Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What happen to the smaller size diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jus10

Rough_Rock
I'm a newbie to diamonds. I researched them about a year ago and understand the 4 C's and the details of each. Its slowly coming back. Anyway, a year ago I could search websites and find plenty of .5 carat and smaller diamonds in a wide range of qualities. For example (I got this from a post that dated back 10 months ago on a forum) "http://www.pricescope.com has a .41 ct., G, VS2 with a GIA report listed for $631. There are other stones in that price range too." Now I can do a search and get no or very few results. It's the same way with other popular online dealers. What am I missing? Where do I look? Thanks a bunch!

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I just did a search on Pricescope for .20-.50; VS2-SI1; G-H in color for round brilliant diamonds and got around 20 pages of results.

DGer

Rough_Rock
Truthfully, a larger diamond is the smartest as I have a 1.00 that I got in my 20's and now that I'm 60, I would prefer a much larger diamond. My preference, of course!:lickout:

Jus10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I'm not shooting for big. I want a nice smaller size diamond. Around a .41 marquise. I'm sure I'll have the rest of my life to ponder a larger diamond, but right now its the thought behind it. Besides, she would probably kill me if she knew I spent a whole lot on a diamond for her. As of now I'm just looking for a loose diamond like mentioned above to put in a platinum setting (maybe with side stones, haven't looked into that yet). I would like to think I could do all that for around a thousand. I'm focusing more on how to do it... (her dream get away to the beach :razz:) She would literally be thrilled with diamond dust in a setting as long as those 4 faithful words followed the unveiling of the ring. If you could point me in the right direction (to the diamond or advice on what to do I would be very greatful. Thanks again to those who replied and those who will.

hbright

Rough_Rock
Did you check out pricescope? I did a search and found quite a lot.

For about a thousand you should find plenty of quality stones around .4-.5 carats.

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
It may just be your timing, I think a lot of smaller diamonds get sold around the holidays and valentine's day.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I found this diamond on Pricescope. It is from Whiteflash.com.
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=321703

Marquise
Carat .48
Color G
Clarity SI1

If you mention Pricescope you can get it for $818. I have bought from Whiteflash.com and was very pleased.

I think that part of your problem is that you are searching for a Marquise diamond. You might want to consider a round diamond. There are a lot more round diamonds to choose from and from what I have read they sparkle more than the fancy shape cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.