shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your earliest memory?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the thread I started a few days ago about what is the earliest news memory you have made me think about what is my very first memory. I would like to know what is your earliest memory of anything?

calvinandhobbesmemories.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very first memory of anything is sitting on cold hard marble during my aunt and uncle's wedding where I was the flower girl. I was just 3 years old. We were waiting for the ceremony to start and I was sitting on a cold hard marble feeling it on my bare legs wearing a super short frilly dress waiting to get up and walk down the aisle. My very next memory is walking down the aisle and hearing and seeing people ohh and aww as I walked down that aisle. I remember thinking eww stop looking at me everyone. :lol:

What is your first memory?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh this is much nicer than the other thread
it was so sad
i remember my 3rd birthday
grandma and grandad came for birthday tea
we never had huge birthday parties for toddlers when i was a kid
anyway i completly destroyed the cake with my hands so mum put the candles in the jelly and i destroyed that too !
so much fun !
i also remember playing with dad's doves in the kitchen of all places
my dad was in the magic circle and he used to keep a few doves way before my sister was born
and i remember the house getting rough cast (stucco) i was nude playing in the empty pond (mum and dad had a big fish pond for dad's model boats) with the hose on

all good memories

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My very first memory of anything is sitting on cold hard marble during my aunt and uncle's wedding where I was the flower girl. I was just 3 years old. We were waiting for the ceremony to start and I was sitting on a cold hard marble feeling it on my bare legs wearing a super short frilly dress waiting to get up and walk down the aisle. My very next memory is walking down the aisle and hearing and seeing people ohh and aww as I walked down that aisle. I remember thinking eww stop looking at me everyone. :lol:

What is your first memory?

i bet you were sooooooo cute !

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lived in an old two story house, with a window at the top of the stairs that looked out into the back yard. I was maybe 4?
I remember looking out of that window at my Fisher Price clock laying in the grass in the rain. I was worried that it was getting wet.

Recently, my sister found one of these at a thrift store and gave it to me....c. 1968
1591100490994.png

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first clear memory is posing for this photo in the lower branches of the willow tree in our back yard. I was just 3.5 years old.
I remember hamming it up for the camera and thinking how cool I looked. :lol:

Me posing in our willow tree at 3.5 yrs old.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha ok I just asked my mom for a photo. All faded. The dresses were yellow. Bright yellow.

87ECC2E3-55AC-4657-8D8A-3BCAA394506E.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Probably my McDonald's birthday party. I was 3, I think. I had a purple velvet dress with a big lace collar and white tights. I remember the outfit clearly.

My biological father actually came and I remember him yelling because someone dropped a hamburger, getting really mad and leaving. I also remember that he took the cake with him when he left.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha ok I just asked my mom for a photo. All faded. The dresses were yellow. Bright yellow.

87ECC2E3-55AC-4657-8D8A-3BCAA394506E.jpeg

Missy, your mom's hairdo is a delight! A real 1960s confection. She is gorgeous. And you and sis were darling!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first birthday. I received 2 teddy bears from my aunt - one small and white and one larger and brown. I was sitting in my high chair next to the window in our dining room. I remember nothing else from that day, but I remember that! :))

I don't know what happened to the white bear, but the brown bear was called Kippy. I had him for years and he sat on my bed every day till I was about 16. I dont know where he went in the end (I think he burst) - but oh! how I loved him!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Falling off the step and cracking my skull the first time I was 3
I remember the fall the thunk. blood everywhere then nada.
I still have a dent in my skull from it and the second time a year later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, what a gorgeous, glamorous family you have!

Aww thanks. My mom was just 27 in that pic. My dad was at his heaviest -mom is a good cook & they were blissfully happy. My grandma in that pic. She was so happy. I would love to go back to that time if only for a day to see it now through my wiser and older eyes. You never truly appreciate all the good when you’re so young.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was about 17 months old I think, at a kids Christmas party given by the company my Dad worked for. I remember clinging to that balloon for dear life :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dog running around my backyard (I was just about 2.5). When I told my Mom about it she was shocked, we only had the dog for about 2 weeks before she actually choked on something and died. She was a doberman and her name was Gertrude.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I remember my grandma letting me eating super sweet and yummy condensed milk out of a can with a big spoon. She also let me eat butter (margarine) from a tub! I was probably around 3 and she'd let me have anything I wanted because I was a bratty kid and would kick and scream if I didn't get what I wanted. My mom told me that grandma also boiled me a dozen hard-boiled eggs one day, which I ate between lunch and dinner....I don't remember that day though, my mom told me about the eggs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paula.jpg

I was about 17 months old I think, at a kids Christmas party given by the company my Dad worked for. I remember clinging to that balloon for dear life :lol:

Aww, precious!!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dog running around my backyard (I was just about 2.5). When I told my Mom about it she was shocked, we only had the dog for about 2 weeks before she actually choked on something and died. She was a doberman and her name was Gertrude.

I am so sorry :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Falling off the step and cracking my skull the first time I was 3
I remember the fall the thunk. blood everywhere then nada.
I still have a dent in my skull from it and the second time a year later.

Ugh that is not a great memory but I am glad you survived it. I also remember most of my klutzy accidents that I still bear the scars from...my dh says that's what shows we have lived an interesting life. All our physical scars.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first birthday. I received 2 teddy bears from my aunt - one small and white and one larger and brown. I was sitting in my high chair next to the window in our dining room. I remember nothing else from that day, but I remember that! :))

I don't know what happened to the white bear, but the brown bear was called Kippy. I had him for years and he sat on my bed every day till I was about 16. I dont know where he went in the end (I think he burst) - but oh! how I loved him!

Oh I love these memories. I too have some wonderful stuffed animal memories. I don't remember how old I was but my aunt and uncle bought me a bigger than me stuffed blue elephant. I loved that elephant and my parents had to take him away from me years later when he was all torn and tattered with no more hope of repair. I loved him so. It was traumatic when he was taken away :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably my McDonald's birthday party. I was 3, I think. I had a purple velvet dress with a big lace collar and white tights. I remember the outfit clearly.

My biological father actually came and I remember him yelling because someone dropped a hamburger, getting really mad and leaving. I also remember that he took the cake with him when he left.

Love a beautiful purple velvet dress with white tights. Haha I can picture it now.
I am sorry your biological dad took your birthday cake though :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first clear memory is posing for this photo in the lower branches of the willow tree in our back yard. I was just 3.5 years old.
I remember hamming it up for the camera and thinking how cool I looked. :lol:

Me posing in our willow tree at 3.5 yrs old.jpeg

You do look super cool here. Love it.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lived in an old two story house, with a window at the top of the stairs that looked out into the back yard. I was maybe 4?
I remember looking out of that window at my Fisher Price clock laying in the grass in the rain. I was worried that it was getting wet.

Recently, my sister found one of these at a thrift store and gave it to me....c. 1968
1591100490994.png

I had one of these too. What great toys we had. One of my favorites was a car my dad got us from FAO Shwartz when I was about 4. It was actually drivable. It had a motor. It was very cool and all the kids on the block wanted to go for a ride in it. I was very popular as you can imagine being one of the first to have that car.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh this is much nicer than the other thread
it was so sad
i remember my 3rd birthday
grandma and grandad came for birthday tea
we never had huge birthday parties for toddlers when i was a kid
anyway i completly destroyed the cake with my hands so mum put the candles in the jelly and i destroyed that too !
so much fun !
i also remember playing with dad's doves in the kitchen of all places
my dad was in the magic circle and he used to keep a few doves way before my sister was born
and i remember the house getting rough cast (stucco) i was nude playing in the empty pond (mum and dad had a big fish pond for dad's model boats) with the hose on

all good memories

What a wonderful loving memory. Delightful party and wonderful family. LOL to playing nude in the pond. All good memories indeed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember my grandma letting me eating super sweet and yummy condensed milk out of a can with a big spoon. She also let me eat butter (margarine) from a tub! I was probably around 3 and she'd let me have anything I wanted because I was a bratty kid and would kick and scream if I didn't get what I wanted. My mom told me that grandma also boiled me a dozen hard-boiled eggs one day, which I ate between lunch and dinner....I don't remember that day though, my mom told me about the eggs.

Haha you remind me of my niece Bethany. I remember when she was about 3 and it was NYE and she sat herself down and helped herself to the shrimp on the table. And proceeded to eat dozens of them. LOL it was quite a sight to behold. Skinny Bethany but with a very healthy appetite. I am laughing remembering that scene because her dad said wow look at her pack it away (she was a distance from us as we were on the couch and she was at the dining room table) she looked at him and ran over there and started hitting him while crying and screaming. Apparently she didn't like that comment. :lol:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I remember sitting across the kitchen table in my grandmother‘s house talking to her and asking her if she had a real name. She told me her name was Pearl. I didn’t think that was a real name. She died before my fourth birthday so I am assuming I was three.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea how old I was but I was definitely a toddler. I was at the doctors with my mom and I had on a dress and the cutest little tights with hearts on them. Anyway, at some point during the appointment, I found out that I needed to get a shot...in my bottom. I started crying and screaming and I held those little tights above my waist with every ounce of strength I possessed. I can remember the complete disbelief and indignation I felt when the doctor stabbed me right through those tights and into my bum. :lol:

ETA: I’m starting to see where my lifelong fear of needles came from. :lol-2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, that was a dick move on his part. As someone with plenty of family drama, I feel for 3 year old Elizat. Still, I wish you had a picture of your purple dress. It sounds like it really made an impression on you (as any great outfit should). :D

I wanted to “like“ your post but it was sad so I couldn’t. I’m glad your memory was of the good parts.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ugh that is not a great memory but I am glad you survived it. I also remember most of my klutzy accidents that I still bear the scars from...my dh says that's what shows we have lived an interesting life. All our physical scars.
Ah yes he is right.
About a year later I fell again and hit it in about the same spot and cracked it again. I still have an indent in my skull from it as well as a large scar and a smaller one, the other scar is visible if I'm tanned but not so much otherwise.
scar.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results