shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite store bought/ national brand cookie??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:18:54 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 2/13/2009 6:59:53 PM
Author: coatimundi
I love Oreos and Girl Scout Thin Mints!! mmmmmmmm
18.gif

and Samoas--I could easily eat half a box in an afternoon.

Only half a box of Samoas in an afternoon? Please. I could eat the entire box in one sitting...and then I could eat a whole tube of Thin Mints, too!

Those are my absolute FAVORITE GS cookies! In fact, I just ordered 4 boxes of Samoas and 2 boxes of Thin Mints from my sister''s coworker! (Last year I did 4 Thin Mints and 2 Samoas but I realized I like Samoas more than Thin Mints so I switched it!)
Hey there missy! Step away from the GS cookies! You have a fabulous gown you need to stay sleek for! Put down that Thin Mint!
38.gif
3.gif

disney777

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:30:37 AM
Author: Bia
The Dunkers from Trader Joe''s. They have chocolate chip with chocolate swirls and oatmeal cranberry with vanilla swirls (something like that). Yum!
18.gif

=

Yes! the Oatmeal Cranberry dunkers! Also like the Pep Farm Geneva cookies and really miss the peanut butter Nassau cookie!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:03:28 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
For the Tim Tam lovers (to threadjack a little) do you recommend the original? The double chocolate? The caramel? Or all?

They are all good but I love the original best :)

kat6

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:15:03 AM
Author: Deelight
Kingstons, gingernuts, Byron bay cookie co, GF handmade jam drops they sell at the healthfood shop the list goes on.
I love Kingstons. Honey Jumbles too!

I like the cheese in a biscuit ones too... however I don''t buy them often as I have trouble stopping myself from eating the whole box in one sitting.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ladies tried the Whole Foods mini meringue cookies? OMG, the vanilla ones are fantastic. There are 17 per serving and 120 calories. They''re FAT FREE!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the hardest time remembering the name but ... MYSTIC MINT cookies!!!! They''ve apparently been discontinued which is a C-R-I-M-E. I may start an online petition to bring those suckers back ... but I can''t even find an image of the BOX to build a website around. Blerg.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:29:39 AM
Author: CrookedRock
I miss Mallomars... The ones with chocolate cake on the bottom and marshmallow covered with chocolate. Gross... I know!

I love those too! They sell a version still. I saw them yesterday at the store. Can''t remember the name. I do love a good old oreo. the triple ginger cookies from TJ''s are awesome. Mmmm...ginger.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:00:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 2/13/2009 8:29:39 AM
Author: CrookedRock
I miss Mallomars... The ones with chocolate cake on the bottom and marshmallow covered with chocolate. Gross... I know!

I love those too! They sell a version still. I saw them yesterday at the store. Can''t remember the name. I do love a good old oreo. the triple ginger cookies from TJ''s are awesome. Mmmm...ginger.
They sell them here. I love them!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t buy Milanos because I eat them too quickly
2.gif
. Ditto pecan sandies, especially the thumbprint kind with a dallop of frosting in the middle.

My latest love is Nyakers ginger cookies from Cost Plus Imports... yum!
18.gif
I cut my Nyakers teeth and cravings with one of the tins they sell during the Holidays... now one of the little packages will last me a week or so.

Oh, and when I''m at Cost Plus for a package of Nyakers, I usually look for a package of Haribot "Tropifrutti" gummy candies. I discovered those in Paris, and I was thrilled when Cost Plus started carrying it this year! I''m still in the "inhale" phase on this one though, so although it''s hard, I make it a point to get only one package at a time...
20.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the Nyakers the little flower shaped ginger wafers? If so, I LOVE them. They sell them here at the Christmas Tree Shop for like $1/box.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:05:37 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Tim Tams. Fortunately, difficult (if not impossible) to get in the States, for which my waistline is very grateful. (if you know how to get them, please don't tell me - its really better I don't know...)
2.gif
Alert for Tim Tams lovers in the US

AmberGretchen, I'm going to tell you how to get them, because even if you don't want to know, others might
2.gif

Pepperidge Farm is owned by Campbell's Soup who also owns Arnotts, makers of Tim Tams. Pepperidge is now importing Tim Tams during the cooler months (so chocolate doesn't melt during transport). I think this winter they are available in Targets in specific regions (not sure what the regions are ... but I could probably find out if you want). Next fall/winter/spring I believe they will be in Targets across the US.

And they're actually imported directly from Australia, the packaging is just changed to reflect Pepperidge. No formula changes at all, so they're the same cookies you know and love!

ETA: They're $3.39 per package from Pepperidge Farm

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:05:26 AM
Author: monarch64
I used to LOVE Keebler french vanilla sandwich cookies (they look like oreos but they''re white)...sadly, I don''t think they make them anymore because I haven''t been able to find them for years now. I also love their vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavored sugar wafer cookies! My favorite PF cookies are the ones that have a layer of chocolate and a sprinkling of nuts, I have no idea what they are called...I always filch them from the entertainment box my mother buys. Other than that I like the store-bought sugar cookies with like an inch of buttercream frosting and sprinkles, but very occasionally because once I have two bites I remember that they don''t taste as good as they look!
Monarch, those are the Geneva. I know way too much about this topic ... lol.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 1:20:49 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Are the Nyakers the little flower shaped ginger wafers? If so, I LOVE them. They sell them here at the Christmas Tree Shop for like $1/box.
Well, they are flower-shaped, but CP charges $2.99 a box (though the tins are a lot cheaper by comparison). Looks like I''ll have to find a Christmas Tree Shop!
3.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Girl Scout Thin Mints are my absolute favorite store bought/national brand, although I really try to resist buying them as much as possible
11.gif
I also keep Trader Joe''s cat cookies around for when my nieces visit and find myself nibbling on those tasty little cookies once in a blue.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 1:22:22 PM
Author: elrohwen

I used to LOVE Keebler french vanilla sandwich cookies (they look like oreos but they''re white)...sadly, I don''t think they make them anymore because I haven''t been able to find them for years now. I also love their vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavored sugar wafer cookies! My favorite PF cookies are the ones that have a layer of chocolate and a sprinkling of nuts, I have no idea what they are called...I always filch them from the entertainment box my mother buys. Other than that I like the store-bought sugar cookies with like an inch of buttercream frosting and sprinkles, but very occasionally because once I have two bites I remember that they don''t taste as good as they look!
*GULP* Um....now that I know what they''re called there will be no stopping me from finding them in their own little bag in the PF section. Curse you Elrohwen!!!!!
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:18:57 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 1:22:22 PM
Author: elrohwen

*GULP* Um....now that I know what they''re called there will be no stopping me from finding them in their own little bag in the PF section. Curse you Elrohwen!!!!!
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif
Haha, I''m glad I could enable
27.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oreos!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results