shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this for in my jewelry box?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
What is this pillow thing for? I can’t find a picture of it being used so I’m not quite sure. IMG_7606.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A long time ago i got a watch for my 21st and it came in a case that had room for rings and things
the watch lived around a pillow like that

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I just don’t know why it has that flap in the middle. Looks like you’re supposed to wrap something around it?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just don’t know why it has that flap in the middle. Looks like you’re supposed to wrap something around it?

yes
mine didnt have that
i just went and checked
first time ive looked in there for years
just a silky pillow

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the flap made of a different material from the rest of the cushion? If so, I wonder if it is to give a bit of friction so that a watch will stay in place on the cushion.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Is the flap made of a different material from the rest of the cushion? If so, I wonder if it is to give a bit of friction so that a watch will stay in place on the cushion.

It’s the same material.

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
Hmmm are you supposed to put a bracelet or watch around it? Helps it display the shape better? Look forward to seeing how the vendor response!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well dang, now I want to know what its for too!

jjgg

Rough_Rock
I think it’s just extra protection. I have one in my circular travel jewelry box too (the cushion is also a circle so it’s definitely not to put a watch around), and I put my nicer items in that section.

I also thought it could help Tiffany silver pieces from tarnishing as it’s less exposed to air, but that it just a wild guess lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6394.jpeg
    IMG_6394.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6395.jpeg
    IMG_6395.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 8

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a thin cushion, which is used to cover the jewelry and protect it. It prevents jewelry pieces from moving a lot in the case or scratching at each other or hit on the sides of the case, when it is being moved around (for example during a trip). It can also be used as a divider, in order to store more pieces over it ,without them scratching against the ones that are underneath it. The flap in the middle is used as a handle, in order to remove the protective cushion and put it back without having to grip the sides of it and accidentally touch the jewelry under it with your fingertips.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results