shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your 2004 "diamond" goal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
kayla: It never hurts to ask
9.gif

I ask my husband for goodies all the time, "I would like a new eternity band please" or "I would like a yellow diamond please". Does that mean I get them? nah
14.gif
I just figure it's good for him to know exactly what I want just so he has it in his head somewhere for reference later.
2.gif

Don't worry, that road goes both ways in my household. My husband has made sure that I know exactly what he wants. He's very difficult to shop for (SO PICKY!!) so I'm happy he gives me obvious hints.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My next diamond goal is a 3/4 to 1 carat H&A pendant. Not sure yet if I want half-bezel or prongs. But, I will probably not be making any big jewelry purchases in 2004. We still need to remodel our kitchen and do landscaping, and we have monthly payments for the pricey little convertible we treated ourselves to last summer.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
My 2004 goal is a 1.5 ct I3 O. I like depths over 70% and multiple eye visible inclusions.

What do you think of this diamond? Here the seller guarantees his clarity not to be more than 1 clarity grade off.

1.44 G I3, 71% depth RB

Do you think I have a chance of outbidding these 12 other people!!??

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, no diamonds for me this year. I already got a new diamond ring for my 1 year and we've planned two trips this year. I think we'll have to wait until next year or maybe for our 5 year anniversary. Maybe a pair of Regent earrings or a larger OMC ring. Or, on the non-diamond side, my demantoid ring.

godiva

Rough_Rock
My 2004 goal is to purchase an engagement ring. I'm having the hardest time finding the "perfect setting". My girlfriend has a setting that I would love. I saw another ring on TV "The Perfect Proposal" with the "perfect setting". But I don't know where they are finding them!!!
sad.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I would love a pair of pear shaped diamond dangle leverbacks (1cttw) to go with the 1/2ct pear shaped diamond pendant my husband has bought me for my birthday. I just may get them for my wedding anniversary in August.

After that, I'm not really fussy. I'd quite like a bar set diamond full eternity ring (approx 1.5cttw) or failing that a 0.90 to 1ct well cut diamond (it doesn't have to be a H&A or ideal cut, as long as it sparkles like crazy) in an 18ct yellow gold royal crown type setting.

I'd be a happy bunny then.
naughty.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my new pendant. 0.45 ct E/SI1 (GIA)

Pretty isn't it? Now to find a pair of earrings to go with it.

PearPendant.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
This is the sort of full eternity ring I'd like. Not too big a total caract weight as I don't find the really thick full set rings comfortable.

eternity-11.jpg

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Well, it looks like I'm going back to school for my Ph.D., so no diamonds for me. Unless of course my parents come through with the diamond studs
3.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!, sxn675!!!!

win

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 6:37:46 PM winyan wrote:

CONGRATS!, sxn675!!!!

win
----------------

Thanks!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 12:07:27 PM sxn675 wrote:

Well, it looks like I'm going back to school for my Ph.D., so no diamonds for me. Unless of course my parents come through with the diamond studs
3.gif
----------------

Which field?

Michelle

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
My goal is a 3.05-3.10ct L color, VS1-VS2 super-ideal cut RB.
Paul-Antwerp is cutting it for me now.
Can't wait !!!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! Is this the !st guy answering in this thread????
9.gif

hahaha...

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
The e-ring was a goal that I met recently. It's a 1.28 RB H&A H Si1 solitare in a 6 prong Tiffany setting. I'm waiting for it to arrive so I don't have pics to upload yet.

Next on the list, maybe a 7 or 10 stone ring for my wedding ring. The ACA melees look great. I love how Leota's 5 stone turned out. I have to try some on to see how it might look on my short, wide fingers and how it goes w/ the e-ring.

Anyway, I get a lot of inspiration from the posts I see here. I have some time to allow the ideas to percolate in my head.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
appl.gif
Hey SXN675!

Congratulations! I think diamond studs are well deserved for this accomplishment. Bravo!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys! It's a Ph.D. in Information Studies. But, I'm still waiting to hear from some other places, so I guess we will see.

Iceprincess, I think a 5 or 7 stone band would look great with your ering. I have one and it looks very nice. But, the diamonds were rubbing into the prongs, so I now wear that band on my right hand and have a small eternity band as my wedding ring. So, make sure to check that out....

toleong

Rough_Rock
I have already reached one of my diamond goals for 2004 - diamond studs 1.2 ctw.

I would love to get a half bezel diamond bracelet as well. Husband has said that if I get the bracelet then no vacations this year.
10.gif
So guess I will hold this off until next year...

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fun thread, Oh the dreaming! I have to admit I'm lucky enough that one item is crossed of my '04 list and should be around my neck by Saturday, my 1st anniversary! I'm getting an 18K "diamonds by the yard" type necklace, it's only .32pts but I'm thrilled.

I was tossing around the idea of having one made with some diamonds I have but now I can have that anniversary band made. It'll be platinum with 7 (.25pt each) stones shared prongs low set with a european shank.

Later in the year I hope to have earring jackets made to attach a 1.5" dangle chain w/ bezel set diamond from my diamond studs so I can have two looks.

Those are my priorities this year for jewelry basics.
appl.gif

bd_1.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My 2004 goal is to have A diamond, (my e-ring), and something other than my mom's old jewelry to call my own...

I make good money, but sadly until now I have spent my money on shoes and clothes until I found DIAMONDS... I anticipate a reduction ins wardrobe and an increase in bling this year...
9.gif

shopsalott

Rough_Rock
I would like to have a pear shape pendant, ala Bagpuss, And, finally put my diamond back in my original engagement setting (currently holds a sim) and have a wedding band made to match with princess or baguettes, channel set along the top.

ringside zx.jpg

sirene

Rough_Rock
Ah, I don't really have goals, just diamond dreams
1.gif
. I would love to get a OMC like Hest's, but just don't have the $$$ right now. But I can't be too sad--I'm waiting for my new diamond eternity band to arrive!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
sirene, I love your avatar!
9.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since joining PS, I have been dreaming of purchasing diamonds left and right!

I do have some diamond goals for 2004 though.

1) 1.0 TW Diamond studs
2) .50 TW pendant that doesn't flip
3) Diamond dangle leverback earrings

I think my pinky ring will have to wait!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies, out of curiosity, did any of you fulfill your diamond goals yet??
naughty.gif
appl.gif
naughty.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My goal has totally changed--no studs and a re-route of the layaway funds towards something esle more "practical."
naughty.gif

Maybe the yearly diamond goal needs a mid-year check up...Things change.
1.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have been on the campaign trail for two years for my 25th. I honestly did not think it would come true but it did. All I wanted was a nice decent 1ct RB and did I get one. It should be coming in the mail on 8/18/04, my anniversay date, from GOG. Thank you Jonathan. I wouldn't have found GOG if I hadn't signed up on this forum and would never have been able to see this dream come true.

I'll post pictures if I can.

Suz

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you Suz. It'll be lovely

sparker

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/15/2004 8:33:26 PM sevens one wrote:

I'm so happy for you Suz. It'll be lovely----------------

Thank you!

Suz

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez wrote: I anticipate a reduction in wardrobe and an increase in bling this year...

Yeah- I hear that! I'm wearing my winter clothes with the sleeves rolled up lol...

My goal is a 1.85-2.00 Jubilee!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results