shape
carat
color
clarity

What is on your gemstone buying plan?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been a colored Gem lover since day one. I have a nice collection. What I want most is a Pariba Tourmaline, and darn it will buy one in the next year or two. I know they are super expensive, but to me, the right stone is worth it.
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I guess if I am honest, I have been a gem lover most of my life too. It all started when I was a small child. My Godfather owned a high end jewellery store. Every year he held a Christmas party in his store for close friends, my sister and I went along with our parents.

One time, I guess I was about 7 or 8 years old, Uncle Dick said to me, "I''ve got the Star of Bethlehem in my safe, in fact I''ve got two."

He fished out two ruby cabouchons with stars in them. I remember them to be the size of quails eggs, I''m sure they were smaller than that, but I can still picture them clearly. That was it, I was hooked.

Of course, once grown up, married, family & mortgage in tow, gemstones slipped onto the back burner. But I guess an addiction is an addiction - right?

The other pictures I have saved are on my old pc, I''ll look them out tomorrow.

Check back!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, what a sweet story. Will look out for your pics. Are you down under?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Coatimundi, the earrings on your avatar is beautiful! Me too, the reds, greens and blues are my greatest love.

Pandora! Two boxes?! Two boxes?! Not fair... we need to do some redistribution here..
31.gif

Innerkitten, yes those spinels on acstones are gorgeous. I think they will be much much more expensive if they were larger. There''s a flame spinel on the site for more than 3K..

Gailey, welcome! Yes, the ladies here are a bad bad influence. Out of all the forums on pricescope, this is the one that I visit for updates first. Talking about pads, Art Nouveau has an absolutely jaw dropping one here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pad-sapphire-in-new-beaudry-mounting-its-finally-here.63889/

Kaleigh, I want a paraiba too. But they are so rare and expensive that I have dropped my standards and would accept a Mozambique or even a blue-green tourmaline.

I don''t have anything that big planned, but I would eventually like some nicely cut pieces like I''ve seen on here! But not for a while... I wish this forum moved faster, because I like lurking in here
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply Splendid,
The original Paraiba mines have been re-opened (I''m not joking here
9.gif
), but I don''t know whether they''ve yielded anything. Let''s keep our fingers crossed.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love tourmalines and tsavorites, green amethysts though they might be too pale for me, and I love rubies. I also love pink and yellow sapphires. I also love pink diamonds. Would love an oval or cushion pink Harry Winston type halo RHR ring. Might have to add that to my list.

I have a tanzanite ring and love it, but could see collecting some stuff.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 10:55:03 AM
Author: that_someone_special
I don''t have anything that big planned, but I would eventually like some nicely cut pieces like I''ve seen on here! But not for a while... I wish this forum moved faster, because I like lurking in here
9.gif
Same here!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I want at least one of EVERYTHING! I am really, really a fan of colored gemstones, but spinels are my favorite.

Next on my list in a really red spinel, cut by Jeff White (fingers crossed he can locate some rough soon)!

Also, I would like:

A cobalt blue spinel
A ruby
A color-change sapphire (from very blue to very violet)
An alexandrite
A high-quality tsavorite (like Pandora''s stunner)

I think that''s it for now (as in, for right this second -- if I think for a minute longer, I could triple the list).
19.gif

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
I''m new here. I''m a colored stone addict, but I buy rather infrequently, because it is an expensive hobby. Things I''m looking into:

Spinel - particularly cobalt blue and rich reds, lavenders, and pinks.
Tsavorite - I already own one, but it''s small, and I''m planning to have it set in a pendant
Pink zircon. Is a pink zircon described as warmed at low heat temperature considered worthless?
Lavender scapolite
Sapphire & ruby - all colors.

I already own a pair of opals (one of them a colorless fire opal with color play that includes big flashes of red), a tanzanite, an emerald (0.57 carats but nice green and almost no inclusions) , rosy pink sapphire, a pair of spinels (blue, lavender), the aforementioned tsavorite, and I have a yellow beryl coming in the mail.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
I''m socking coins in my piggy bank away for a spessarite garnet stunner, and a nice tsavorite, but since everyone on this forum plans to purchase a tsav the price and will probably be quite high so I might search for a nice chrome tourmaline instead since I''m kind of stuck on that lovely deep green

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I managed to satisfy my deep red garnet cravings this weekend! I went to the West Coast Gem Show on Friday where I got a 4+ carat red spess, a 2+ carat red (not sure what variety, probably pyrope), and a pair of 5mm "Ant Hill" red garnets. I also got a slightly pinkish red Umbalite. Crazy. From 0 red garnets to 5 in two days. Anyway, here''s a family photo.

garnetfam5.JPG

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the light, the spess is either deep red, or it can have orange flashes. Like a little glowing ember. I'm thinking a pendant-it's 9mm, too big for a ring (for me). The specks are fingerprints or dust.

spess6_sm.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
little fireball!

spess7_sm.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
"I managed to satisfy my deep red garnet cravings this weekend! I went to the West Coast Gem Show on Friday where I got a 4+ carat red spess, a 2+ carat red (not sure what variety, probably pyrope), and a pair of 5mm "Ant Hill" red garnets. I also got a slightly pinkish red Umbalite. Crazy. From 0 red garnets to 5 in two days. Anyway, here''s a family photo."

Wow, those are cool. I like them. I love the fact that you have a little collection.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, LTF! I was having so much fun just *playing* with them this weekend. My collection is tiny, nowhere near Pandora''s, but I did realize I have almost a complete rainbow!
9.gif

(red garnet, spess, peach tourmaline, sphene, chrome diopside, tsav, round sapphire and pair of princess sapphires)

fruity_goodness.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
That''s a cute little collection, Selkie, you just need some purple in there!
emwink.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How pretty, Selkie!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Selkie:

Do you find the lighter cushion sphene gives you more dispersion than your darker trilliant sphene?

Beautiful collection, btw.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
You know, Sonoma, I don''t think I''ve had the chance to compare them side by side. The cushion arrived after I took the trillion off to be set in a pendant. I think the trilliant shows more dispersion, because the facets are more numerous and smaller than the cushion. I''m curious to see now, hopefully I''ll get the trilliant back this week.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
I really want to get a step cut sapphire. I just got a rhodolite garnet and it''s lovely! I need to get that set, then I''ll move onto the sapphire
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie, I LOVE your collection!!
36.gif
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kim, I think a Four Peak amethyst might be a nice addition. Harriet and Catmom, thanks! You both have such impressive collections to aspire to!
9.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I NEED an Amethyst, a pink sapphire, a color change saphire, and cc garnet this year. Just a few things.........
27.gif

Lisa

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Selkie.

chirp

Shiny_Rock
hmm.. let''s see..

a large demantoid from russia (as a necklace or ring ro match my earrings)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:34:16 PM
Author: Harriet
Simply Splendid,
9.gif
), but I don''t know whether they''ve yielded anything. Let''s keep our fingers crossed.
"TUR-DUM!, TUR-DUM!, TUR-DUM!".. did you hear my heart beat? Or rather it should be "TUR-DUM-dum! TUR-DUM-dum! TUR-DUM-dum!" cos'' I''ve got heart murmur. Oh my! I am hoping that the april fool''s joke would somehow come true..

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Selkie, your rainbow is beautiful! Now now, all the rest of you should start posting pictures!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 5:06:19 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 5/18/2008 12:34:16 PM
Author: Harriet
Simply Splendid,
9.gif
''TUR-DUM!, TUR-DUM!, TUR-DUM!''.. did you hear my heart beat? Or rather it should be ''TUR-DUM-dum! TUR-DUM-dum! TUR-DUM-dum!'' cos'' I''ve got heart murmur. Oh my! I am hoping that the april fool''s joke would somehow come true..
I''ve told the other half that a Paraiba can be my "something blue."
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results