shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite diamond of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 9:42:39 PM
Author: imthepreacherswife
Why thank you my dear! Those 2 are my babies! The pic is from last May when my oldest got married. My youngest cried more than all of us put together because she didn''t want to lose her sister, they are so close. I burst with pride, thanks for asking.
P.S. They are much more pleasant to look at than a pic of me...lol.
awwwww :*) and too late - some of us alreay saw the pic of you and you were more than pleasant to look at silly goose!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 12:21:15 AM
Author: Wink

Actually the one you are thinking of is a light blue diamond of .95cts. It is nice, and it is her other favorite. Colored diamonds are special to both of us...

Wink
yes! I''m sure I speak for everyone that we''d love to see these stones :)

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have two:

one is the Shah Diamond, an engraved Golconda diamond that dated to the 16th. century
Second is the Taj Mahal Diamond, also an engraved diamond in Elizabeth Taylor''s superb jewelry collection.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 7:43:24 AM
Author: DiaGem
I have two:

one is the Shah Diamond, an engraved Golconda diamond that dated to the 16th. century
Second is the Taj Mahal Diamond, also an engraved diamond in Elizabeth Taylor''s superb jewelry collection.
DG do you have pictures of these you could post?

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh,

I''m studying African Studies(I haven''t a drop in me, but I just fell in love with the subject), and I''m graduating in August, and then hopefully onto law school or grad school.

My screen name comes from one of my favorite shows, Sex and the City. I read in a magazine article once that the main character on the show was described as a fashionvictim, and I just liked it!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/4/2007 10:46:45 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/4/2007 7:43:24 AM
Author: DiaGem
I have two:

DG do you have pictures of these you could post?
Cehra, i am certain if you google both these diamonds by name, you will find some images...

let me know your opinion...

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Here a page with the image. I haven't cut and pasted it to respect the copyright ownership of the image.

http://www.diplomatrus.ru/page.php?dyear=2003&dmon=03&dpage=016&dlang=1

In writings the Shah Description was noted of being slightly tinged yellow.

I was under the impression that the Golconda diamonds were of the legendary "better than D color".

Since it is in Russia, if it is on display maybe Sergey will image in in Dia Calc. Now that would be neat to see with his new environment software imaging.

Rockdoc

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/4/2007 5:19:33 PM
Author: RockDoc
Here a page with the image. I haven''t cut and pasted it to respect the copyright ownership of the image.

http://www.diplomatrus.ru/page.php?dyear=2003&dmon=03&dpage=016&dlang=1

In writings the Shah Description was noted of being slightly tinged yellow.

I was under the impression that the Golconda diamonds were of the legendary ''better than D color''.

Since it is in Russia, if it is on display maybe Sergey will image in in Dia Calc. Now that would be neat to see with his new environment software imaging.

Rockdoc
Golconda is a region, there were numerous mines in that region.
Its true, colorless diamonds from those mines have a purer transperacy. but that transperacy exicted in most of the gem-material that came out of that region.
It is just clearer when you look at a colorless diamond, a trained eye in this field would probably notice it on the spot.

But since these diamonds were mined, you could imagine that the material that came out of there was from industrial grade diamonds to the most beautifull diamonds that are engraved in history like the Hope, Dresden green, the light blue Idols eye, and the pink Nur-Ul-Ain, etc. etc.

This is an interesting link to learn about these historic Diamonds, happy reading...http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/nur-ul-aindiamond.html

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Golconda is a region in India where several of the most famous diamonds in history were mined. The Hope & Kohinoor are two that come to mind.

jasper11

Rough_Rock
So many diamonds! So little time! hee
Since I was little I adored the heart pave'' diamond necklace that Elizabeth Montgomery had and wore on the TV show Bewitched. I''ve read that it''s white gold.

bewitched.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink,

I would die to see a pic of your wife''s blue diamond. Can you post one? I love blues.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2007 1:00:56 PM
Author: autumngems
Wink,

I would die to see a pic of your wife''s blue diamond. Can you post one? I love blues.
Please, I can not be responsible for your death...

Perhaps one day she will wear it here and I can photograph it for my gallery, but to date it has not been in front of the camera.

Wink

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps if you tell her it will save a poor woman''s life she will have you photograph it.

wildkardde

Rough_Rock
Ooo, hard choice. I would have to say the Hope or the Dresden Green. Also any diamond I might be lucky enough to own one day.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results