clarity

What have you chosen over bling?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ps. LLJsmom, I love the bag!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose a generator....lol Bling is pretty but it won't keep me out of the dark after a hurricane nor will it keep the refrigerator on. :P2

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bling is pretty way down on the list for me. Got other life goals to achieve, I could afford more bling if I went back to driving a m.o.t.r car and gave up horse riding lessons (which I started in August after not having ridden since I was 12 :lol-2: )

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well. I haven’t chosen a new tv. Lol. We have two that work just fine. Tho they are over 7 years old. Why fix them if they ain’t broke? To upgrade my viewing experience. The truth is I can’t seem to motivate myself to even begin to research them.
Also. I didn’t choose a high end purse. I used to be about purses. Then I discovered bling. I have an LV that I purchased in Paris using the VAT but I never carry it for fear of ruining it! Wtf! I know. So I was going to buy myself a preloved LV crossbody but my Art Deco bracelet won out. And now I’m contemplating upgrading my sidestones.
My travel and vacations all come from a different budget so I don’t ever compromise those for bling.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sewing is my passion..since high school days in the 1970s. People don’t realize what a strong industry it is. Find a “quilt shop” in your area and just take a look. I did not discover “quilting” until 2002 when we moved to a more rural area. Of course there are quilt shops in the large metro areas...I just had not discovered them. ... yet.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I covet a few bags that I "visit" when I hit the mall determined that I'm going home with one, but I haven't been able to convince myself & go home empty handed. I always think...$3500 (Can.) on a bag? You can buy diamonds, gems or settings for that kind of money. :confused2: So far, I've been holding steady with my Coach Rogue bags. The pebbled leather hides any scuffs pretty well & so I'm not traumatized wearing it. Plus, Coach has VIP sales from time to time & 50% off is more my style. :mrgreen2: I "visited' my watch for 6-8 mths before I bought it thinking, nope, never gonna drop that kind of money on a watch. Now I have 3 (and done). :roll2: I have to chill with the bling for the next year or so. Next on my list is a new car in the next couple of years as mine is 11yrs old. I can't drive a purse. ;)2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I don't usually want any new bling per se. I want a huge 3 carat OEC but that would be what? 40K and while my DH is a great guy, 40K for a stone? nope.. I understand this as we really aren't rich enough to blow 40K on a stone, we need a new car in a few and we don't like payments so that 40K would be a great Subaru Outback :) DH thinks no more than 8K on any jewelry really. if I win the lotter I will get a 4 carat OEC! ... as to bags, I like bags, I have 3 LVs, I have 2 coaches, 1 croc Brahamin, and 1 Longchamp Tote style bag from a few years ago, got that in Nice, it's my go to everyday bag or one of my LVs. I like purses and bling and cars and vacations so I just do what I can when I can, stockmarket REAL good I get something, stock market bad, nada. :)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to put in plantation shutters and new window treatments over upgrading to my dream 4ct ACA. No regrets as I am a nester above being a blinger. Antiques, art, and interiors will always be my first love. Maybe next year for the upgrade.

Next year is just a few days away! Lol, DH would kill me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results