shape
carat
color
clarity

What happen to the smaller size diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jus10

Rough_Rock
I'm a newbie to diamonds. I researched them about a year ago and understand the 4 C's and the details of each. Its slowly coming back. Anyway, a year ago I could search websites and find plenty of .5 carat and smaller diamonds in a wide range of qualities. For example (I got this from a post that dated back 10 months ago on a forum) "http://www.pricescope.com has a .41 ct., G, VS2 with a GIA report listed for $631. There are other stones in that price range too." Now I can do a search and get no or very few results. It's the same way with other popular online dealers. What am I missing? Where do I look? Thanks a bunch!

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I just did a search on Pricescope for .20-.50; VS2-SI1; G-H in color for round brilliant diamonds and got around 20 pages of results.

DGer

Rough_Rock
Truthfully, a larger diamond is the smartest as I have a 1.00 that I got in my 20's and now that I'm 60, I would prefer a much larger diamond. My preference, of course!:lickout:

Jus10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I'm not shooting for big. I want a nice smaller size diamond. Around a .41 marquise. I'm sure I'll have the rest of my life to ponder a larger diamond, but right now its the thought behind it. Besides, she would probably kill me if she knew I spent a whole lot on a diamond for her. As of now I'm just looking for a loose diamond like mentioned above to put in a platinum setting (maybe with side stones, haven't looked into that yet). I would like to think I could do all that for around a thousand. I'm focusing more on how to do it... (her dream get away to the beach :razz:) She would literally be thrilled with diamond dust in a setting as long as those 4 faithful words followed the unveiling of the ring. If you could point me in the right direction (to the diamond or advice on what to do I would be very greatful. Thanks again to those who replied and those who will.

hbright

Rough_Rock
Did you check out pricescope? I did a search and found quite a lot.

For about a thousand you should find plenty of quality stones around .4-.5 carats.

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
It may just be your timing, I think a lot of smaller diamonds get sold around the holidays and valentine's day.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I found this diamond on Pricescope. It is from Whiteflash.com.
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=321703

Marquise
Carat .48
Color G
Clarity SI1

If you mention Pricescope you can get it for $818. I have bought from Whiteflash.com and was very pleased.

I think that part of your problem is that you are searching for a Marquise diamond. You might want to consider a round diamond. There are a lot more round diamonds to choose from and from what I have read they sparkle more than the fancy shape cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results