shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your plan for your pets if you get sick?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you get ill and have to go to the hospital, what is your plan for your pets? I’m trying to put together a rock solid plan for my pets if both my husband and I were to go to the hospital. The problem is, each plan I come up with has some sort of flaw. I’d love to hear everybody’s plans. Boarding is out of the question for me because one of my dogs is young and not altered yet.

Also, I heard on the news that if you get coronavirus, you should quarantine yourself from your pets! We have a plan for isolation. In this plan, anyone in our house who was sick would be completely removed from our pets.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spoke with my sister and she said she would take our 4 cats. But of course we are located a distance away and we would have to figure a way to get them to her.

If anything should happen to us permanently she is designated as their guardian.

We have neighbors here but with Covid 19 and my friends/neighbors allergies I am just not sure anyone would come into the apartment to care for them. Plus all our cats have behavioral issues and one of them needs meds twice a day and he is very skittish with anyone else (even with us) so I truly don't know what would happen to them.

We could not just leave food out because Oliver and Gracie would eat all of it. To the point of vomiting. They know no limits. No exaggeration and Tommy and Bobby would not get any food.

I have been worried about this from the beginning of Covid 19.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister is close enough to get my cat and I would gladly foster hers as well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I don’t have to worry about that anymore, but I’m pretty any of the Spinone owners round here would‘ve taken care of Dottie for us. She was such an easy sweet dog, absolutely no trouble at all.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent my spouse to the suburbs with his parents so he could come get Shale cat if I got sick.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat would probably be looked after by my next door neighbour, and my dog would probably go and stay with his dog walker.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind my pets, what will I do with the KIDS if both Mr T & I were to end up in hospital at the same time?!!!? This hadn't crossed my mind until I saw this thread! :-o

I’ll take them @Alex T !!!
At least If I could I would.

Parents? Siblings?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to think that 1 out of the 6 of us would be well enough at any given time to look after our 3 chihuahuas. They don't need much, and they are also crate trained if necessary. Boarding them would be hell on them.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neighbor first then if that didn't work out our son. I also bought enough dog food to last 2 months just in case I became too sick to shop. Online shopping for the dogs is sub par. I attempted twice and both times had issues.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll take them @Alex T !!!
At least If I could I would.

Parents? Siblings?

Siblings, definitely. Mother had heart surgery in March & is 75, Mr T's mum is 74 & lives 200 miles away, but both ruled out as anybody over 70 here are in complete isolation. No visits from grandchildren or families for over 2 weeks now - just a wave from the car as I've dropped food on her doorstep. I have 2 sisters & a brother close by, who all have plenty of spare bedrooms between them, so I'm sure it'll be fine if it came to that. Here's hoping it doesn't.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have no one
Even if we wernt in covid 19 lock down we said the other day if we both died no one would even know.
Hopefully the cats would nibble on us to survive, but that might make them harder to rehome

Tibby and Borris where both strays, Tibby was skin and bone when we started feeding him
they both have stranger danger

They are enough reason to not get sick and die

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have no one
Even if we wernt in covid 19 lock down we said the other day if we both died no one would even know.
Hopefully the cats would nibble on us to survive, but that might make them harder to rehome

Tibby and Borris where both strays, Tibby was skin and bone when we started feeding him
they both have stranger danger

They are enough reason to not get sick and die

Thank for the laugh. Please eat healthy, in case your cats ever have to nibble on you.
But I like your alternative ... staying well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results