• Over $100K

Votes: 85 32.4%
  • Over $250K

Votes: 41 15.6%

• Total voters

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The poll is closed as it's been over 5 years. I would suggest starting a new thread, posting a link to this one, and asking for a new fresh set of data.

It would be interesting to compare 2013 to 2019. Cost of living has increased tremendously, but I wonder if salaries have.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poll is closed as it's been over 5 years. I would suggest starting a new thread, posting a link to this one, and asking for a new fresh set of data.

It would be interesting to compare 2013 to 2019. Cost of living has increased tremendously, but I wonder if salaries have.
I can still vote, it says??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are we talking about just base salary or with bonuses, car allowance, profit sharing, stock awards etc?
you mean there are extras ???
=)2
no, i mean serously good for you =)2

the close ive ever got to extras is once i had a job as the manager's right hand woman and i got a car park.
ive never even had a Christmas bonus

(i used to bike to work so the wife of the shop next door used to use it)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my regular salary as a psychologist working in my own business in dispute resolution (one of the most lucrative arms of psychology as you charge per client, and dispute res pretty much always involves multiple clients, often corporate or govt) when we moved from Australia to England and then on to the US. I had 2 undergrad degrees and 2 masters and had been invited to do a PhD at Harvard. But when we moved, I gave it all away and started writing books, which I much prefer - young adult fantasy fiction. I make *some* money from it, but since there's about 8 wealthy novelists in the entire world, it's no surprise to any of us that I'm not one of them.

We made a conscious decision to chase my husband's career, as I really did want to write, and his career was the more lucrative which would take us right around the world. We haven't regretted it, and now I get to work in my jammies with my dogs every day while he brings home the dollars. At 59, I do miss the workforce every so often, but I also get to live in a world of my own creation these days, which I love, and I love what I do. I'm also 'pens down!' from Thanksgiving to early January, when I throw myself full time into the festive season, and my home becomes a winter wonderland of twinkle, gifts and warm baking smells!

And somehow I seem to have wandered away from the topic a little - sorry!

Suffice to say, I earn not much, tho I used to, and my DH now does all the heavy lifting, God bless him!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I used to make a lot more but my husband retired in 2010 and I only work part time. Currently I work WIP which is a weekend program. I work three weekends and I’m off every fourth weekend. I get close to two weeks off during my weekend off time and I Iove it! No more hoping I can get two weeks off during the summer (if the more senior people haven’t taken everything). I get my four weeks and I can always switch weekends to get more weeks off in a row.
I also can’t complain about making less bc I am not stressed like I used to be and I can always work more if need be. If I need more bling money, the opportunities are there.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I used to make a lot more but my husband retired in 2010 and I only work part time. Currently I work WIP which is a weekend program. I work three weekends and I’m off every fourth weekend. I get close to two weeks off during my weekend off time and I Iove it! No more hoping I can get two weeks off during the summer (if the more senior people haven’t taken everything). I get my four weeks and I can always switch weekends to get more weeks off in a row.
I also can’t complain about making less bc I am not stressed like I used to be and I can always work more if need be. If I need more bling money, the opportunities are there.

*That* sounds like a life! Sounds wonderful. :))

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My question when looking at the data is, is the income from 2 people? It makes a difference, just as base income and bonuses would also be something I would want to see. I do not think cars, medical should not be included. And a new poll, DF, might be nice.

Annette
Before the financial crisis I was very happy with my retirement income. I lost more than half because interest rates dropped and stocks fell. I am just beginning to recoup, and now interest rates are probably going to fall again. I just today added up my income. Inch by inch it may return.

Annette

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
you mean there are extras ???
=)2
no, i mean serously good for you =)2

the close ive ever got to extras is once i had a job as the manager's right hand woman and i got a car park.
ive never even had a Christmas bonus

(i used to bike to work so the wife of the shop next door used to use it)
I really like you @Daisys and Diamonds... You are a breath of fresh air...I’m so happy you joined PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results