shape
carat
color
clarity

What gives you the hump? No caring or sharing allowed in here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:52:51 AM
Author: HollyS
Dislikes, Peeves, Things I Just Might Go Postal Over:

My loud workplace. Car dealerships are notorious for this blatant display of crassness: loud stereo music piped through speakers, loud PA systems, loud-ass salesmen entertaining each other when they''re bored, showroom and waiting room televisions at top volume, the constantly ringing phone, the perpetually perturbed service manager freaking out about not having enough help . . . . I could go on, and on, and on. We are in desperate need of Zen where I work.

Loud people. Anywhere, anytime. Nothing is ever funny enough to shriek over, nothing is ever important enough to yell into your cell phone; nobody is interested in your frikkin'' life, so pipe down, okay?
20.gif

Obnoxious children and the parents who spawn them.
38.gif
I could elaborate. I''ll just say this, unless they are cute and charming, I don''t want to see them, hear them, eat near them, sit in a theater, church, or auditorium anywhere close to them. I will ask to be seated away from kids at a restaurant. And nothing gets me riled quite like seeing a small child at a very expensive, very swanky, should be adults only, restaurant. Get a sitter or stay home. I don''t want to endure your little monkey if I''m paying through the nose for my swank. (I do fully expect to see children at the grocery store, Wal-Mart, and McDonald''s. That''s okay. But not at midnight, understand?)

Bad drivers. That means about 85 percent of the drivers on the road. They make me apoplectic. And I have to drive 100 miles round trip every day. I''m very much in touch with my inner road rage demon. Yelling is great therapy, but passengers get frightened.
11.gif

Cell phone usage in bathrooms. OMG. This is the height of rudeness. I hope if you do it, you drop it in the john.

The neighborhood barking dogs. Every morning, same time. Barking is like people yelling; do you yell at your neighbors? ''HELLO!'' So why can''t those darn dogs just meet at the back fence and sniff each others naughty bits and be done with it? Why the BARK BARK BARK, ARF ARF ARF, for 10 minutes every morning? I know they''re excited to see each other, but gee whiz, don''t they know it''s Saturday?

I''m sure there''s more. I''m quite the curmudgeon sometimes.
Okay I really hate the barking dogs thing.

THe neighbors dog barks ALL DAY long and in particular ALL MORNING LONG EVERY MORNING! This in turn sets my dog off and 7am they''re all going nuts. I have a citronella collar on my dog in the mornings to train him not to bark and have for years, he goes through waves though, train him not to bark then the neighbor dogs will set him off then we go through the cycle again. It makes me insane. I tried to call the local police to file a noise complaint (that''s who handles these complaints where I live) but unless they can come out (whenever that may be) and hear the dogs bark for 30 minutes straight they can''t do anything about it. These particular neighbors are across the back fence of my apartment, they aren''t the friendliest people either and the guy who lives there is scary. A neighbor of mine tried to deal with it once and it didn''t go so well. Suffice to say I''ve been living with this for going on year 7 now. They even got a second and third dog to add to the symphony. And to top it all off when the dogs all go the lady that lives there screams out the backdoor for them to shut up, and this goes on day after day after day.

ARGH!!!! I mean how the heck can these people not a) think this is inconsiderate and b) not lose their minds listening to their dogs bark all day?? At LEAST they don''t bark all night. Or maybe it would be better if they did, that would get more people on their case probably.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:54:28 PM
Author: musey
I really dislike when people attempt to 'correct' me on something that is not within their area of expertise, but is within mine. It puts me in the awkward position of having to keep my mouth shut while thinking 'you know, I really would know better than you would.' Doesn't happen very often, thank goodness.
DITTO. Don't get me started.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:39:18 AM
Author: swedish bean
I hate people on bikes (in my area specifically)

Bikes are fun, great and don''t require gas! Oh, they''re great for the environment.

But:

- People ride them like IDIOTS. HI! I''m in a car! I COULD KILL YOU! Jerk! Watch where you''re going!
- They want to be on the road with cars but don''t obey ANY road laws (lights, stop signs..) hmm they''re there for a reason!
- I''m not kidding when I say this, several times there have been these traffic type parties where groups of bicyclists go on the road. They proceed to an intersection and do circles in it (say, like 7-15 people). That way, NO ONE can go. I''ve also seen them pull up in a line and just stop on their bikes in the intersection so YET AGAIN no one can go. This went on for several lights. So yeah, I really hate these damn people (where I live).
- They feel the need to wear black at night an have no lights. If you''re on the road WHERE CARS ARE (and even dark cars have LIGHTS SO YOU CAN SEE THEM) then how much sense does it make to be almost invisible. Again, I have a car that could kill you! I can be careful and everything, but when you don''t stop for stop signs, go through red lights, you''re really fighting against me here.

Oh and then when one of these people actually get hit by a car, they wonder why and complain about it.

And the last reason. MY taxes go to fixing the road etc. They don''t have tabs to pay for or whatever. Yet, I''m supposed to drive 20 below the speed limit because they lolly daddle down the road, or risk going around them and killing them. This is a major issue where I am, as the roads are NARROW, there isn''t extra room for them to be on the side of the road, they are IN the road.
29.gif
DITTO DITTO DITTO. Every last word (except the part where I pay tax to fix the road because I don''t...yet. When I do, I''ll be annoyed with that too.

We live by the University, and FI works there too, so we will take usually at least 2 trips a day over there. The most direct route is an extremely narrow 2 lane street. There are ALWAYS people on bikes here. And the sidewalks suck, so they are in the road. Our 2 mile trip to his office will take exactly 6 minutes when there aren''t any bicyclists. When there are? TEN MINUTES.

WTF?!?!?!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

And I have to say that I live in an INCREDIBLY bike friendly city. There are bike lanes EVERYWHERE. Just not on this particular road. And really, it should be a single lane with a bike lane instead of a two lane...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. So...

--I hate bicyclists.
--I hate people who shoot their mouths off and think they know more than I do about something I KNOW I know more than they do.
--I hate drama. And don''t involve me.
--I hate people who cut you off just to step on their brakes. It''s even worse if you think they are cutting you off to pull into a turning lane, and then they KEEP GOING STRAIGHT.
--I hate people who think they know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. You don''t. Shut it.
--I hate it when people don''t say "Thank you." It''s two words. Get some freaking manners.
--I hate it when my dad doesn''t call me to let me know he''s safe. He''s almost all I''ve got now, and I want to know that he''s ok.
--I hate that I''m running out of room in my closet for new shoes.
--I hate it when my favorite shows take a week break (Ahem, HOUSE).

I know there are more. I''m tired. And cranky.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ok so this is a bit weird, but for the last hour, I''ve been tagging faces on my Picasa album (and there are a LOT - I like taking pictures).

So I hate it when Picasa keeps tagging my boob as a face! I kid you not. Of course, it''s clothed, but still, it''s not supposed to think that it''s my face. Or anyone else''s face.

And about 1000 of the 6000 faces I''ve been tagging are random Japanese people in the background (from this summer in Tokyo).

I wish I''d never started tagging faces...
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:49:04 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

I HATE when people ask me ''YOUR 27?!?!
6.gif
6.gif
You only look 20''
20.gif

That happens to me all the time and it drives me mad too
29.gif
29.gif

It really annoys me when people are cruel to animals-makes me so angry.

People who stand around talking at the table where the milk etc is in college. When you finish making your tea, move on and let the crowd of people behind you get in to do the same.

The waiting for the doctor thing drives me mad too-I''ve never been seen on time. In fact the last time I think that she must have been on her coffee break at the time my appointment was as I could hear them all laughing and joking. I only want a prescription-surely I shouldn''t have to take an hour out of my day for that

Parents who let them kids do whatever they like, even if it''s interferring with other people

I hate the fact that no matter how much I work out, I''ll never have amazing legs-damn genetics!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
more mainstream things I can''t stand:

1) Talkers in the movie theater.
2) Rude people in stores, parking lots, etc.
3) Parents who don''t bother to keep their kids under control, and still bring them into public places
4) Children kicking the back of my plane seat, and babies/children crying/screaming on the flight (I know it''s not their fault - at least the babies - but it still drives me nuts)
5) People who think they know better...in everything
6) People who are condescending
7) People who can''t admit that they''re ever wrong

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot some and Bee* and BEG reminded me.

--I hate movie texters. (AHEM, FSIL...)
--I also hate people who are cruel to animals. I love animals and my world would be a crappy place without them. One of my exes kicked my dog (Judge) who was 12 at the time, and my mom witnessed it but never said anything. Then she found out that I had broken up with him and told me. If she had told me sooner, I would have broken up with him immediately. Gah. He was a freaking LOSER. Big fat regret in dating him right there.

Date: 2/24/2009 2:16:28 AM
Author: heraanderson

Chatty people in the movie theatre. The other day I went to see Coraline in the movie theatre. Now, I expect children to be somewhat chatty so I relax and brace myself. Instead, the PARENTS of a ten year old started chatting incessantly. After twenty minutes, I asked them to be quite so I could enjoy the movie. I was polite and thanked them but they got all huffy saying things like, ''You should wait for the video'' and ''Your welcome'' in a huffy voice. So The mother blows her nose really hard and throws the tissue into my hair. I almost lost it (I''m a germ phobe) and confronted them, where they laughed and she said she missed the floor. I did throw it back and it landed in their nachos. It didn''t phase them though because they started to chomp loudly on their nachos.
Now, I must say, my behavior of throwing it back is normally not in my repertoire of behavior and I still do feel kind of childish over it. That being said, I just decided to leave and get my money back. I told the box office and one of them felt adamant about telling them to be quiet. The father came out and started arguing that he had a right to talk and defending the fact that he was allowed to throw trash on the floor. It was a horrible experience for me, but worse, I feel bad that a child has to be raised by such foul people.
OMG!!! That''s terrible! I''d be upset too... I am a movie "snob" I hate talking during movings and people that do THAT stuff. Im so sorry you had to deal with people like that!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I currently hate one of my co workers - I don''t like to admit it, but I do. She''s lazy, slow, rude, condescending, ignorant and a dobber and a brown noser.
I feel mean just saying it, but she is completely the spare wheel in our team, and really drags the moral down. Plus now she knows I don''t like her, so she''s always trying to find things to complain to the manager about me
20.gif
Good luck sweety, lol..

Ok, so this is also going to sound bad - but I hate it when elderly people use their age as an excuse to be rude or mean to strangers/ behave like they don''t understand when they really do / get unnecessary sympathy for no good reason / push in front of you in lines...
14.gif

Yes, you''re elderly and yes you deserve our respect, but please don''t behave so entitled to it!
Ok, that sounded really bitter, I''m sorry *hangs head in shame"...please understand I don''t mean elderly folks in general, just the ones that do those silly things!
*ducks from flying mothballs and walkers*
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 6:12:44 AM
Author: arjunajane

I currently hate one of my co workers - I don''t like to admit it, but I do. She''s lazy, slow, rude, condescending, ignorant and a dobber and a brown noser.
I feel mean just saying it, but she is completely the spare wheel in our team, and really drags the moral down. Plus now she knows I don''t like her, so she''s always trying to find things to complain to the manager about me
20.gif
Good luck sweety, lol..

Ok, so this is also going to sound bad - but I hate it when elderly people use their age as an excuse to be rude or mean to strangers/ behave like they don''t understand when they really do / get unnecessary sympathy for no good reason / push in front of you in lines...
14.gif

Yes, you''re elderly and yes you deserve our respect, but please don''t behave so entitled to it!

Ok, that sounded really bitter, I''m sorry *hangs head in shame''...please understand I don''t mean elderly folks in general, just the ones that do those silly things!
3.gif
What is a dobber please Bruddah?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 7:50:39 PM
Author: Haven

I HATE when waitresses call me sweetie as if I''m 3 years old (it''s ok when PS''ers call me sweetie though
2.gif
)

Similarly, I really hate it when men say ''Where''s that beautiful smile? Let''s see those pearly whites!'' or something along those lines. I am 28 years old. I will not smile unless I feel like it. Back off.
9.gif
Oh how I hate that one too!! I look naturally serious, it doesn''t mean I am miserable and even if I was annoyed or upset about it, so what???
20.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 6:14:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

Ha ha bruddah,
as in to "dob" people in to the boss, in other words to tattle-tale!
38.gif

Hrmm..didn''t know that was a weird one!
5.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh...

I hate people who leave big messes at their tables when eatting at a "fast food" place...I want to scream, clean up after yourself!!!!

I hate people who feel a sense of entitlement...like their life and time is so much more important than mine!

I hate people who flat our lie and think you''re to stupid to figure out it''s b.s! I''d rather hear any truth than a lie.

I hate people who send you to voicemail, or worse yet, pick up the phone and hang it up on you without saying anything! How rude...just silence the ringer.

I hate when people are working yet act inconvienced when you ask them a question related to their specific job (i.e: Me to the sales associate: "Do you have anymore in the back?"....SA to me while rolling her eyes and acting like I''d asked the same question one million times: "if it''s not on the floor, than noooo".)

I hate when people try to haggle at already good deals...like when you''ve marked a book at a garage sale for $.05 and they ask if they can have it for a penny...are you kidding me? OR when I was selling my solid oak dinner table for $40.00 (it was less than a year old) and this woman tried to convince me to sell it to her for $5.00. No kidding.
emotion-18.gif
if you''re so hard up for 5 cents or even forty bucks, you probably shouldn''t be buying junk at a garage sale!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 7:29:47 AM

Ha ha bruddah,
as in to ''dob'' people in to the boss, in other words to tattle-tale!
38.gif

Hrmm..didn''t know that was a weird one!
5.gif
LOL! Thanks Bruddah! Being a Cindy Brady then ( before your time dear!!!
9.gif
)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 6:12:44 AM

20.gif
Good luck sweety, lol..

14.gif

Ok, that sounded really bitter, I''m sorry *hangs head in shame''...please understand I don''t mean elderly folks in general, just the ones that do those silly things!

3.gif

lol-I was thinking the same! Thanks for explaining AJ!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My dad has a friend who is a self-appointed authority on everything. He will tell you that you are wrong, and then proceed to correct your statement. Never mind that you might be relaying an actual life experience, no - no - no, he knows better. Why he is a ''friend'' of my Dad after 20+ years of this crap, well, maybe Dad likes the squabbling; I don''t know.

I have a friend who must always be in crisis. Honest to Pete; what is with the person who refuses to be happy, even for a moment? What do they get out of that nonsense? And why must they share? I''ve taken to avoiding her socially. So have other people who have known her for decades. What a shame.
38.gif

I''ve worked with the public in the retail sector for most of my job experience. I can tell you for certain, there are more ugly people than nice people presenting the face of John Q. Public. It has made me very aware of how I treat sales reps, cashiers, and waiters/waitresses. These people have been on their feet most of the day, have endured their boss and hundreds of a-holes like you, and still have that smile plastered on their face after 12 hours. Cut them some slack and be pleasant. They love to see me at my local Starbucks, grocery store, restaurant. They know I''m going to be sweet and tip if it''s appropriate. God knows, I hate getting a cranky gal or a bully of a guy when I''m on the other end. You just want to say "Smile; it isn''t painful, okay?"

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:35:22 AM
Author: HollyS
My dad has a friend who is a self-appointed authority on everything. He will tell you that you are wrong, and then proceed to correct your statement. Never mind that you might be relaying an actual life experience, no - no - no, he knows better. Why he is a ''friend'' of my Dad after 20+ years of this crap, well, maybe Dad likes the squabbling; I don''t know.

I have a friend who must always be in crisis. Honest to Pete; what is with the person who refuses to be happy, even for a moment? What do they get out of that nonsense? And why must they share? I''ve taken to avoiding her socially. So have other people who have known her for decades. What a shame.
38.gif

I''ve worked with the public in the retail sector for most of my job experience. I can tell you for certain, there are more ugly people than nice people presenting the face of John Q. Public. It has made me very aware of how I treat sales reps, cashiers, and waiters/waitresses. These people have been on their feet most of the day, have endured their boss and hundreds of a-holes like you, and still have that smile plastered on their face after 12 hours. Cut them some slack and be pleasant. They love to see me at my local Starbucks, grocery store, restaurant. They know I''m going to be sweet and tip if it''s appropriate. God knows, I hate getting a cranky gal or a bully of a guy when I''m on the other end. You just want to say ''Smile; it isn''t painful, okay?''
Amen, Holly! I, too, have been in retail for many years and have had SO many frustrating interactions with customers! Now, I have also been out shopping and encountered my fair share of rude sales associates, to be fair. But I have to say-
*This is a public place, I get it, but please respect that people WORK here and are held accountable to keeping it looking nice and providing all of our customers with great service. YOU are not the only person in the store, your CHILD is running around breaking things, disturbing other customers, and dropping Cheerios/Fish all over the floor (which you just ran over with the stroller)...and PLEASE get off your cell phone while I try to ring you up! Oh, and I understand that you''ve been using that item for a year and have just now decided that you don''t like it after all, but NO I can not give you your money back. There is nothing wrong with the item other than you''ve worn it out and just don''t like it anymore. This is not a library- you can''t check it out and then just bring it back when you are done with it. (And through all this, I am sweet as pie because not only is it my job, but I am the manager so I am setting the example for all of my associates. They have NO IDEA I feel this way. Phew- it feels good to vent it out!)
FWIW- I understand that kids can be difficult, and plenty of our customers have kids that are the cutest and most well-behaved kids ever and we LOVE when they come in, but other parents just don''t pay attention, don''t keep their kids in check, and seem to think that the rest of the world should just deal with it
29.gif
. I''m not talking about a child who''s nap has just been pushed back a bit- I''m talking crazy out of control bratty kids.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
since you asked: people who complain about others and don''t see their own short comings, people who only befriend those who they think will get the approval of the in crowd, people who hate, people who think their opinion is the only one anyone should be interested in, discrimination of any kind, people who refuse to follow manners and polite behavior but expect it from others and dirty mouths who use foul language conversationally.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:22:24 PM
Author:Steel

So here goes another ''What makes you fly into an almighty, seeing red, steam pouring out of your ears, blood boiling rage?''
The other morning I was driving in to work and already late. After getting out of the express pass lane, about 4 lanes had to merge into one and it was taking some time. Everyone was being courteous towards one another...except for this one lady that we''ll call MegaB (I''m sure you all can guess what the B stands for
17.gif
).

MegaB was next to me and we had a red truck and a white car in front of us. So MegaB needed to let red truck man in because otherwise he would have been pushed off into the grass. But you see MegaB is wayyyy too good to let someone in front of her. So she gets really close to the car in front of her and starts cursing this guy out. The guy was like "ok lady" and backs off because he knew I would let him in. You think that would be the end of it right?

Not for MegaB.

She slows down and leaves a gap between herself and the car in front and then tells red truck man "go ahead" so he thinks ok, I''ll go. As soon as he did, she sped up and cut him off and in the process hits her mirror against his mirror. Red truck man, who was far more patient than I would have been, finally gets angry and drives up a little and hits her side mirror with his hand. Not hard but enough to release whatever tension he was feeling.

So what does MegaB do? She calls the cops. That''s right. She called Florida Highway Patrol. At this point she had merged to the left and red truck man kept driving on the road. FHP is so nearby (this was a major highway) that they were there quickly. I can see in my side view mirror that she was describing what the man did to her car.

I was so upset and furious with her behavior, that I merged to the left, hit reverse, and was 2 hours late giving my statement to the cops. I just couldn''t let it go. I needed to make sure that the cops knew that entire scene was her fault and completely provoked by her.

And it felt great
11.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:39:10 AM
Author: bee*

6.gif
6.gif
You only look 20''
20.gif

29.gif
29.gif
Yeah...just wait until you pull out your ID for alcohol and the server says "I don''t need to see it"
39.gif

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock

Here''s my story...

I''ve been at my job for a little under three years and nothing has changed since then. I have this coworker who eats Doritos’s every day for lunch at the same hour. That''s not the problem. My problem is that I can hear him at the other end of the office eating his freaking Doritos’s. Now sometimes people forget to chew/eat with their mouths closed, but this is utterly ridiculous!!!!!! He has been working here for over 10 years and he has always done it. I don''t know why he won''t stop even though people tell him he''s being rude!!!!! One day we were at a staff meeting luncheon and while my boss was speaking, you can hear him crunch on his chips. I wanted to just run! It is disgusting!!!!!

-So I guess mine is when people have no manners and chew/eat with their mouths open!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:38:44 AM
Author: fieryred33143
Date: 2/24/2009 4:39:10 AM

Author: bee*

6.gif
6.gif
You only look 20''
20.gif

29.gif
29.gif

Yeah...just wait until you pull out your ID for alcohol and the server says ''I don''t need to see it''
39.gif

lol! I remember the first time we went to Orlando and I was about 21 and there were signs up all over this restaurant that if you look under 30, they''ll ask for id. I got mine ready to show her and she just waved my hand away and said that she didn''t need it. I was annoyed then too!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I hate it when people I don't know touch me. I DON'T KNOW YOU, SO DON'T TOUCH ME! My body is mine, so what gives you the bloody right to touch me just because you want to. Sure, to you a pat on the shoulder doesn't mean much, but I'm a PERFECT STRANGER and you feel the need to TOUCH ME? I DON'T THINK SO. I do not want you to touch me, you weird old man, or strange lady in the grocery store. It does not endear you to me, or make me feel like this place is homey and family-oriented. It makes me feel like you're all a bunch of CREEPERS.

I also do not like people assuming they know my religious beliefs, or talking incessantly about theirs. I do not like that within 5 minutes of meeting me, people feel they have the right to ask where I go to church. Next time somebody does that to me, I'm going to tell them I'm a baby-eating athiest. That way they won't feel the need to ask the "I've known you for ten minutes, so we're intimate pals" follow up question: "Are you married? I bet you can't wait to be a mom." SURPRISE. I can wait. I can wait a long time. I could even go my WHOLE LIFE without having kids, especially if they're like your snotty brat of a child that is screaming at you for ice cream as you patronize me.

I dislike people that have children or animals without the ability to take good care of them. Just feeding them and giving them a place to live isn't enough.

I hate drivers that cut through the bike lane. Guess what? I'm a responsible rider. My clothing is bright. I have a light if I ride at night. I wear a helmet and ride in the bike lane. SO STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE. Yeah, you can kill me, THAT'S WHY I'M ALL THE WAY OVER HERE. Jerks. My choices are to risk running over pedestrians or getting killed. Fabulous. No wonder I freak out anytime BF goes on a bike ride.

I hate teenagers with expensive cars that think it makes them better than everybody. Yeah, you're 17 and got a Lexus. WhooptiFREAKINGdoo. Leather seats make you SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE. I'm so glad you learned that now. Next life lesson: how to cheat the world out of millions and run away to a small, private island. Because how dare those peons not realize YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEY ARE becauase you've NEVER DRIVEN A FORD. Guess what? I freaking love my Ford, and my life and happiness aren't worth less than yours because I'm not driving a $30,000 car.

ETA: Wow, apparently I have issues, lol. Thanks for letting me get that out.

Also, my dad didn't believe him about the touching/church thing. Two days ago we went to look at used cars, and the guy kept talking about church and touching my dad for emphasis. It was all I could do not to laugh. And also, not to punch the guy.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I thought of another one (sorry if it''s been said already, I didn''t read through the whole thread)

Story-toppers. You know them. You tell a story about how you found $5 on the bus, or whatever. Then they proceed to tell you that one time they found an envelope FULL of money on the street, or at the bar, etc. I know a few of those people
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:15:49 AM
Author: Lynnie
Ooh, I thought of another one (sorry if it''s been said already, I didn''t read through the whole thread)

Story-toppers. You know them. You tell a story about how you found $5 on the bus, or whatever. Then they proceed to tell you that one time they found an envelope FULL of money on the street, or at the bar, etc. I know a few of those people
20.gif
Okay, yeah, that''s bad, but the worst is when you get somebody who THINKS their story tops yours but....

11.gif
3.gif
2.gif

I couldn''t resist. Feel free to touch my shoulder now.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i believe in sharing the roads with bicyclists, but definitely agree that cyclists who break traffic laws are infuriating. especially riding in the wrong direction on a one-way street: one morning on my way to work, i was crossing a one-way street on foot. i looked in the direction from which traffic was coming, and when all was clear, i stepped off the curb - and got hit by a bicyclist driving the wrong way! the latte i was carrying ended up all over me, and i had a huge bruise on my leg for days. i guess i''m lucky it wasn''t worse... and now i always look both ways before crossing even a one-way street - but come on!
29.gif

another that comes to mind is when acquaintances run into each other at the supermarket or a shop, stand chatting in the doorway making it difficult for people to enter and exit, and then give the stink eye when you say "excuse me" to get past them!!
20.gif

oh, and one last thing... when a dining companion at a restaurant places an order without saying "please" or fails to say "thank you" when their food is brought, water is filled, or plates are cleared. it''s embarrassing to be sharing a table with someone who lacks common courtesy!
32.gif
[/i]

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
This one is weird... I hate being touched anywhere I have exposed tendons... Like the crook of my arm or knee, or my neck. It literally makes me cringe and sends chills down my spine!

I hate... I mean REALLY HATE hearing people eat. Crunching of any type of salad, chip, whatever makes my skin crawl. I despise commercials where they are trying to advertise how crunchy something is (a cereal commercial comes to mind) and I have to hear them crunch. EEEEk.

I get really tired of "one uppers." Any story you tell, they either had something SO much better or SO much worse happen to them.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh.. and one thing my mom does.. OK, I hate voicemails. I avoid listening to them. I have told my mom that if I see her missed call I will call her back as soon as possible. She should only leave me a message if it is to tell me something important.

Every. Single. Day. I get a message from her, "Hey OU it''s Mom! Call me back."

When will she learn?

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:01:12 AM
Author: princesss
I hate it when people I don''t know touch me. I DON''T KNOW YOU, SO DON''T TOUCH ME! My body is mine, so what gives you the bloody right to touch me just because you want to. Sure, to you a pat on the shoulder doesn''t mean much, but I''m a PERFECT STRANGER and you feel the need to TOUCH ME? I DON''T THINK SO. I do not want you to touch me, you weird old man, or strange lady in the grocery store. It does not endear you to me, or make me feel like this place is homey and family-oriented. It makes me feel like you''re all a bunch of CREEPERS.

princess, i hear you on the touching thing! i was in a line somewhere, and the woman in front of me stepped back and knocked into me. no big deal had she just apologized, but in addition she decided to rub my arm and give it a little squeeze. nothing says "whoops sorry" for unwelcome physical contact like.... more awkward and unwelcome physical contact!
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results