shape
carat
color
clarity

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Diamond-Color-1024x1024.png

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
Diamonds come in different shades of color and can range from colorless to varying shades of yellow. Even though most diamonds appear colorless to the naked eye, many have slight tones of yellow that affect its value. The closer a diamond is to colorless, the more rare and valuable it is. ...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

bcmacdonald

Staff member
“The only time color can affect beauty is if the color is so far down the color scale, like a diamond such as an M or an N color grade. “

I don’t happen to agree.
In fact - if I had M/N I’d be offended.

Thanks @Rfisher you have a valid point.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @bcmacdonald , I looked for your comment referenced above, but could not find it. I am happy to see that you have revised a language to note that color does not equal beauty. If you go through the threads on colors and threads where stones of specific colors have gathered, you will discover that many PSers have diamonds all along the color spectrum, plenty of whom prefer the warmer colors. Any color can be beautiful. Thank you for amending your statement.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It looks like that language was removed. As someone that owns mostly lower color stones below J, because I have old cuts, I don't think it's necessarily fact (really more preference) and am glad it was removed. I think it is safe to say that generally, the lower colors are less popular.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results