shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the deal with Chubb?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
aljdewey,

can you help us same some time with our homework and just tell us what insurance company you used? =)

i have asked a lot, and have yet to find another cash out company.

thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I let my Chubb policy lapse because I wasn''t sure if I wanted to continue with it..when I called to inquire about reinstating it, they told me no..they didn''t tell me why and I didn''t really care to ask but if they are phasing out a lower articles policy amount, that may make sense. Guess I wasn''t cash cow enough for them!!

I do want another cash out policy, Alj who do you use again?? Greg wants to put it with State Farm with our cars, house, valuable articles etc but I do not like their replacement policy.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:38:45 PM
Author: Mara

I do want another cash out policy, Alj who do you use again?? Greg wants to put it with State Farm with our cars, house, valuable articles etc but I do not like their replacement policy.
Honestly, it''s not that black and white - and does go to issue of your relationship. My insurer''s (allstate) told me they would give me the cash out. He said that I''m a good shopper & could probably get what I wanted faster & just as inexpensive. Personally, sometimes it''s easier for them to do that. And, if they could find me another stone eqaul to mine, then I''m fine with it. All I want is for my ring to be covered to get another ring. At the end, they just don''t give you xyz and say be done with it. You do have ulitmate approval in most situations. The insurance agency wants to make you happy. I''ve had no problems with resolution of claims to my satisfaction thus far.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:46
6.gif
4 PM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 4/4/2005 12:38:45 PM
Author: Mara

Honestly, it''s not that black and white - and does go to issue of your relationship. My insurer''s (allstate) told me they would give me the cash out. He said that I''m a good shopper & could probably get what I wanted faster & just as inexpensive. Personally, sometimes it''s easier for them to do that. And, if they could find me another stone eqaul to mine, then I''m fine with it. All I want is for my ring to be covered to get another ring. At the end, they just don''t give you xyz and say be done with it. You do have ulitmate approval in most situations. The insurance agency wants to make you happy. I''ve had no problems with resolution of claims to my satisfaction thus far.
Yes SF did tell me when we inquired that they would work with me in the event of a loss to find a ''like'' piece/diamond/ring, but to be honest I do not want that hassle. I''d much rather just get the cash and do what I wanted with a replacement. Also, who is to say I want the same thing I had before it was lost/stolen etc? What if I want to add a few more bucks to it and get a bigger stone or different setting? Lastly, being as particular as I am about my stones and their cut...I want what I want..not some insurance adjuster''s idea of an ''ideal'' cut stone. So from my perspective, if the cash-out is cut and dry like Chubb''s was (aka you get the money regardless except for 4 exceptions (a few natural disasters and intentional harm) then I''d much rather pay a few bucks extra to get that policy. But that''s just me!

bizgk

Rough_Rock
The latest quote I got from a broker on a Chubb policy was 2.3% of value ($2.30 per $100 of value). This beats the last quote I got of 2.34%.. but I can''t help but wonder if someone would do it cheaper. Does anyone have experience with Cubb policies for residents of Manhattan (NYC)?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results