Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Over $100K

Votes: 85 32.4%
  • Over $250K

Votes: 41 15.6%

• Total voters

-Bella-

Rough_Rock
I make zilch, so like some of you other ladies my hubby brings home ze bacon ;-) And thank god for that because that means this fat students butt can do her assignments till her hearts content (HEAR the sarcasm in that!?) So i get my Bachelor's and then i will be getting my Master's and then hell i might as well go back and get my medicine degree and go the whole hog within the health industry :lol: I'm sure ill get over working sooner rather than later when i finish my degree next yr.So likely income for a while will most deffintley be under the $30K for two more years :D

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
oops_i entered our combined salary bc when you are married this long, well at least for us, we consider it our salary :-0

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
sWe own our own business so together $70 but our debt for business is 6x that and three kids in college and I just got my teaching certification at 50. So money is relative

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Whoo hoo! I just jumped a category! Got a 40% raise with my new position :naughty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
N/M - was going to add something, but then decided against it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hah I have a salary now, so I voted. :praise:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1390437341|3599032 said:
Whoo hoo! I just jumped a category! Got a 40% raise with my new position :naughty:
WOW!, 40%?,Congrats!.. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes i do fall into the category of having "ridiculous expectations" and people like me should "know better". Yet here I am loving beautiful sparklies. But after having that judgment handed down from that poster, I feel that I need to stand up and be counted in this poll. Yup, I make good money, and ignorant, pompous, conceited and morally superior people will not affect how I live my life and view my priorities. Rock on PSERS!! :appl: :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1390445736|3599146 said:
Yes i do fall into the category of having "ridiculous expectations" and people like me should "know better". Yet here I am loving beautiful sparklies. But after having that judgment handed down from that poster, I feel that I need to stand up and be counted in this poll. Yup, I make good money, and ignorant, pompous, conceited and morally superior people will not affect how I live my life and view my priorities. Rock on PSERS!! :appl: :appl:

Amen to that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling I missed a post! But I agree, what I spend my extra money on is no one else's business!

Incidentally, I did vote household income since that is the money I spend! :lol:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1390444140|3599125 said:
manderz|1390437341|3599032 said:
WOW!, 40%?,Congrats!.. :appl:

Thanks! I'm super pumped that I finally finished my degree and landed my new job. It's not a testament to how great the raise was, but to how low my salary was before.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did we ever find out the OP's annual salary?? :$$):

We fabulously wealthy women are always on the lookout for fabulously wealthy guys to pal around with - that is, go diamond shopping with. :appl:
and another pressing question - why is there an emoticon with rodent teeth? :rodent:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1390610637|3600683 said:
Did we ever find out the OP's annual salary?? :$$):
ZERO!...he's still searching for a "sugar mama"

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just participated in this survey. I make extremely well for a female...especially in my area of the South. But it's because I am an NP. I also have the opportunity to work extra when and if I need $ for BLING ;))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Zero at the moment (laid off).

Ya can't eat diamonds...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
50% are raking in $100k+, So many rich women on PS ...who's available ??.. :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For the ladies, if you want to calculate your salary for staying at home, you can "bill" the following per hour or event. This is approximate, and your gross pay (before tax) in a suburb of a major city (not NYC, which would be higher). You are giving value to your family, but you are unpaid. That does not mean that your work does not have a value. Feel free to calculate your salary. I know the intent of this thread was not about this, but I see too many ladies being discouraged. I go to work at an office for a living, so I am keenly aware of what it costs to hire someone to do these things.

Childcare (including driving of children)
1 child $15
2 children $18
3 children $21
4+ children $25

Personal assistant type stuff (errands, organizing, typing, paying bills etc)
$15/hr

General housework (folding laundry, organizing, dishes)
$10/hr

Cleaning entire house (2000 sq. foot house)
$250 for 1 event of thorough cleaning (i.e. Spring Cleaning)
$100 for 1 event of maintenance cleaning

Personal Chef (including shopping, cooking, cleaning):
$15-20/hr for everyday food
$30-40/hr for gourmet quality food

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bump :P2

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I've not answered yet. I'm holding out for a bit, for two reasons.

1.) I'll be finishing my degree in one week. That may have a minor effect on my current salary, though probably not enough to make me change category.

2.) The Not For Profit agency I work for applied for a grant recently, that would open up a couple of new positions that are pretty well-paying, compared to where I am now. We'll find out in the very beginning of Sept., and I can apply shortly after that, and feel like I've got a great chance, as I've been speaking with the department for months abut it.

I got my master's back in December of last year and it made zero effect on my salary :/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my master's back in December of last year and it made zero effect on my salary :/
Where I used to work they said they'd bump me up a pay grade, so a few thousand.

By the time I passed they said they could offer me £400.

Yeah, thanks.

I left and got something like a 70% pay rise :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
inpolite questions in NZ ;)2
how much money do you make ?
who do you vote for ?
do you beleave in God ?
what did your car cost ?
what did your house cost ?

what's the specs on your bling ? ;)2

i have always had friends who earn more than me, live in nicer parts of town, who vote labour and who don't beleave in God and everybody i know spells better than me :(
sometimes i wish they would shut the hell up though :lol:

actually normally id answer but im not working at the moment and to convert that to US dollars would be even more depressing :cry2:
i am a career shop assistant and ive always managed to earn above the min wage somehow

i have to save for all and any extras i want but i like to be genuingly happy for the good fortune and the fruits of other people's labour

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live on investments so I have no income :) wait I have 2 measley pensions and a get SSA which amounts to 20K a year :) so my income is 20K a year and hubsters? I think is SSA is 10K a year so we are loaded at 30K a year..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live on investments so I have no income :) wait I have 2 measley pensions and a get SSA which amounts to 20K a year :) so my income is 20K a year and hubsters? I think is SSA is 10K a year so we are loaded at 30K a year..
All liberals are loaded :$$): :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Are we talking about just base salary or with bonuses, car allowance, profit sharing, stock awards etc?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My annual salary now is zero.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

So, this is hitting home. My other half works full time and is enrolled in an executive MBA program..he has one year left. His professors are urging him to transfer the doctorate of business administration. You don't need the MBA first. He is doing it if he's accepted. I don't know if an MBA v dba is that big of a difference for future salary. He says it is and all his professors that also have businesses say it does. I hope they are right.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this is hitting home. My other half works full time and is enrolled in an executive MBA program..he has one year left. His professors are urging him to transfer the doctorate of business administration. You don't need the MBA first. He is doing it if he's accepted. I don't know if an MBA v dba is that big of a difference for future salary. He says it is and all his professors that also have businesses say it does. I hope they are right.

I am prefacing this with the fact I know nothing about a doctorate of BA so this might not pertain to your other half. Just thinking aloud about an MBA in general. I think an MBA can be incredibly useful and one can use that as a jumping board to other things in the future. My dh got an MBA before his JD and I know he has found it very helpful and in fact for a few years he stopped working in his field and used his MBA to work in another. An MBA can be useful depending on future plans. Sometimes we don't know what the future holds and having that MBA can allow one to do other things.

Sounds like your SO has it covered either way though. I don't think he can go wrong with either or both.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope so!

He wants to do it and he is using his GI bill to pay for it. He enlisted in the Army when he already had his bachelor's.

It's funny, I have a JD and practice (I can't really imagine another career at this point), but I know that degree is touted as one you can do anything with, but I don't think it's as broad based as they sell.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope so!

He wants to do it and he is using his GI bill to pay for it. He enlisted in the Army when he already had his bachelor's.

It's funny, I have a JD and practice (I can't really imagine another career at this point), but I know that degree is touted as one you can do anything with, but I don't think it's as broad based as they sell.

It's funny I would have agreed with you a few decades ago but seeing how my dh put it to use is nothing short of amazing. He was able to take on a whole new career and enjoy it for a few years before he went back into his field. And I also think he uses it in his current career. I don't have an MBA but I do think it has value beyond the degree if you kwim.

Wishing you and your SO the best of luck. You guys have this and no matter what I know you will do very well.

How great that your SO is using his GI bill to pay for his education. That is wonderful! And please thank him for his service to our country.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results