shape
carat
color
clarity

What is high jewelry, and have you ever seen anyone wear any in real life?

Well, I can’t find the pos

Ok, I can’t find the IG Reel. It is not necessarily about HJ. But, perhaps, about royal jewelry being passed off as HJ?

This annoys me somewhat. Not that she’s necessarily wearing a piece of Indian history like that, but the entire history of how it was stolen and reacquired by Cartier… the Maharaja of Patiala’s collection was absolutely extraordinary. I would have preferred to see it on an Indian male celebrity…

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another good article.

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain
Its an interesting article
I have noticed you usually can access 4 free articles a month - so don't click on articles willy nilly
Also if you remember and Google a few days latter you can get the story for free if its been picked up by other news sources (thats what i also do with the telegraph) - save your money for more bling not more news

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always feel sligtly disappointed when Prince Charles' wife the Dutchess of Cornwall wears VC&A
i mean it's pretty and probably highly sentimental to HRH (perhaps gifts from her own family) but anyone can walk in off the street and buy it
Queens and crown princesss should (for my own personal enjoyment - it's how i survive the pandemic) wear something more exclusive

In saying that i don't want Cam to stop wearing her Jen Hensan golden kiwi necklace* because i plan to one day buy one !

I really have nothing of any sence to add to this thread
Ill get my hat and coat and be off :lol-2:

* just checked the price - its gone up by half again** since i last looked

**Does gold ever go down in price ?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The more I think about this LV necklace the more I think that HJ is a farcical. I don’t even think the necklace is that attractive. And LV made at least two of the same…

Sorry, rant over…:lol-2:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more I think about this LV necklace the more I think that HJ is a farcical. I don’t even think the necklace is that attractive. And LV made at least two of the same…

If i had that kind of money any kind of reality tv would defiantly put me off buying it, let alone wearing it

If i had that kind of money any kind of reality tv would defiantly put me off buying it, let alone wearing it

Oh I agree. I remember watching bling empire’s first season when it came out because everyone in my life told me I would love the bling. To be honest - it didn’t wow me! Of course all the large rocks would/did but I didn’t like the design on any of the necklaces I saw. This necklace is not HJ worthy to me lol.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok it makes me think that there are:
1. True HJ. Very very expensive one of a kind creations using the best of gems and from very famous world renowned brands/designers. Almost unwearable except on red carpet or galas. The kind that you see and cannot imagine normal people wearing type.
2. Wannabe HJ. Not as expensive as #1 but not in the affordable for the somewhat wealthy people range. Not one of a kind, materials not super rare either. Think the bling empire necklace or those HJ by brands that aren’t limited editions. Can be by well known brands or somewhat famous local designers/stores. Anyone can self declare to be HJ after all. Somewhat wearable irl.
3. Fine jewellery. Ranges from world famous brands, to local designers/brands. Can also be custom designs. Usually using precious metal/gemstones. What we usually see on PS.
3. Fashion jewellery… ranges from mall stores and the run of mill melee designs to truly fashion jewellery made of non precious metals.

Ok it makes me think that there are:
1. True HJ. Very very expensive one of a kind creations using the best of gems and from very famous world renowned brands/designers. Almost unwearable except on red carpet or galas. The kind that you see and cannot imagine normal people wearing type.
2. Wannabe HJ. Not as expensive as #1 but not in the affordable for the somewhat wealthy people range. Not one of a kind, materials not super rare either. Think the bling empire necklace or those HJ by brands that aren’t limited editions. Can be by well known brands or somewhat famous local designers/stores. Anyone can self declare to be HJ after all. Somewhat wearable irl.
3. Fine jewellery. Ranges from world famous brands, to local designers/brands. Can also be custom designs. Usually using precious metal/gemstones. What we usually see on PS.
3. Fashion jewellery… ranges from mall stores and the run of mill melee designs to truly fashion jewellery made of non precious metals.

I like this categorisation. It also allows some “non brands” / “locally famous brands” to be considered HJ as well, while also distinguishing between the Bling Empire types as compared to Elizabeth Taylor’s Bulgari emerald necklace, for example.

Do you think your categories have a price cut off? Eg - anything below $1mn doesn’t qualify for the first category, for example?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results