shape
carat
color
clarity

What is something weird you like to eat, that you think no one else would like?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I was talking to my friend this morning about weird foods that we eat (because she sent me a picture of her Kale salad omelet she was eating for breakfast). I realized that I create (with leftovers) and eat a lot of similar things, like my kung pao chicken omelet, or my go to breakfast of 2 poached eggs in some type of store-bought soup! My favorite is poached eggs in Broccoli cheese soup. Yum!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuna salad wrapped in a slice of Genoa salami, with oregano, olive oil and vinegar sprinkled on.

This dates back to when I worked at the original Subway restaurant in Bridgeport, CT back in my college days. Summer of 1974, to be precise. We were allowed to eat the toppings for lunch but we could not touch the bread.

I found I actually liked this combination and ate salami and tuna fish sandwiches many times over the years. I still sprinkle oregano, olive oil and vinegar on my tuna sandwiches (even sans the Genoa salami).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bread cheese with hot honey, pureed hotwing dip with a spoon, pureed cottage cheese mixed with protein powder, cheese dip (like that white queso from a Mexican restaurant) with bbq pulled pork and baked beans. Especially on chips like nachos.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love dried shrimp.

Dried-Shrimp-2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like fine liverwurst. It is great on celery. And boursin cheese on celery.

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Bread cheese with hot honey, pureed hotwing dip with a spoon, pureed cottage cheese mixed with protein powder, cheese dip (like that white queso from a Mexican restaurant) with bbq pulled pork and baked beans. Especially on chips like nachos.

Never heard of Bread Cheese and had to look it up! Looks yummy!

Reactions: ame

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
HI:

I like fine liverwurst. It is great on celery. And boursin cheese on celery.

cheers--Sharon

I'm a liverwurst fan too! I just put it on crackers or toast, and eat as is. My SIL brought me a couple of liverwurst tubes (like toothpaste), and I can eat it straight out of the tube!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pickled mustard greens, pickled by my parents with rice water. Then stir fried with egg.

There are about 10000 food violations committed in the making of this dish but it's delicious (to me). The boys make me eat it outside :lol-2:

They also tell me I'm going to die from it but he's been decades and I'm still eating!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was talking to my friend this morning about weird foods that we eat (because she sent me a picture of her Kale salad omelet she was eating for breakfast). I realized that I create (with leftovers) and eat a lot of similar things, like my kung pao chicken omelet, or my go to breakfast of 2 poached eggs in some type of store-bought soup! My favorite is poached eggs in Broccoli cheese soup. Yum!

I am a fan of leftovers with eggs! I made us a kale salad + pesto omelet recently. And one with chimichurri and pulled pork! I am not a great fan of leftovers, but eggs make a very good sidekick to clean things up.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pita bread topped with plain yogurt, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Peanut butter and banana (The Elvis) sandwich, century eggs with sriracha, Oh and durian!

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds delicious!

It’s so good! I only use one piece of bread and a lot of olives.

The only other people I’ve known that liked this were my mom and my grandma. I‘m so surprised a restaurant had this on the menu @Garnetgirl .

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
when I was little I had an obsession with Rollmops.
they are raw herring fillets rolled up with a pickle in the middle soaked in a vinegar like liquid.
love them apparently up until I realised what I was eating :eek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when I was little I had an obsession with Rollmops.
they are raw herring fillets rolled up with a pickle in the middle soaked in a vinegar like liquid.
love them apparently up until I realised what I was eating :eek2:

What have we all been eating?

dianaR

Rough_Rock
Pickled mustard greens, pickled by my parents with rice water. Then stir fried with egg.

There are about 10000 food violations committed in the making of this dish but it's delicious (to me). The boys make me eat it outside :lol-2:

They also tell me I'm going to die from it but he's been decades and I'm still eating!

I love picked mustard greens in beef noodle soup!! Extra please!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results