shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your sweet spot - diamond cost & setting cost?

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
DS,
I started this thread because I saw that ring and it's pretty much what she has said she wants, except the center is a bit bigger.

I very much doubt she will want to upgrade. She has a very simple style. No jewelery. Mostly jeans/yoga pants. Very fitness oriented. Health food nut...I tease my son that she is very "granola".. ;-) I think upgrading is a mostly PS thing. I know I did, but only a very few people IRL do it seems. Actually, if you look at sites the Wedding Bee & The knot, you will see that the general public doesn't give a crap what a diamond looks like, as long as they have one (and it's at least a carat... :twirl: ).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1361289469|3384265 said:
diamondseeker2006|1361289064|3384261 said:
This sounds exactly like what she wants, and if it is close to her ring size, it could be a great deal!

http://diamondbistro.com/index.php?a=2&b=33494

I think a .5 center just wouldn't have as much impact as this one would. I would not even bring up the upgrade idea. The vast majority of people do not ever think of such a thing and most young couples have other financial priorities than a new diamond. We on PS are a tiny minority in our upgrading!

Wow DS! Great find! And look at that finger coverage! :love: I agree, this could be a great option!!
yup,nice looking ring :!:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Get the DB ring it looks lovely!!! :love:
0.7ct is very close to 0.5ct - I don't think she would mind.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Buy the DB ring! She is not going to complain it's a bit bigger if you are saving money second hand. Well ... at least I won't!

ncpalafox

Rough_Rock
I guess I looked at things a tad different from the majority and spent a lot on the setting. Partially because I knew the exact setting my gf wants. With a 15k budget, $5800 went to the specific halo setting she fell in love with, the remaining $9200 went to a pretty nice ideal cut ACA H&A 1.121 RB H VS2 from whiteflash. No regrets in the decisions I've made. Afterall, she fell in love with the setting. :loopy:

starrylight

Shiny_Rock
Afterall, she fell in love with the setting.

I think this is part of it for the general public. Most people fall in love with the setting, not specific diamonds. However, then you have pricescopers who fall in love with specific diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results