carat
color
clarity

What have you chosen over bling?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Peeps!

I’m in a quandary. I fell in love with a bag and am essentially delaying a bling purchase because I am using some funds for this crazy bag. Have any of you guys committed this sin before? Regrets? I’m in love with this bag and it’s been a long time since I’ve fallen in love with one. Just wondering if I have company among the bling mad.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in somewhat of a similar quandary. I really really really want this Kelly 32cm in black crocodile. It is one of my HG's (haha, HG is supposed to be just the one). It's super expensive though and I still can't commit to it. I was this close to buying it but chose the VCA vintage pave bracelet instead.

I may grit my teeth and buy this bag or one of my other HG's (a black Birkin 30cm in crocodile and/ or a braise B30 in croco also). After all, I've spent enough on bling and yet still don't have a crocodile Hermes, much to my chagrin. I also almost committed to buying a B35 in bougainvillea in croco a good while ago but chickened out at the last minute - to this day, I still think about it.

If I were you, I'd just get the bag if you really love it. Q's I'd like to ask though: what piece or pieces of bling would you forfeit if you were to buy this bag? Could you still easily buy these bling pieces in the future? And is it a LE or difficult to obtain bag?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s that limited edition LV catogram. I love it and it’s very hard to get. The signature perlee will be around. But I have a tendency to hoard my purses and not use them much. I just bring them down and stare at them and then put them away. :roll2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s that limited edition LV catogram. I love it and it’s very hard to get. The signature perlee will be around. But I have a tendency to hoard my purses and not use them much. I just bring them down and stare at them and then put them away. :roll2:

Lol. Buy it and use it!!

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many things to list. Most had to be done and some I chose and don't regret as I would have never felt okay with myself if we didn't prioritize.

Currently, we are $$$$$ into a restoration project. It will be worth it in the end but I definitely see $$$$ that could have gotten most of my wish list!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do a little splurgy gift to myself every bday and last year I went with a bag over chipping away at a long list of wardrobe/accessories I wanted to update.

Not as fancy as an LV or Hermes so maybe less of a dilemma in my case. No regrets even though I don't use it frequently. It gives me the warm fuzzies. :kiss2:

I think purses, jewelry, etc are all frivolities at the end of the day so prioritize what will give you the most satisfaction even if it's not rational :)

bottega_d13f4ba7-fec4-4980-832a-7be041ad2a78_500x.jpg
(Someone else's photo but same model)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you going to do @Phoenix ?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to get the HG Hermes?

Haha, yes. I think so. Been obsessing for several years already.

You? I think you should keep the LV, if you really love it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yes. I think so. Been obsessing for several years already.

You? I think you should keep the LV, if you really love it.

I’m leaning toward it. :mrgreen2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watches and US coins. I have been trying to avoid surfing those two forums lately.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

I have darned' expensive habits - they take all the time & demand to be paid for too.

LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have chosen animal rescues over bling. They win every single time. But I am lucky because I am pretty satiated right now regarding bling and the animal rescue groups can never have too much help or money.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s that limited edition LV catogram. I love it and it’s very hard to get.

Get it get it get it!:love::bigsmile:
Living vicariously through you @LLJsmom. You know how much I want the limited edition LV catogram...8)

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Hi Peeps!

I’m in a quandary. I fell in love with a bag and am essentially delaying a bling purchase because I am using some funds for this crazy bag. Have any of you guys committed this sin before? Regrets? I’m in love with this bag and it’s been a long time since I’ve fallen in love with one. Just wondering if I have company among the bling mad.

A good bag is worth the money.

LV limited editions almost always hold their value. If you decide you don't like the catogram, you can sell it for a profit in a couple of years.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Phoenix Just your mention of MAGENTA got my attention. I so love the colour! (bags... see below)

@Dancing Fire 'guess I am living in a bag-free world too... nobody carries one around - unless they are carying someone else's papers ('saddled' - with a saddle bag some times)

_____
Jewelry feels right upfront like nothing else (esp - one ring.)

thinking out loud

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Arrgh...

'Guess I never call it 'Bougainvillier' unless it is the colour of a plant or of a Hermes bag.

Writing the post you quote, I was thinking of ruby/sapphire in this range of colour - near red.

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many Hermes bags

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A good bag is worth the money.

LV limited editions almost always hold their value. If you decide you don't like the catogram, you can sell it for a profit in a couple of years.

I know. They’re already on sale on eBay at a huge mark up. That really upsets me for some reason. And then the thought of returning it and making it available to someone else to buy it and resell for a profit really bugs me too. But honestly I don’t know if I will be able to work through my purse hoarding problem. I wear my jewelry on a daily basis without mental issues. I baby my bags immoderately. Then when it sits on my shelf unused I feel stupid and guilty for wasting money. Argh. I am so f’ed up in the head.
But honestly if asked which I like more it would be my bling goal item. But if asked about a bag, that would be my top bag, for now. I think I need to let my emotions calm down a bit so I can think more clearly.

P

PierreBear

pictures please so I can dream along side you @LLJsmom and @Phoenix
Not sure if this story helps you, LLJSmom but I can certainly relate. I was very close to buying my first Chanel purse. Even with DH approval, I had a hard time justifying it since I have other purses that I can use instead. I've never gone as high end as Chanel and am afraid that I would baby it as well and not use it like I do the others. You can prove me wrong though and show me how it's done, please! : )

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have chosen animal rescues over bling. They win every single time. But I am lucky because I am pretty satiated right now regarding bling and the animal rescue groups can never have too much help or money.

Missy - you are very very kind! And the animals appreciate it.

CAF

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly every mundane and practical thing comes before bling for me. Boring stuff. Stuff that does not fill me with joy. :P2 I often wonder why bling has SO MUCH appeal to me, because nothing else draws my attention like bling.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are luxury items so pick what you want. My personal choice is always bling. Purses go out of style, diamonds do not.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That’s funny! I love LV too, and also a hoarder! I have bought a Capucine a few weeks ago, and I barely use it. I love to look at it though!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are luxury items so pick what you want. My personal choice is always bling. Purses go out of style, diamonds do not.

I'm with you. I won't spend a ton of money on purses because mine always end up getting damaged. I had coffee spilled down one of mine (my sister gifts me with designer purses as she can't stand my tendency to buy a generic one and use it until it falls apart). It stained and has never come out. Jewelry doesn't typically show as much wear and tear...

But if you love the purse and you can afford it without having to forgo anything important, get the purse.

ETA: my bling budget has gone to paying off the mortgage and into retirement savings. Every time I save up enough to buy myself something significant, I feel guilty about spending so much money on something trivial, and end up putting it towards the 'practical' stuff. We will be way further ahead in the long run because of it, but man I hate being thrifty sometimes.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Expensive vacation. That’s probably it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results