shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a wire basket? Can anyone show me some pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Signed pieces will be able to make a wire basket to hold my center stone in the Raphael eternity band. Can anyone give me information on this? What do wire baskets look like?
Pros/Cons, visual appearance? Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn''t sound common... perhaps they mean to fabricate a basket setting as opposed to using a pre-made casting ?

If so, it would look like any basket setting, only the contours would be more definite and the whole thing nicer, IMO.

Here''s a basket made of platinum wire... but this doesn''t mean yours will look like this - I have no idea how Signedpiecs will construct yours down to the last detail:

DSCN5139_Full.jpg

Rather nice example...

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Valerie! David was able to send me a picture of what it will look like. It''s exactly what I wanted! Now.... I wait for three weeks. Thanks again.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Will you post the picture...pretty please!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Yes. Let''s see it!
36.gif

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I promise, once I get it I will post many pictures. This is going to be a hard wait. I think this will be the first Raphael eternity, with a round set in a basket that I have seen or could find. Even on the SP site, the closest I could find was a basket for princess and assher. I am so glad they could do this for me. The past year, I had my Diamond in a simple Platinum band, with a simple 4 prong head. Well, in less than 3 months it was rattling loose! So, went to different Jeweler, to mount it... and guess what 6 months later the same thing. No more 4 prong for me. I think it will be a little more protected, and hopefully a little more secure.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 1:45:45 PM
Author: glamgirl
Thanks Valerie! David was able to send me a picture of what it will look like. It''s exactly what I wanted! Now.... I wait for three weeks. Thanks again.

can you post the picture david sent you of the wire setting?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
can you show us the picture David sent you?

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am having trouble doing that. Could someone help?
Here is the link:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=756

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one?

4905.jpg

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Yes! Thank you so much!..... I really need to work on learning how to attach files.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
glamgirl,
Tha will look very nice on your setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results