shape
carat
color
clarity

what is wrong with gem scan certs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sandwich287

Rough_Rock
oh man...

i was relying on the gem scan cert when i bought my engagement ring, what is wrong with the gem scan cert? not reliable, false???

mr. diamond stress

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Gem scan is a very reputable Canadian company, but is not very familiar to the U.S. market.

Kirk Konst

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There was some discussion regarding Gem Scan on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-shopping.4555/

Do a search on PriceScope on Gem Scan, and there's about a dozen results.

I have no experience with the lab myself.

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Don't feel bad sandwich, I have a diamond certificate from IGI & I've had mixed reviews about their lab too. My diamond's an I1 & it has two color ratings also, G-H. All I can go by is that I have another diamond that was appraised by a certified gemologist at I1, H in color & it's not as nice in color as my new diamond nor does it have the fire. The new diamond just has 1 inclusion as far as I can see (without a scope)& it's a natural right on the girdle. If your new diamond is really cloudy (looks white) or has visible dark inclusions looking at it from the top (without a scope) I would take the other's advice & keep looking. You want to be proud when you wear that baby on your finger, or look at it on your sweetie's finger, and if it's not a sparkler, it won't turn heads!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results