shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of e-ring would you buy for 20-25K?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you will like some of these............

http://www.danielk.net/flash/index.html

17.gif

Carey

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely check out Alpha Omega (There''s one at Copley, but the Cambridge store is the flagship). They have Daniel K asscher rings, but are very willing (at least in the Cambridge store) to work with you to design and build you a beautiful ring. Forget Long''s Flagship store downtown... they only have Royal Asschers (more $$$, and for my money not ALWAYS so beautiful). Forget Lux, Bond, too - they don''t have any square emeralds in house, but enthusiastically encourage you to ''request'' one to be shipped there, so they can look at it, too! Shreve''s is nice, and their people are usually friendly at the diamond counter, but, like Tiffany''s, probably more $$$ than you need to pay if you educate yourself. Good luck!
21.gif

Kinger

Rough_Rock
Hey Carey,

Thanks for the suggestions! I have looked (a lot) at the Alpha Omega in Copley but haven''t been to the flagship. Is it much bigger and better?

So will they sell the square emeralds loose at AO even if they are in the Daniel K settings?

I have had those exact experiences at LBG...too funny.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Codex57 and Superidealist on strategies.

Have fun out there!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Mara. Go ring shopping and try on a million varieties to see what looks great on your hand. There are lots of things I ohh and ahh over in pictures until I see them on my hand. Ex. wide bands or multiple stacked bands don''t look good on me, even tho I like them. Larger 3 stones rings don''t look great -- they are too wide. You will start to see the shapes and proportions that look best on your hand pretty quickly, which will help narrow the decisions.

Carey

Shiny_Rock
Well, the people at LB&G must be thinking they should get up to speed with Asschers in that price range if we''re both in there asking!

AO''s store in Cambridge (right at the Harvard T stop) is gi-normous compared to their store at Copley! The first floor is watches, 2nd floor jewelry. I doubt they''d fiddle with one of their Daniel K''s - because of the whole ''branding'' thing. And it''s like an artist''s work, it is what it is - and you pay for that. But they can get their own Asshers (square emeralds) and are happy to DESIGN a ring with you. I''m not saying it''ll be as cheap as going to the Jeweler''s Building, but it''ll be cheaper than the ''Daniel K'', and I would think you can be specific about what type of setting you want. You GO girl! Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results