shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your most expensive/valuable single piece of jewelry worth?

What is your most expensive/valuable piece of jewelry worth?

• <$1000

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • $1,000-5,000

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • $5,000-10,000

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • $10,000-20,000

Votes: 35 20.5%
  • $20,000-50,000

Votes: 52 30.4%
  • $50,000-100,000

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • $100,000-150,000

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • $150,000-250,000

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • $250,000-500,000

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • >$500,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I don't want to go here but if that is the case you might consider that center stone as a earth grown as they aren't sure if lab grown will ever hold the value even though you will probably never resell it. I know that if I got in a pinch I could sell my early grown diamond jewelry.
Meant with all due respect

With that thinking, I'd be better off putting a CZ in it and putting $20k away for the future. ;-) Thankfully, we have some significantly more liquid assets than jewelry if we find ourselves strapped for cash.

It does get me thinking though, if I paid $60k for a ring with an earth grown diamond in the ring with the specs I want, and later sell to recoup $30-40k under duress, I'd still be better off having gone the lab grown diamond route by spending $20-25k, even if I could not sell it, because saving and investing that extra $20-40k now will be worth significantly more in the future. So, this advice doesn't make sense for me, but thank you for sharing your thoughts all the same.

Love your earrings by the way, I'm glad you were finally able to get the pair you were dreaming of.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I bought my studs last year and the prices I see for the equivalent GIA 3X stones g/h SI. Are up $10000 from what I paid

My mothers ER 3.66 emerald $20000 more than my parents paid at the least
With that thinking, I'd be better off putting a CZ in it and putting $20k away for the future. ;-) Thankfully, we have some significantly more liquid assets than jewelry if we find ourselves strapped for cash.

It does get me thinking though, if I paid $60k for a ring with an earth grown diamond in the ring with the specs I want, and later sell to recoup $30-40k under duress, I'd still be better off having gone the lab grown diamond route by spending $20-25k, even if I could not sell it, because saving and investing that extra $20-40k now will be worth significantly more in the future. So, this advice doesn't make sense for me, but thank you for sharing your thoughts all the same.

Love your earrings by the way, I'm glad you were finally able to get the pair you were dreaming of.

à chacun son choix. Namaste

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2.3 I VS1 AVR ring in Victor Canera setting and my 3.2ctw H VS2 Whiteflash studs are worth about the same amount at this moment in time. I paid a little more for the ring in total than the studs because the diamond was bought when prices were high in 2013. So just reminding people that recent and current world events have caused this increase, and just like 10 years ago, they may slide back to a lower level again.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I have been thinking about my next diamond purchase and one of the factors to consider is how little I wear my most expensive jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results