clarity

What is your favorite impulse food?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used to be a chocolate junky, but ever since I've been home on short term disability, all I crave are spicy and salty food. I got bags of Doritos by my bed, and asking DH to go bring me french fries counts as "special events". Actually, that's all I want for Valentine's Day!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This used to be my favorite impulse food...can you guess what this is?

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.29 AM.png

:lickout:

@missy, I made these today! (You posted the recipe a long time ago)
They are so delicious......
Thanks for the inspiration! IMG_20200227_182030.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I made these today! (You posted the recipe a long time ago)
They are so delicious......
Thanks for the inspiration! IMG_20200227_182030.jpg

Oh they look amazingly delicious :lickout: and oh so gorgeous too.:kiss2: Nicely done @stracci2000 and I'm so glad you love them. :appl:
Showed Greg and he approves!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I go to Trader Joe’s I always grab a couple Bibimbap bowls if they have them. The sodium content is obscene so I don’t use all the sauce but it’s so simple and satisfying...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new favorite impulse food I have been enjoying for the past few months. I recently added almonds back to my diet and so far so good though time will tell if I can continue eating it.

Almond butter. OMG so good. I cannot eat peanut butter and this is as good IMO! The consistency is the same as PB and the taste is similar to me. I love it.

I get the unsalted almond butter from Trader Joes. All that is in it is almonds.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 6.34.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 6.39.04 AM.png

Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone else love it?
I am eating it daily and it is becoming hard to control how much I eat lol.

Any new impulse foods being enjoyed by you guys lately?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trader Joes do delicious chilli dried mango :drool:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trader Joes do delicious chilli dried mango :drool:

Ooh I don't think we have tried that. I love the mango dip Costco has and the one you shared sounds amazing so next time we go to TJs I am going to search for it and buy it if they have it. Thanks @Austina!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be warned @missy, once you start eating it, you can’t stop! K always buys it for us when we’re there. :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be warned @missy, once you start eating it, you can’t stop! K always buys it for us when we’re there. :mrgreen:

Haha that is almost true for any TJ purchase that I enjoy. Maybe I just have poor impulse control? :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I just saw this brilliant thread!

Savoury: Spicy pork crackling

Sweet: Macadamia nut ice cream (I love it and when I eat it I wonder what pecan will taste like Missy!)

I might die never knowing what butter pecan ice cream tastes like!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I just saw this brilliant thread!

Savoury: Spicy pork crackling

Sweet: Macadamia nut ice cream (I love it and when I eat it I wonder what pecan will taste like Missy!)

I might die never knowing what butter pecan ice cream tastes like!

Oh my gosh re Macadamia nut ice cream. I have never had that flavor but now I must! I will request Jimmy make that for us. JK. I cannot ask him to do more for us than he already does but if I ever get the opportunity to have some I will! And you will love love love butter pecan. I wish I could send it to you through the screen. It is buttery pecanny good. Yummmmmmmmm. And one day I am hoping you can enjoy butter pecan with us in person! You will not die without knowing the pleasures of butter pecan ice cream!!! If I have anything to do with it!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Just thought of another impulse food 'cos my dh just called to ask if I wanted anything from our favorite grease pit diner.....I LOVE zucchini fries with diner ranch. I eat a large order as a MEAL! zucchini-fries.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
1602188193055.png
This. No other fried chicken in the entire world compares. I don't think people unfamiliar with authentic Sichuanese cuisine would have any idea about the flavor profile.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
1602188193055.png
This. No other fried chicken in the entire world compares. I don't think people unfamiliar with authentic Sichuanese cuisine would have any idea about the flavor profile.

We order this whenever we have Sichuan Food....usually there are more red chili peppers than chicken!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely keep any junk food in the house and I’m not super into chocolate so probably closest impulse food would be hot buttered Vegemite toast and a cup of tea.... bliss!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Snyder's pretzels. Oofffff.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Popcorn, though I probably should stop eating it for little while :cry2: my big trigger allergies will trigger the minor food ones which while minor are numerous...so thats been fun this week....

The good is that I can eat shelfish, thats never been a trigger for me...lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Popcorn, though I probably should stop eating it for little while :cry2: my big trigger allergies will trigger the minor food ones which while minor are numerous...so thats been fun this week....

Popcorn is my absolute weakness. But it is wrecking my gums/teeth. I actually took popcorn out of my grocery cart this week....and was SAD!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate, potato chips, cheesy popcorn, pringles, chocolate chips, Halloween candy, peanut butter toast, cinnamon toast...I try not to play favorites, it isn't healthy. :D

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Cape cod Kettle chips with sour cream onion dip, bouchard dark chocolate!

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
Original Cheetos, kettle chips dipped in Top the Tater, and pretty much anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter (Reese’s, Nutty Bars, more Reese’s.....)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stupid, but my favorite impulse stress food in the world. 3FFD2BAF-F8BA-4CFE-8725-56898175E750.jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twizzers and red vines. But this the season for my homemade apple crisp!!:evil2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twizzers and red vines. But this the season for my homemade apple crisp!!:evil2:

OMG that sounds so good!
As an aside I love Twizzlers and Red vines too and also enjoy black licorice and was surprised to find out the other week that it can be poisonous if consumed in too great a quantity! FYI for those who enjoy black licorice.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/food/story/black-licorice-sweetening-compound-bad-adults-73217430

Back to those homemade apple crisps. Please share when you bake them. I adore apple crisps and anything baked with apples. Yummmmm.

Some apple tarts my DH baked for Thanksgiving past.

appletartsnov2017.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stupid, but my favorite impulse stress food in the world. 3FFD2BAF-F8BA-4CFE-8725-56898175E750.jpeg

Not stupid. Who doesn't love powdered mini donuts? Yummm. I can taste the powdered sugar melting on my lips right now. Sweet. :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Original Cheetos, kettle chips dipped in Top the Tater, and pretty much anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter (Reese’s, Nutty Bars, more Reese’s.....)

Same! I am crazy for peanut butter and chocolate. Though it doesn't agree with me anymore so I substitute almond butter for the PB and so far so good. I purchased some almond butter chocolate treats from a vegan gluten free bakery and will let you know what I think once I have them. I have been saving them but I am not sure why. Delayed gratification perhaps or afraid of disappointment perhaps. Not sure which lol. Either way the anticipation is delightful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I probably shouldn't admit this but I eat popcorn every night. I am crazy for popcorn. With some sea salt. So good. Very satisfying. I love the crunch and how long it takes me to eat it too.

popcornbluebowl.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate, potato chips, cheesy popcorn, pringles, chocolate chips, Halloween candy, peanut butter toast, cinnamon toast...I try not to play favorites, it isn't healthy. :D

Haha love it. An equal opportunity impulse food lover. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results