Philly for the next year and a half, so it's a must! Unfortunately none of my bridesmaids or family are here so it'll just be me and the man at Kleinfelds. That's totally fine with me since the main reason I'm going there is to see Randy!! I also need to start getting a ballpark figure of what KP dress is going to cost.. eeks!

I was going to apply, but I couldn't do that to my mom.. The fiance and I are going just because we'll be in NY, not because I want to go dress shopping. I think my mom would be mortified if I bought a dress without her and she had to watch it on tv.. PLUS, I just want to look around since I'm nosey and I don't want to be made ffun of on national television when I don't buy a dress..

I hope you get on the show though! That would be sooooooo much fun! If my mom makes a trip out here maybe I'll apply too.. :wavey:

Are you??? Where in Philly?! I live in Philly =]

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I live a mile outside of Center City because I'm currently at Temple, but I enjoy taking frequent trips out to King of Prussia.. :appl:

Where in Philly are you??

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess said:
I live a mile outside of Center City because I'm currently at Temple, but I enjoy taking frequent trips out to King of Prussia.. :appl:

Where in Philly are you??

Thats awesome! I went to Temple for 3 years for undergrad. I'm about 20 minutes outside of center city (bucks county) but I spend every single weekend in Center City...

KOP = :love: :cheeky: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results