Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

what is wrong with gem scan certs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sandwich287

Rough_Rock
oh man...

i was relying on the gem scan cert when i bought my engagement ring, what is wrong with the gem scan cert? not reliable, false???

mr. diamond stress

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Gem scan is a very reputable Canadian company, but is not very familiar to the U.S. market.

Kirk Konst

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There was some discussion regarding Gem Scan on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-shopping.4555/

Do a search on PriceScope on Gem Scan, and there's about a dozen results.

I have no experience with the lab myself.

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Don't feel bad sandwich, I have a diamond certificate from IGI & I've had mixed reviews about their lab too. My diamond's an I1 & it has two color ratings also, G-H. All I can go by is that I have another diamond that was appraised by a certified gemologist at I1, H in color & it's not as nice in color as my new diamond nor does it have the fire. The new diamond just has 1 inclusion as far as I can see (without a scope)& it's a natural right on the girdle. If your new diamond is really cloudy (looks white) or has visible dark inclusions looking at it from the top (without a scope) I would take the other's advice & keep looking. You want to be proud when you wear that baby on your finger, or look at it on your sweetie's finger, and if it's not a sparkler, it won't turn heads!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.