shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best light to use a loupe in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Very excited just received this for my birthday
9.gif
http://geo-tools.com/lens.htm so I have been spending the last 20 or so minutes trying to locate inclusions and the laser inscription in my ring and officially have a happy headache
9.gif

As for what I have found:
Inclusions: Still can''t find the buggers.
Inscription: If I am in my bedroom near natural light hold my tongue and head just the right way I can make out a few numbers
9.gif
, I can''t see it at all in fluro office lighting however FI can.

Also how easy is it to use a loupe to spot inclusions in jewellery store lighting?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
light from the side of the diamond makes them easier to see.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Strm :), I went upstairs and did some experiementing with the camera and loupe and managed to take a photo of the inscription now it is much easier to see :D.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have the exact same loupe, and I can''t see all of the inclusions clearly at the same time because they are at different depths. I know this doesn''t answer your question about lighting, though. My jeweler doesn''t have the uber-lighting that some other stores have, just fluorescent and some kind of halogen, I think. I have seen inclusions in various diamonds just fine.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for chiming in cellentani

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 10:51:53 PM
Author:Deelight
Very excited just received this for my birthday
9.gif
http://geo-tools.com/lens.htm so I have been spending the last 20 or so minutes trying to locate inclusions and the laser inscription in my ring and officially have a happy headache
9.gif

As for what I have found:
Inclusions: Still can''t find the buggers.
Inscription: If I am in my bedroom near natural light hold my tongue and head just the right way I can make out a few numbers
9.gif
, I can''t see it at all in fluro office lighting however FI can.

Also how easy is it to use a loupe to spot inclusions in jewellery store lighting?
Way kewl and happy birthday!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lozza :), I thought it was pretty niffty too :D

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 5:18:58 AM
Author: Deelight
Thanks Lozza :), I thought it was pretty niffty too :D
Most welcome Bruddah Dezza!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results