shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your biggest incompatibility with your spouse/SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:43:52 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
I think we have 3 main incompatibilities, all of which I wish I had his qualities!

1) He works out 4-5 days per week and is in AMAZING shape, whereas I only ''exercise'' when I am walking to Starbucks
9.gif

2) I tend to just throw my stuff down and kick off my shoes at the end of a long day and leave them there whereas he is tidy and always puts things away! I feel bad when it bothers him so much he actually starts cleaning up after me at my place...

3) He is very very conscious about accounting and saves all his receipts, which I have heard is a sign of a very responsible man handling his finances.. whereas I only keep receipts if I am planning on returning something!

Like I said... in all 3 of these areas, I wish I was more like him
30.gif

Did you steal my DH? Same thing, only he doesn''t work out, he''s just naturally in super-amazing shape. Loser. I keep getting worse looking and he keeps improving!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our biggest difference is that I''m a rules and boundaries person and he''s an anything goes guy. Life is often quite messy because of that.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Cravings.
He does not understand my cravings for sugar and food that is bad for you. I was raised eating lots of sugar and processed food, and sometimes I just crave it! He was raised not eating sugary cereals, salad with dinner every night. Yesterday I woke up craving corn dogs and he would not let me buy any, oh it sucked so much.
Also presents, I don''t think he understands how much it means to me to get someone a present that I think they''ll really enjoy. I love love love it when somebody does enjoy the present that I thought would be perfect for them.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my husband is an avid final fantasy player....avid, if i could do anything about it...either he wouldn''t love it or i would.

as it stands we have a pretty decent compromise on it. when i tell him to give it up for the night, he does, lol.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha.... I love all of these.... They make me feel "normal". Too many funny ones to even comment on!

I''m controlling. That about sums it up. And when I can''t control things in the "real world" or at school, I come home and take it all out on FI. It''s a daily effort to stop word vomit and to take a chill pill and just remember that stressing over "little things" just isn''t worth it.

FI is laid-back beyond belief. He''s not indifferent, per say, but just... RELAXED.

My parents have a little plaque thing that has been on their bedroom wall since I can remember: "The 5 rules of marriage"

I don''t remember them all, but there are two that I love.
1) Your partner is always right
2) Always be the first to apologize

Of course, with major incompatabilities or problems in one''s life/relationship, those rules won''t solve anything. True problems need to be talked out.... But for the day-to-day bickering and occasional nasty comment or "Why can''t you put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher instead of leaving them on the counter!?", the rules work miracles
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 6:21:13 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
my husband is an avid final fantasy player....avid, if i could do anything about it...either he wouldn''t love it or i would.

as it stands we have a pretty decent compromise on it. when i tell him to give it up for the night, he does, lol.
I grew up with two heavy gamers for brothers, and I have to say that that is a great accomplishment!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 4:06:18 PM
Author: pinkstars
Cravings.

He does not understand my cravings for sugar and food that is bad for you. I was raised eating lots of sugar and processed food, and sometimes I just crave it! He was raised not eating sugary cereals, salad with dinner every night. Yesterday I woke up craving corn dogs and he would not let me buy any, oh it sucked so much.

Also presents, I don''t think he understands how much it means to me to get someone a present that I think they''ll really enjoy. I love love love it when somebody does enjoy the present that I thought would be perfect for them.
Oh no!! That''s rough. My cravings are non-negotiable, luckily my husband thinks it''s "cute." Let''s see how long that lasts if/when I''m preggo
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 9:21:21 AM
Author: nytemist
I like things neat and clean, he does not. This is the biggest issue.
At least you have one neat person. We''re both clean, but messy (if that makes sense - cluttered but not DIRTY). I feel like every couple needs one neat and tidy person to make sure the house/apartment isn''t a MESS like ours tends to be. I have to fight with myself to keep it acceptable for visitors
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:14:43 PM
Author: musey

At least you have one neat person. We''re both clean, but messy (if that makes sense - cluttered but not DIRTY). I feel like every couple needs one neat and tidy person to make sure the house/apartment isn''t a MESS like ours tends to be. I have to fight with myself to keep it acceptable for visitors
3.gif

Hehe musey - I''m totally the same way, I''m borderline compulsive about CLEAN, but not as big on neat. Fortunately my DH is compulsively neat. We''ve both had to relax a little bit to meet in the middle, but it mostly works out well
3.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI is into bodybuilding- He goes to the gym four 2 hours a day, spends hundreds of dollars on proteins and supplements, and eats the most boring, bland food constantly.

I''m a little on the curvey side- I LOVE food, I rarely exercise and I''d rather spend that money on going out or clothes.

Oh well.. atleast he has an awseome bod
31.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
He likes chex 3 times a day and I would like chex 4 times a day

31.gif
3.gif
16.gif
Is that even possible?

Maybe that''s just the clock ticking??? Idunno?
33.gif

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:44:25 PM
Author: Kaleigh
The Thermostat. I want it hot, he wants it cold. He wants it warmer I want it colder.

The windows in the car. He wants them down, I want them up. Fine, have your''s down,. but stop controlling my window...

Food. He''s always trying to steal food from my plate when we are out. He''s gotten forked a time or two!!!
11.gif

Can you tell I am a tad bit peeved at Mr. Kaleigh???
3.gif
LOL!!!! I can totally relate. I feel like I''m married to the same person...and that''s why I need BIG diamonds!!!
31.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:11:50 PM
Date: 4/22/2009 4:06:18 PM

Author: pinkstars

Cravings.

Oh no!! That''s rough. My cravings are non-negotiable, luckily my husband thinks it''s ''cute.'' Let''s see how long that lasts if/when I''m preggo
3.gif

You are so lucky! I wish I got my BF to think cravings were cute!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:26:18 PM
Author: SparklyLibra

31.gif
3.gif
16.gif
Is that even possible?

33.gif
It took me awhile to realize that that you were NOT talking about cereal.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:10:54 PM

31.gif
3.gif
16.gif
Is that even possible?

33.gif

LOL! I saw that and thought "I love Rice Chex, but three or four bowls a day?"
41.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
He thinks I should share my chocolate.
And I don''t.

But, I''m learning.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 5:10:39 PM
Author: TheBigT
He thinks I should share my chocolate.

And I don''t.

But, I''m learning.

Bwahahah.

FF has already learned to keep his hands off my chocolate!
38.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:10:54 PM

31.gif
3.gif
16.gif
Is that even possible?

33.gif

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
27.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:14:43 PM

3.gif
omg Musey, that is my BF and I exactly!!
3.gif

As far as incompatibility goes, I''d say our biggest is sleep/snoring. He goes from fully awake and talking to REM sleep/dead of winter hibernation/snoring like there''s no tomorrow so quick it makes my head spin. I tend to take a while to fall asleep, and am the world''s lightest sleeper. Some nights he''ll notice that I''m having an especially hard time falling asleep and tries to commiserate, saying "Oh, I know, I can''t seem to fall asleep either." I nod and smile while screaming in my head "Oh really?? Because you were already SNORING!!"
37.gif

9.gif
I try not to tell him though, because he feels so terrible. I just think hey, he''s blessed, I want him to enjoy his super-human sleeping powers LOL
5.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I inherited the clean obsession from my dad. He used to use a pressure steam cleaner to clean his TOOLS. I''m not as bad as he was, but I living with dh has made a little crazy since he has cats. I have to wipe the counters and pots before cooking to removed cat hair, I wash my hands about 10 times while at home and inspect the dishes before putting them away. I limit the cats being on the bed since they track litter into the sheets.

I like having things neat since we both have so much stuff. I''m a firm believer in the saying ''if everything has it''s place, you know where to find it''. My desk and paperwork is in near military order. Meanwhile, husband will search frantically through a pile of paperwork for a bill he needs to pay. My CD''s are in alphabetical order (about 1000), but he will have to pull out piles of his off the shelves (about 2000) to find the album he wants to listen to. I don''t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results