Just a random amalgamation of my favorite delectable dishes :lickout:

- Crab leg dinner w/melted butter
- Tiramisu
- Key lime pie
- Chocolate turtle cheesecake
- Handmade artisanal pizza with prosciutto, pineapple, & mozzarella
- Filet mignon, cooked rare with twice baked potatoes & asparagus
- Tuna tartare
- Chicken tortilla soup with avocado, broken tortilla chips, cotija cheese, lime, & black beans
- A good cheddar broccoli soup with yummy homemade sour dough bread
- Green tea or Coffee ice cream
- Blue corn cheese enchiladas with hot green chile sauce, served with black beans, cotija cheese, & rice
- Real New England clam chowder
- Homemade sopapillas with fresh honey fed on mesquite bush
- Delicious cooked barbacoa with lime on flour tortillas
- My favorite fruits: pomegranate, mango, & lychee

Should I keep going?
Wow, I'm hungry now!

I made barbacoa for Christmas this year. I got the beef cheek from a local ranch. It was SO YUMMY! I always make tacos for Christmas, this made it super special. Your list looks delish. I wish I could cook half the things on here.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love food and am not picky in the slightest, so my answer is everything! But my favourites would be:

All fruit, especially mangoes
Roast lamb
Roast pumpkin
Broccolini
Cheese
Creme brulee
Baked cheesecake
Lemon tart
90% cocoa dark chocolate

Now I'm hungry!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most fruit, especially tropical fruit
Most vegetables
Many Vietnamese dishes
Steak, lamp chops, roast beef, roast stuffed quails, duck, practically any meat
Seafood, especially lobster
Good quality Ice cream
Italian, especially home made pasta
Japanese food
French food
Healthy Chinese food, think dim-sum, lamian noodles (alas, I am not really allowed gluten/wheat)
I love most noodles (rice, mung bean, wheat)
Mexican dishes that are cheese-free

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lightly breaded boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in the air fryer or convection oven. It tastes just like southern fried chicken without the extra calories. Probably my favorite thing to eat.

Butternut squash topped with cashews, butter and cinnamon sugar. I get to eat that on Thanksgiving.

Carrots sprinkled with dry ranch dip.

Garden peas picked fresh from the vine. These are like candy to me.

Shredded cabbage with green onions and tomatoes. I eat this about 4 x a week at least.

Then there is the list of foods that are forbidden, but I still dream about them. Canned ravioli, ramen noodles, mushroom risotto, breakfast sausages, breaded fried pork chops, homemade dumplings with gravy.

Reactions: ean

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
Poutine! Yes I’m Canadian

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rib eye steaks
Lobster
Crab legs my three favorite. I have been eating low carb, zero grains and sugar for a couple years but over the holidays I made the mistake of eating a few sugary treats. I have been struggling ever since....

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rib eye steaks
Lobster
Crab legs my three favorite. I have been eating low carb, zero grains and sugar for a couple years but over the holidays I made the mistake of eating a few sugary treats. I have been struggling ever since....

Hang in there...in the same situation and trying hard to wean off grains and bad carbs...

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Sushi and sashimi--favorite is spicy tuna rolls and crispy rice appetizer, which is a cube of sushi rice crisped in butter/oil on top of the stove and topped with spicy tuna mixture (you can add a slice of jalapeño).
Poke-have my favorite recipe.
Salmon with a nice sear and we add a little homemade compound lemon-dill butter.

DH and all the boys like:
Homemade ice cream. Favorites are Blueberry, vanilla, and our own made up version with chocolate chip cookie dough and crushed oreos. Also french vanilla with boozy swirls of Royal Crown Salted Vanilla.
I use Ben & Jerry's recipes for basic base and Blueberry.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Edit: WEuse an ancient Gaggia for making ice cream.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

And, the foods are are lovingly made by my family (Mother & sisters all excellent cooks) and taste delish. All good without the work!:P2 (well, maybe doing dishes....

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that I love cheese....every cheese except American cheese :) favorites are Brie and goat cheese.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add that I love cheese....every cheese except American cheese :) favorites are Brie and goat cheese.

Cheese! Don’t get me started!

I’m partial to, well, practically all of them! Not long ago my favorite discount grocery was carrying cambozola and a truffled Gouda. Yum yum yum!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, I loathe goat cheese! Brie, ok, yes--heated/melty, yum. But any goat cheese or feta just makes me gag! I don't know why. I want to love it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love steaks, lobsters, sea bass, fish with burre blanc sauce, pad thai, pizza, crabcakes, soups, cheesecake, salads, spaghetti squash, burgers, dark chocolate, breakfast pastry, pies, egg, breakfast sandwiches, spaghetti, icecream - yeah I'm sure there's more but that's all coming to mind currently.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 in winter I like to make coq au vin or boeuf bourguignon.

#2 In summer, New England lobster because I live in Boston and it's plentiful.

#3 Also grilled swordfish served over a bed of belgian endive sauteed with butter, a bit of sugar, lemon and chicken broth.

#4 Sous vide salmon served over cauliflower puree.

#5 easy no knead focaccia for dipping in #1

#6 a nice quiche for lunch with a simple green salad

#6 Chocolate, chocolate chip banana bread

dark chocolate Reese's cups and Dove dark chocolate

and a million more. I love good food and cook every night. It relaxes me.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Sushi
Walkers Salt & Vinegar crisps

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I loathe goat cheese! Brie, ok, yes--heated/melty, yum. But any goat cheese or feta just makes me gag! I don't know why. I want to love it!

Have you tried sleep cheese ?
( don't bother )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been enjoying butternut squash soup this winter. I love a good hearty soup when it is cold and blustery outside.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 7.01.18 AM.png
Not my pic but just for illustrative purposes.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Thursday night I had the most delicious fresh crab linguine with tomato & chilli sauce, topped with parmesan cheese & a glass of excellent vino - honesty every bite was heaven and I can’t stop thinking about it.... :love: I didn’t make it (I was at a restaurant) but now I’m thinking I need to start practicing!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3297D643-FC57-4893-8AAC-CA5885C490C9.jpeg

Puerto Rican food has always been a favorite of mine! I discovered a couple who cater meals in our town. I ordered last night, and it was delicious! Jibaritos (steak) with rice, tostones, maduros, and a couple of other treats. I have made these at home to varying levels of success. You’ve inspired me to maybe try again. :)

Attachments

• 9BB502E6-3023-49FD-9108-D973E51FB41E.jpeg
    9BB502E6-3023-49FD-9108-D973E51FB41E.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 20

ean

Brilliant_Rock
3297D643-FC57-4893-8AAC-CA5885C490C9.jpeg

Puerto Rican food has always been a favorite of mine! I discovered a couple who cater meals in our town. I ordered last night, and it was delicious! Jibaritos (steak) with rice, tostones, maduros, and a couple of other treats. I have made these at home to varying levels of success. You’ve inspired me to maybe try again. :)

This looks amazing!!! I need to try and make this at home.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I have been enjoying butternut squash soup this winter. I love a good hearty soup when it is cold and blustery outside.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 7.01.18 AM.png
Not my pic but just for illustrative purposes.

I love a good squash soup. Reminds me of this restaurant my mom and I would eat lunch at after buying school supplies. I’d order the salisbury steak and some squash soup. It was nice and comforting. Thanks for making me remember!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most fruit, especially tropical fruit
Most vegetables
Many Vietnamese dishes
Steak, lamp chops, roast beef, roast stuffed quails, duck, practically any meat
Seafood, especially lobster
Good quality Ice cream
Italian, especially home made pasta
Japanese food
French food
Healthy Chinese food, think dim-sum, lamian noodles (alas, I am not really allowed gluten/wheat)
I love most noodles (rice, mung bean, wheat)
Mexican dishes that are cheese-free

You're easy to feed!!!!

My favourite foods change all the time depending on my mood but I’ll name what comes immediately to mind:

- Ribeye steaks, cooked rare but with a really, really good crust
- roasted bacon brussel sprouts (one of my favourite side dishes)
- duck confit
- grilled salmon with lemon and dill
- garlic butter seafood in general (crab, lobster, prawns, snails, mussels - all of them are amazing with garlic butter)
- duck fat mushrooms
- tonkotsu ramen
- salmon sashimi
- butter chicken with garlic naan
- goan sausage curry (this is a current obsession, made with chorizo)
- Andhra chicken fry
- shorshe bhapa maach (steamed mustard fish. It’s a Bengali dish that is most popular in the form of bhapa ilish, which is made using a fatty local fish called hilsa which is really hard to find outside the region. Salmon works as a reasonable substitute but then you can’t call it bhapa ilish anymore, ilish is the Bengali name for hilsa)
- pulled pork tacos
- palak paneer

I’m running out of ideas now!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every morning. A large cold crunchy apple (either honey crisp or Fuji) with a ginormous cup of coffee. Starts every day right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results