shape
carat
color
clarity

What I hate the most about CA.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jayzus it is hard to get animal care.

Called ALL the vets in the area. Found only one that will help (that includes all the Davis vets and the UC Davis teaching hospital) today.

His tail is bleeding out dark puss blood. I think it's infected. I took a picture... but then I thought... it's bad enough that I have to see it, no one else needs to see that.

FYI. If you contacted me before please contact me again. With 3 email accounts and Facebook, I can't seem to find anyone's information to email them back.

Sorry.

Thank you.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egad. I can't get that link to work. A search in everything else doesn't show your post.

ETA: sent you a msg on your necklace listing

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Poor kitty I would love to help as well. Is he declawed? If so that is so heartbreaking that he is out on his own.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for helping the little guy. If there's a go fund me I'll chip in. I understand how you feel-in our rural Michigan county we have no animal resources at all.DH and I recently found two puppies dumped on a busy road and it was quite an adventure, but dogs are easier to catch than injured cats. Happy to say they are vetted, spayed and in good homes.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy I clicked the link to your db page but it's not up, I'd like to send you some money!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
The link to DB didn't work but I'd love to PayPal you some money for the cat'a care!!!! Please repost!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I'm so glad you were able to catch him, he might need a tail amputation, antibiotics and a stack of other things, tell us what you need and I'm sure there are many people here willing to help.

I think you are a much more tolerant person than I am I would have said to racoon lady how about I get all my buddies together and throw sticks & rocks and play loud music at your house for a few days into in the am and see how you like it, seriously WTF.......

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello All,

The DB listing was taken down. As everyone seems to prefer paypal, please contact me through the active listing I have on there. You can find the link (I can't provide it here without breaking self promotion rules) in the Pre-loved forum post I have.

You guys have been so generous. And since Grouchy (that's his name for now) ended up being an intact feral male that it was clear were were rescuing the vet gave us a HUGE break (seriously!).

Costs :
Trap: 100
Surgery and medications: 650 (can you believe it!)
Kennel to keep him in (he's too wild to keep indoors without a kennel): 100.
---
850 is the total

So far contributions have covered the cost of the surgery. If you can donate to help cover the rest, it would be greatly appreciated. But is not strictly necessary as with the donations to date and the Vet's kindness his actual surgery was covered. I can't tell you how much your help means to me and DH. Thank you so much to all of you.

He had his tail fully amputated. His left eye is too far gone, the infection too deep. She didn't remove it. Because he is feral having it shrivel up on its own is better for him. He has been fixed. Bathed, deloused, had his ears cleaned and his other lacerations tended. He has his claws, they just aren't very big.

He will be on pain meds for a while yet. They gave him a two week antibiotic shot. And trimmed his nails.

With your help and the vet's kindness we saved generations of stray cats from being born and saved this guys life (his tail was very infected).

We will be keeping him in the bathroom in the kennel for 2 weeks while he heals. Meantime we are looking for a feral colony to take him after he heals.

In the long run, he is much better off, thanks to all of you.

I'll include a couple pictures in the next post. He's groggy from the anesthesia still.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pictures....

You can also reach me through FB if you prefer.

tmp_12913-img_20161112_190203339-1676854002.jpg

tmp_12913-img_20161112_190205938-807511314.jpg

tmp_12913-img_20161112_190214479355849881.jpg

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for taking the time to heal one creature's pain and take a little bit of agony out of the world. You are an angel! :angel:
Also, sent you a message through the listing let me know if you don't get it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww poor guy! I'm happy to hear the surgery was successful, and that at least some of the costs have been covered thus far. I hope I was able to help in terms of giving numbers/places that might take him in....you are such a wonderful person!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1479017409|4097733 said:
awww poor guy! I'm happy to hear the surgery was successful, and that at least some of the costs have been covered thus far. I hope I was able to help in terms of giving numbers/places that might take him in....you are such a wonderful person!!!

You were very helpful, thank you so much! I will start calling during the week. Hopefully by the time he is healed up, we'll have a nice safe place for him. Especially given his eye and tail will impact his balance and reflexes. He needs a very safe place to live.

I just have a soft spot for animals. Everyone has their "thing", this is mine. I can't say no to animals in need. I'm otherwise a grumpy, blunt introvert and not at all that wonderful in anyway, trust me.

Whenever we get a feral cat, I am stupidly hopefully they might tame a bit. Hasn't happened yet. But I am still hopeful. His life will be easier if he trusts humans more, with his disabilities. Then they would be able to check on him more regularly.

One of the women at the vet's office also has a feral sanctuary she knows of, and she's going to call them about him.

He's now a 'special needs' feral rescue, so finding the right place is going to be important.

Thank you again lovesdogs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kylier|1479014254|4097727 said:
Thank you for taking the time to heal one creature's pain and take a little bit of agony out of the world. You are an angel! :angel:
Also, sent you a message through the listing let me know if you don't get it.

Got it, thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:
850 achieved, all expenses to date have been paid for.

Thank you to everyone who contributed. Very much appreciated.

If anyone in Nor Cal (Bay Area or Sacramento) knows of a good feral colony/ sanctuary if you can let me know that would be great.

I will be calling them this week.

Now... to pray Grouchy likes pill pockets. Otherwise I'll have to ground his pain medication into his food and hope he still eats it.

I wonder if I can wear those knit gloves that are knife safe to reach in there. Do they make those in elbow length...lol!

Thank you again to everyone. I don't want to name names, because I didn't ask you if I could and it feels wrong. You know who you are. You have my thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu|1478996328|4097615 said:
Thanks for helping the little guy. If there's a go fund me I'll chip in. I understand how you feel-in our rural Michigan county we have no animal resources at all.DH and I recently found two puppies dumped on a busy road and it was quite an adventure, but dogs are easier to catch than injured cats. Happy to say they are vetted, spayed and in good homes.

Wonderful news and thank you for taking care of them! Pictures? I think unless they are desperately ill baby animals are easier in general. This guy is crotchety and set in his ways. DH can be a cat whisperer though, so... you never know.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, thank you so much for the updates, I have been thinking of Grouchy all night. Poor little thing. The world can be such a hard place. Fingers crossed you find him a perfect and very safe sanctuary.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for saving Grouchy and I am so relieved he is going to be OK. You were both on my mind all day yesterday and I am glad PSers came through for you. Hoping Grouchy continues to improve and feel better and that he likes the pill pockets and will take the meds that way.

Gypsy, I don't think the knit gloves will stop infection or puncture wounds. Do you have super heavy leather gloves? That might work better. That's what Greg uses when handling the ferals. Or maybe if you have heavy enough gardening gloves?

And a big thank you to John to taking care of Grouchy yesterday while you were meeting some PSers at the GTG. Hope you guys had fun. :appl:

I hope a good forever home (be it sanctuary or a safe feral colony or another secure situation) is found for this little guy. Thank you for updating us. (((HUGS))) to everyone.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Yes please be super careful Gypsy. Thicker gloves as mentioned might be good. I have heard that cat puncture wounds have high infection rates.
And yay for kitty hopefully feeing better soon and finding a safe place!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning check in. He's living up to his name. :lol: I promise to be careful. He's not our first feral. I will get some gloves at the hardware store. Love to all of you for your caring.

tmp_31273-img_20161113_105711-807511314.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1479064183|4097879 said:
Morning check in. He's living up to his name. :lol: I promise to be careful. He's not our first feral. I will get some gloves at the hardware store. Love to all of you for your caring.

Poor thing! He is probably really scared! Do be careful Gypsy!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a beautiful grumpy baby.

It would be SO hard for me to not pet him.

Poor thing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh he is the new Grumpy cat. Please be careful and thank you to you and your DH for being so kind.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww! Poor little guy! I would also be SO tempted to pet him...I'm a sucker for animals. I love them too much for my own good :)

But he definitely looks better! I hope his eye isn't hurting him, and that it just kind of shrivels away on it's own. I'm wishing the best for him!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I have a little trick that I use to give my cats pills. I get deli roast beef, sliced thin. I tear off a piece, about the size of a quarter, place the pill in the center and roll it up into a little ball. They eat it in about two seconds.

Thank you for saving this boy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LA Jennifer, that is brilliant. Seriously.

Update on Grouchy,

I think being inside is really stressing him out. We have a fully enclosed patio. I think we're going to move him there (the nights are very mild) tomorrow. The bathroom is too strange for him.

He is DEFINITELY a Grumpy kiddo. Poor guy, he's had a rough time of it.

I think what happened is that his eye got infected. Then his depth perception changed and he hurt his tail. And then that affected his balance. So he couldn't hunt any more. That's why he was hanging around humans and showing himself.

Thank you all again for your support and concern. Hopefully moving him where he can see the sun and the sky will help his healing.

Much love to all.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Oh poor little grouchy. When my animals are sick and I'm getting medical care for them and they are hating it I always wish I could tell them it's for their own good lol.
Looks like he is in good hands, thanks for the update.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kylier|1479103613|4098093 said:
Oh poor little grouchy. When my animals are sick and I'm getting medical care for them and they are hating it I always wish I could tell them it's for their own good lol.
Looks like he is in good hands, thanks for the update.

I'll keep updating occasionally. I promise.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grumpy update.

He's healing well, I think. He's still very grouchy. But I think he's realized that in general we are taking care of him. That said, two short funny stories.

It's 4 am and I am sleeping but not deeply. I hear growling. LOUD growling. And I startle out of sleep thinking "OMG Lucy got the door open to the bathroom and it's cat-magedon!"

So I stand up and get ready to run over to the bathroom when I see the door is closed. "Huh".

As I am standing there husband lets out a snore. That sounds like a cat growl. Problem Solved.

-------------------------------------
Then yesterday Grumpy left the back of the kennel just before it was time for wet food (he has dry 24/7 and water) and sat at the front. I'm all, "John, the cat is plotting to escape."

He just gives me a look. I'm all, "He's feral, they are smart! I'm telling you he's trying to escape."

"So what do you want me to do about it," he says, "if he gets out of the kennel he's still in the bathroom, its not like he can get out."

"Here." I say handing him something.

"What on earth...." I had handed him a cookie sheet shield and a colander to scoop the cat up with.

He was not impressed.

Grumpy did not try to escape.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Sweet little grumpy cat.

Sending him get well soon vibes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh Gypsy those stories made me laugh outloud! I love grouchy cat, he is my new favorite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results