shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your 2004 "diamond" goal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
Haven''t posted in a while because my entire house got the flu and I was too sick to log on.
So, Happy New Year everyone!!!!
Anyway, I was just curious as to what everyone''s 2004 diamond goal was. I have noticed that some people want diamond stud earrings, I know Mara wants a 10 diamond shared prong platinum band.
Me? I think my goal this year is to get a 1- 1.2 ctw pair of diamond stud earrings or a 4-5 ctw. bracelet.
It will be fun to look at this at the end of the year and see if any of us really got what we wanted!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH Kayla I was TOTALLY thinking the same thing about posting something like this over the last week, I just forgot! BTW we got the flu too a week ago, bah! We are finally recovering but it's a slow process.

Anyway, YES my goal this year is the 10 stone shared prong ring (using .10c ACA stones of course...)for my right hand. Though I guess if I get it, I will have a busy year...as I am going to be buying Greg's ACA diamond for his wedding ring & having THAT commissioned for him in February. Also we are making my wedding band through WhiteFlash with ACA melee which should be done by April. I'd like to also get the Fortunoff diamond earring and necklace set that I showed in the Bride forum for the wedding. And then lastly, if I am soo lucky, the 10 stone ring. Busy year!
1.gif
Keeping fingers crossed!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually here is the closest thing I have found online to the one I tried on in the store for the 10 stone. This is an eternity ring obviously, but if you only view the top view, it shows about 8 stones...so this would be the exact same style, but 10 stones instead of 8. The stones would be 10 .10c stones and sit close profile to the finger. Also the prongs are very small and because they are very condensed in the middle instead of being 'blocky' on top and bottom, the roundness of the diamonds are accentuated on the tops and bottoms.
love.gif
It's similar to your 7 stone ring Kayla.
2.gif
For whatever reason I have found NO good pictures of a real 10 stone ring online! All 5 and 7 stone rings. Though I did notice that one picture you posted in the past Kayla...but it was an 11 stone ring. Very similar though!

10 stone shared prong ring atomicdesigns.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one
1.gif

11 stone ring.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
welcome back kayla, glad that ur family is recovering
wavey.gif

my 2004 diamond goal is to finally get my belated approx 0.7ct e-ring b4 our wedding anniversary later in the year.
5.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you are on the mend, Kayla.

The things I want will not happen in 2004, but here is what I'm wanting eventually...

Replace the diamond in my wedding set with a better quality stone. Probably a .90-1.15 ct stone that's an ideal cut (maybe H&A, maybe not), F-H color and an SI clarity. I'm not sure how large I want b/c I don't want the ring to have to be reconfigured. I'd like larger than my current 6 x 6.1 mm diamond and I think I'm okay with replacing the head on the ring but first I want to figure out how large of a diameter the current head can hold.

Diamond stud earrings. I'm not sure about the size or quality. I'll just let Mara decide that for me.
2.gif

A diamond anniversary or eternity ring to wear with my wedding set or the 3 stone ring I'm getting. I like the ones Mara has posted, so I'll probably have her pick that out too. Or maybe Jennifer will want to sell one her the hundred that she has, lol.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Goal: Be decisive in designing a new e-ring and wedding ring and have it done by my 18th wedding anniversary (June) or my 40th birthday (July).
confused.gif
9.gif

Diamondlil

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking either diamond solitaire pendant, or else a diamond encircled Pad Sapphire to go w/ring and earrings.

Choices, choices, choices!

win

PS I'm thinking yellow diamonds like my ring to encircle the Pad Sapphire pendant.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're buying another house to rent out (we have our primary residence already and a piece of property to pay on) so, I doubt I'll be getting any diamonds. BUT, ideally, I'd like larger stud earrings. My current pair are .25 each ear, nicely cut, but not H&A. I'd like to upgrade to around .45 each ear, H&A
love.gif
I think this size would look nice for daily wear. . . but, as I said, we have investment priorities, so I'll most likely be waiting a couple years, unless I can sneak away enough of our grocery money each week to my "diamond fund" in order to afford the ones I've been eyeing.

Michelle

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
None in 2004 that's planned. But, if I stumble upon something, I may bite.

2005 - relatively inexpensive diamond studs for a gift.

2008ish - I sincerely doubt I will wait that long knowing me....but A nice 1c diamond flanked by two sapphires to wear on my right hand.

I like to plan ahead.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs for my April bday. Probably around 1ctw -- slightly less if I get the <.5c price break. I thought of going 1.5ctw, but don't think I'll stretch it.

Beyond that, I thought I was pretty much done (but we all know you are really NEVER done for good
9.gif
). I'm thinking some style of eternity ring for my right hand. I have larger rings that I don't really wear much, so somthing small, simple and sparkly might be the answer. Maybe that would be a good 20year anniversary gift. hmm... that's 2006.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
okay, I'm been eyeing this stone for the past week! Like 10 times a day! http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_72ct_h_si1_h%26a.htm (can someone teach me how to do that link where you type your own words instead of this mess?) Geez.... I think I'm ill.......... I'm even afraid if I post it right now.. someone will buy it right away....
2.gif

Well, for this year, I would like THIS stone! mm.... pendant? or a ring? I'm trying to stay away from rings.. cuz everytime I make any kind of a jewlery purchase,... I want to make it a ring.

So maybe for christmas 2004 from Boyfriend? sigh~~ but I know by that time this stone probably won't be available anymore... But it's still nice to daydream about it for now.

I haven't even received my 5 ACA stone ring from Whiteflash yet and I'm already thinking about something new!
nono.gif
Is that bad? haha..... OR...... we could get two .72 and make it into a pair of earrings??????? okay, I should stop.... Now I'm really dreaming! At least for this year anyway!
3.gif

HAPPY NEW YEARS AGAIN EVERYONE!

OH, and Mara,................. I usually don't sleep till very late on weekends... so over the past few weekends, I've finished reading most of your posts since the beginning when you joined pricescope... and I wanted to tell you, I love your writing... it is truly entertaining and pleasant to read!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Funny about the diamond budget as I was thinking the same thing earlier today. . .I even mentioned this idea to my husband and believe it or not, he said, "ok."!

I'm taking care of our two little boys FT alone with no family or friends to help (everyone is just busy w/their own lives. . .) AND now, I'm also going to be remodeling the rental we purchase while STILL changing diapers, cooking, etc., so since I don't get paid hourly and I AM working my butt off 24/7, I'd like an annual diamond budget, (which would be on top of clothes and other fun money). . .This way I'll have something to last longer than the new trendy sweater I bought or whatever. . .(My first goal is the diamond studs mentioned above, then my upgrade, plus for fun, the Fay Cullen Pendant I've fallen in love with.)

I may need to find couple more husbands at the rate I'm going!

Michelle

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, MichelleCarmen, we should all be given a diamond budget. We can buy something once a year or save up two or three years and get something really expensive.
2.gif

By the way, is anyone familiar with the Ritani endless love collection. I was at BB&B and I saw they had diamond earrings that match the ring, with a pave bezel around each diamond and a little trail of pave where the posts are, like an upside down ?. Very nice!!!

Leota (and Mara),
I know what you mean about reading all of Mara's posts. I am a fan, too. In fact, I had the fortune, or should I say misfortune, of subscribing to Mara a few months ago!!! Everytime she would reply to a thread, I would get an email!!
2.gif

Sometimes it would be one email, sometimes 50. It got to the point though that all I got was emails regarding Mara's posts. And the funny thing is, I could not figure out how to stop it. I still haven't figured it out.
Now everytime Mara replies to a post, it goes to my PS account instead. I must have thousands of them!!!
2.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hello--it is fun to see everyone's responses! I am applying to grad school right now (Ph.D) so my diamond plans depend on whether or not I go back to school. If I go, I'll be a poor student for five years (and my husband will be a poor resident), so we won't exactly be making any diamond purchases. If I don't go, I want studs (I have a feeling my parents are going to get me 2 ctw ones, so maybe I'll get those either way), a pendant, and perhaps a bracelet or bangle with diamonds on it. I want those to be small, everyday wear things. I have a bunch of stuff that is more for formalwear, so I don't need any of that for 2004. Until I know, I'm keeping the wallet closed!

Oh, and I edited this to say that I think a diamond budget is a great idea. When my husband is finally in practice, we'll have to negotiate a budget that increases in proportion to his practice! Poor guy, he is sitting downstairs studying and has no idea what is in store for him! $2,000 is great, but you should ask for a 3% increase every year for inflation
9.gif

bht122

Rough_Rock
1) ruby earrings like:
e303-07W.jpg

2) 1/2ct pear pendant w/ the chain attached to the prongs.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

Thanks for finding me some extra stones. Now I'll have 3 more different ones to look at 10x's a day!!
2.gif

I think I'll work on this diamond fund with Boyfriend when I get a chance and the timing is right. I'm thinking $100/month now to start... since he just graduated this past semester and will be full time working... and we'll work our way up from there! $1200 a year is a pretty good deal for now... Just for now though~
11.gif

Kayla... yeah... hehe .. I wasn't going to mention this, but since someone's in this like me, I subscribe to Mara's posts too. I have it sent to my PM. And it's so much fun!!

Yeah, Mara.... hahah I basically read all your posts from way in the beginning to now. And I love it! Fun writer.. and puts me in a good mood reading your stuff. And since the start, you've come a looong way. From what you knew then to what you know now. Hope I someday get to catch up to you.
3.gif

I was wondering if any of you know... for example .... if I get 3 pieces from GOG, and when I want to upgrade, can I trade in all 3 for 1 big one?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
So do your husbands or boyfriends realize that you all have "diamond goals" for 2004? Mine would shudder to know I'm setting goals about this now.

I did used to have a friend who always said that when they "needed" diamonds they would go downtown..... He always replyed that he missed that layer of Mazlov's hierarchy in school, and wanted to know if it was above or below food and shelter.
9.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Nope, he does NOT have a clue~
11.gif

It's aaaall very innocent.
12.gif

I think the more I'm on pricescope the more obssessed I get!!
nono.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
well, I hope to get approx. 2 ct tw studs for Christmas. I also have a current "layaway" project with my jeweler but that will likely stretch out a while, maybe even into '05. It's rather outrageous but I HAD to have it and worked out a payment plan with my jeweler. I'll post it when i get it, but it'll be a while. I usually have a little layaway for myself. When i have a bad ay at work and feel like quititng, i remember my treat and get motivated to keep going.
1.gif
Now, remember, I don't have kids and am not planning on it any time soon (we both aren't sure if it's for us)...If I wanted kids, i couldn't piss money away like this, that's for sure. We're a couple of Dinks--"Double Income No Kids."

So, that's it. Another part of my "diamond goal" is to adopt the one special thing a year rule... i really have been thinking about what Michelle Carmen wrote in the "Would you wear CZ poll" (the first one): how much can one person have or wear? In that vein, I don't know whether to be flattered or embarrassed at Patty's joke about my wedding rings
1.gif
(Patty, if you read this, please know it made me laugh--I am flattered and take it as a compliment
1.gif
). I just never thought about it and started collecting different diamond bands. I will try to take a picture of all of them (6) together but I have trouble taking shots of larger stuff...? I barely got that cross in an entire shot and it's only 1 & 1/8 inches long.

I've learned a lot from this forum. Thanks to all.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer, I LOVE that you have 6 diamond bands! Please try to get a picture of them. I've never had a collection of anything, but I think that collecting wedding bands is the best idea ever!

And of course now I'm dying to know what you have on layaway at your jewelers. Come on...give us a hint?

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer, a diamond band collection is a FANTASTIC idea! You're way ahead of me though. I'm only up to two. This year's diamond goal is either new studs (around 1.20 ctw- I prefer small studs and that's probably the biggest I would go) OR two 2mm eternity bands to stack with the one I just got for Xmas. What does everyone think of alternating white and yellow diamonds?

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I went on to GOG just now and I could not find the .72 H SI-1 that I've grown to love so much... So I went to look under the educational diamond section... and it's there!
15.gif
It has been sold....

BUT, i do see Jonathan is about to scan some more new stones!
3.gif

I am sad my little .72 is gone now tho~~~
cry.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It makes it less tempting when it's gone Leota..hee hee.

We are currently in the midst of purchasing things for the house, never seen money flow so QUICKLY out of hands before, sheesh. I finally got off my ass and listed a bunch of stuff on eBay for sale ...a bunch of stamping sets (rubber stamping) that I have had for about 2-3 years, didn't realize they'd fetch a good amount on eBay! Also our old TiVo is about to end today and a great red leather jacket I literally wore TWICE and is worth about $400. Sheesh, where do I find this stuff to waste my money on. I am tempted to sell some other things like some of my expensive purses I don't use but I don't have the heart to really.

Anyway the selling $$ is for 'fun stuff' that I am buying for the house, e.g. silver wastebasket for bathroom which of course Greg could care less about having..hee hee. So by me selling all these items, I get around the 'dual approval' process that Greg has in place for things like furniture, blinds, etc. Hee Hee!! I am tempted to save it all for diamonds instead!!
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Mara, you're right. It is less tempting when it's gone. And while it's still there... I keep trying to get creative on how I can get my hands on that diamond..... or how much and how long I should addtional money for this.. or should I just go into my savings! OR take money out from my mutual funds. sigh~
nono.gif
all for one little diamond. See what I mean I'm becoming obssessed? But in the middle of all this I'm having so much fun.

I can imagine how much money you're spending and going to need to spend for your new home. Take some pics and post when you're all settled in? I think you have really good taste, so I'm very interested in how everything will look! For your ebay, I hope you get some good bids and raise up the $$$$. I love ebay! I sell little doggy clothes on there. And it's pretty fun.. and exciting when I start getting lots of good bids.

Okay, so "byebye.. my little .72" When I see new ones I like in the future I'll be sure to post them.. and let all you experts help me check em out.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This comes close to my 2004 resolution
2.gif

2004d.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for assuaging my wedding band habit guilt. This place is like confession for diamond-aholics.
1.gif

I will post a picture of my weddings rings soon... I have one I am just finishing up (03 layaway project), and to celebrate its arrival, i will do a spread. I love wedding rings...I don't know why; maybe it is the symbolism.

Unfortunately, due to the fact I have not yet personally come to terms with the overwhelming guilt associated with my 04 layaway, I cannot bring myself to divulge its details at the present time.
3.gif

(not to mention that this forum in bookmarked in our browser and if my husband stumbled onto it before he's been "primed" it'll be hell to pay. there is a science to these things, a method to the madness...
naughty.gif
)

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few diamond goals, but I don't think I'll realize more than one or two in 2004:

1. Another princess cut channel set eternity band to wear with my wedding rings. I already have one eternity band as a wedding ring. I have a friend who wears her e-ring plus two eternity bands and it looks great! I've heard that the first year of marriage is the most difficult, so I figure I deserve on for my one year anniversary.
9.gif

2. Some kind of yellow diamond piece. I don't think I care if it's offically a FANCY yellow, but it would have to be obviously yellow and not just a low color white. (And I would want natural color, not treated) I have an AWESOME jeweller that I work with who is very talented with matching stones. I thought it might look nice to have an eternity band with a color gradation that goes from intense yellow to white. OR, an eternity band in yellow gold with yellow diamonds, or studs. At any rate, I want a yellow diamond!!!

3. More of the basics, I just need a pendant. I wouldn't mind getting bigger studs. I don't feel comfortable wearing bracelets, so I don't think I'll ever get one.

4. Omega watch from the Constellation collection. The one I have my eye on has a stainless steel band with a black face and diamonds around the outside of the face. My mom has a watch from this collection (gold/stainless steel band with diamonds and mother of pearl face) and they are amazing. But I have to think about this one because I don't want to have too many diamonds and look gaudy. (AH! Did I actually SAY that?!?
2.gif
) The watch with diamonds might put me over the top.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/27/2004 1:47:39 PM sumi wrote: I've heard that the first year of marriage is the most difficult, so I figure I deserve on for my one year anniversary.
9.gif

I don't know about just the first year.
2.gif

In fact, the past ten years has been absolute hell for me!!! What a nightmare.
9.gif

And because of that, I will now ask my husband for 10 anniversary bands, one for each year. Or better yet, I want a 10 carat diamond. One carat for each year of this torturous marriage!!!
2.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results