shape
carat
color
clarity

What is something weird you like to eat, that you think no one else would like?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Kimchi! I love it!
My family (all non-asian) do not share the love I have.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, its interesting all the stuff we ate growing up that didn't kill us...lol

Back in those days, nothing got wasted, and I mean nothing.
head cheese , scrapple, sweet breads, pickled feet. it was all good, made with stuff you could pronounce because it came from the farm.

Its interesting that this month would be the time I see this (my grandmother's birthday is this month) and I feel her presence so much in March and October.

There you go! I like scrapple! With maple syrup!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So I tried this today. It really was good!
I cut up pita bread in bite sized pieces, topped each with cream cheese and a stuffed green olive.
DH and I both liked it!

I would like this too, I think

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like kimchi paired with cottage cheese. It reduces the heat just enough for my poor tongue to bear it!

I bet they play nicely off each other.

I bought gochugaru to make it myself, but I am afraid my husband and son will mutiny. I wait til they leave to enjoy it.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Not me but my late dad liked to eat rotten salted egg.
The yolk was inky dark, smelled pungent like smelly beancurd/toufu.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another weird one. It’s an appetizer. Salami sliced thin but not paper thin. Mix cream cheese with some chives. Spread thin on the salami. Roll the salami up like a pinwheel. Place 3 toothpicks across the rolled salami and cut into three bit sized pieces.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is another weird one. It’s an appetizer. Salami sliced thin but not paper thin. Mix cream cheese with some chives. Spread thin on the salami. Roll the salami up like a pinwheel. Place 3 toothpicks across the rolled salami and cut into three bit sized pieces.

That sounds like perfect keto food.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canned/tinned smoked oysters or mussels (pref oysters as they are larger), the ones packed in oil. I drain and eat straight from the can, not even a cracker
My husband hates this and so I eat them only when he isn’t around. My secret guilty snack haha.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a kid, I used to make "fake kiwi" by slicing a banana and topping with strawberry jam and lemon juice. (Kiwis were harder to come by back then.) My mom was perplexed at the time, I guess, because she kept reminding of this for decades.

Strawberry-banana is clearly a classic "flavor" combo but intentionally making just this weirdo snack? Probably less so.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Canned/tinned smoked oysters or mussels (pref oysters as they are larger), the ones packed in oil. I drain and eat straight from the can, not even a cracker
My husband hates this and so I eat them only when he isn’t around. My secret guilty snack haha.

I have several tins in the cupboard as I type. It never occurred to me to think them unusual.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I've been served that as an appetizer at some cocktail parties, although it may have been pepperoni and not salami.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love smoked oysters and I eat them straight out of the can as well, with some crackers on the side to eat alternating with the oysters. Maybe I'll buy some today, now that you reminded me. I don't have them often, but I do really like them.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I've been served that as an appetizer at some cocktail parties, although it may have been pepperoni and not salami.

Oooh that sounds even better! I’ll have to give that a try.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love smoked oysters and I eat them straight out of the can as well, with some crackers on the side to eat alternating with the oysters. Maybe I'll buy some today, now that you reminded me. I don't have them often, but I do really like them.

I’m glad to remind you! I love that they are so cheap, great little snack

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
My scrambled eggs with sauerkraut, roasted beets, chard, and mushrooms. Go too breakfast for me, sometimes with hot sauce and/or cotija cheese added.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo, forgot about one of my favorite childhood breakfasts:

Cake donut cut like a bagel with smoked fish inside (preferably the kind my dad made from trout, but store bought is fine in a pinch).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results