Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the average $ amount of Jewelry Owned

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
I know we have folks from different countries, so I just thought I'd do an unofficial sort of questions.
My collection is topping $xx,000. Yikes maybe it's a little much??
How much does the average woman own in jewelry do you think?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Since the average American spends $7,750 on an engagement ring, I would estimate the average woman owns over $10K in jewelry? The average PS member probably owns $50K in jewelry, with ranges from $10K to over $100K?

maryjane04

Shiny_Rock
Maybe we should do a poll? I think that maybe PS'ers have more jewellery than the average person lol

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
The average is very different than the median. 50% of engagement rings purchased cost less than $1830.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know i own more than an average lady in UK in jewellery.

DK :))

emeraldhummingbird

Rough_Rock
Apart from e-ring it would probably be in the vicinity of $2-3k. I only have 3 or 4 "real" pieces and a lot of costume jewellery. I bought a pair of emerald studs recently and the gem bug bit me hard. My bank balance had better be careful!

kipari

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can just say that I was shocked how much "small stuff" I had that added up to a huge amount. When we got burglarized they took predominantly heavy yellow gold , no pearls and left some antique diamonds and coloured stone stuff.

I have looked at the police report and the yellow gold that I didn't wear (inherited) that they took added up to a LOT going by weight only for the gold.

I prefer not to calculate the value of my "good stuff " that was at the bank at the time..

:oops:

RNJonja

Rough_Rock
My small diamond collection is near $5k. That feels like a lot :oops2: I'm from Finland.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Someone did a poll about this topic awhile ago.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is well over Xx,000

Polabowla

Shiny_Rock
Are you referring to retail- like amount paid? Or current value? I mean if some piece was bought years back did it depreciate or appreciate in value?
Not sure how this would be calculated.
@kipari I'm sorry ; I had pieces stolen too it's awful.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Just got my renewal for my specialized jewelry insurance policy today - I’m insured for more than my first house cost! Granted it wasn’t the best neighborhood....

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Either I suppose or any
Some antique pieces maybe worth more

Initially I meant amount paid but if u consider all things my most expensive ring was 1/2 the appraised value I got it used so.... it’s not the most expensive I paid out of pocket

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I mean, it also depends if you're talking purchase cost versus replacement value. I bought a gemstone ring for $400 in platinum from an ebay seller with a 3ct center. If I had to run out and replace it today, it would easily be $1500 to have a similar ring made. Would I count that as "$1,500" value in my collection?

mommylawyer

Rough_Rock
I think this is the poll you're looking for:

blingthing

Rough_Rock
I suppose it also depends if people consider watches as functional jewelry or purely a tool? They can add up very quickly

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.