shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of gemstone is this?

Gold99

Rough_Rock
I'd like to sell this old pink gemstone necklace on my relative's behalf but it'd be better if I knew what kind of gemstone is :)
DSCN6518_2.JPG DSCN6521_2.JPG DSCN6525_2.JPG
I guess there's something engraved on the sphere clip and I'll clean it to discover this mystery :) I don't think it's made of gold because its oxidation is greenish.
By the way, how to clean both beads and clip before selling to make them shine?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like rose quartz but honestly I don't think it would bring much. Check "sold" listings of similar items on eBay for comparison.

Also, the ring near the bead part of the clasp looks like it's broken. It doesn't look secure. IMO it should be restrung, with a new clasp. It would be very hard to remove that much tarnish, and if it isn't stamped 925 (sterling silver) it's probably base metal.

At the very least the necklace needs to be washed. Submerge it in warm soapy water, wipe it with a soft cloth and brush it with a soft brush to remove all the grime. Lay it on a towel to dry. The thread inside the beads takes time to dry, so give it 24-48 hours.

After it's clean you can decide if you still want to try to sell it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks very nice rose quartz
i would get it restrung with a nice silver clasp and
...wear it

or give it to a younger relative who would enjoy wearing it

just because something isnt worth a ton of money doesnt mean it doesnt have worth
and i think its pretty and deserves a 2nd life

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose quartz would be my guess.

DK :))

Gold99

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your answer to my question, mystery is solved :)

Thanks for your suggestion to change the clasp. I think I'll try to restore it because it's too ruined, I mean dirty and broken.
DSCN6559_2.JPG
I tried to clean the round part to read its engravings but with no so much success
DSCN6541_2.JPG
I just can bet that one out of the 2 engravings is 800 or 900 but I'm quite curious to discover the mystery beyond the smaller engraving, maybe it deals with the city of production or the jewelry brand.

For restoration:
I think I'll get one of the silver round clasps you can buy on aliexpress like these ones
- smooth https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32424479092.html
- striped https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004862905623.html
And I'll get one new pink nylon thread like this 0.8mm one. I think I just have to cut the inner thread, pass the new one throughout beads' holes and knot each one of its ends to the new clasp. Do you think that will work?

After that I'll decide about its future :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer polyester thread over nylon-- nylon knots tend to not stay knotted tightly as well.

I suggest you use clamshell type bead tips and follow the instructions in this video:

However, please realize that by the time you buy thread, flexible wire needles, clasp, clamshell beads and Hypo cement (glue), you may just break even when you sell the beads-- or even lose money.

You could just wash them and sell them "as is" for someone else to restring. At least then you would not lose money.
Just a thought.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results