shape
carat
color
clarity

What gives you the hump? No caring or sharing allowed in here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
In homage to our beloved PS''ers who are overdosing on caring and sharing, I propose a thread where being crabby, grumpy and tetchy is the order of the day.

So here goes another "What makes you fly into an almighty, seeing red, steam pouring out of your ears, blood boiling rage?"

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of my recent favourites.

Ever gone to the grocery store and looked in the appropriate aisle for an item and not found it. Then searched for a member of staff to ask if they know if the store has any more in stock. The SA then walks you back to the same aisle you were just in and looks at the shelf you just looked at and says "nope, sold out". Hell''s bells, I know it is sold out. If it had been on the shelf, would I have gone looking for you? Then you ask, well do you think you might have X in the store room? Only to be told - "I dunno, we only stock the shelves at night".
20.gif
I was so sorry I asked.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad drivers, drivers who are on the cellphone or texting while driving and driving 10 miles under the speed limit. People on the cellphone in the grocery store when you need that one item they are parked in front of while yapping about uber personal stuff.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate it when I'm at work, surrounded by a bunch of people who act like they're out to prove something. Going on and on about how they've done this that and the other thing, and then pausing for dramatic effect, waiting for people to say "Wow! Really? I'm so impressed!"

20.gif

I always play myself green, downplay any and all accomplishments, act as though I'm new and still in awe of everything. I find that people always respond better to that than "I did ________ last week, isn't that impressive?"

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Drivers:

1. Who are unwilling or incapable of using indicators.
2. Who do not know how to use round-a-bouts; they have lanes for a reason folks!
3. Who do not understand what or where the blind-spot is.
4. Who say "I never saw you" when they should say "I never looked".
5. Who feel cyclists and motorcyclists are just target practice.
6. Who pay a fortune in Road Tax for roads with more pot-holes than road.
7. Who do not use seatbelts.
8. Who do not make their children use seatbelts.
9. Who choose to overtake at the worst possible moment risking other road users.
10. Who scratch your parked car when they open their car door.
11. Who refuse to turn on their lights at dusk/in fog. (Are they afraid to wear them out?)
12. Who refuse to obey red lights.
13. Who splash pedestrians on rainy days (grrr).
14. Who double park - because they are "just" doing something, they feel able to inconvenience the rest of the road users by blocking a lane.
15. Who park right on a corner making turning very difficult.
16. Who try to give your bumper a gynaecological exam while you are driving (ever hear of the 2 second rule; hell even bad girls expect you to buy them a drink before you can get that close).
17. Who honk back.
18. Who drive under the influence - worst ever.

(Exhale....I feel better)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I HATE with a passion when people have to correct me on something....

I HATE the guy who follows too closely in their car and has to hurry up and pass at first chance only to sit at a red light...

I HATE when I'm at the grocery store and if I'm in someone's way, they just stand there stupid with their shopping carts looking at me waiting for me to move. Do they not know how to say "Excuse me..."

I HATE when waitresses call me sweetie as if I'm 3 years old (it's ok when PS'ers call me sweetie though
2.gif
)

I HATE when I go to Ulta to buy something that's on sale that the never flipping have! And every SINGLE time I inquire about it I get their pissy little attitudes...punks!

I HATE when you drive down a residential street and people stare at you when you go by like they've just seen bigfoot or something...

I HATE how people put duct tape on their vehicles instead of just going to get them fixed....

I HATE when people ask me "YOUR 27?!?!
6.gif
6.gif
You only look 20"
20.gif

I also HATE when people ALWAYS ask me when I'm getting married. As if I knew, I'm not the one going to propose...

I HATE with a passion bratty, loud, screamy, snotty kids in stores and restaurants. Don't their parents know how to keep them under control?

I LOVE this thread however. Lewis Black is my favorite comedian. Maybe now you can see why.....I feel better now...thanks
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:42:46 PM
Author: Steel
Drivers:

14. Who double park - because they are 'just' doing something, they feel able to inconvenience the rest of the road users by blocking a lane.
#5 - Okay, while I agree this is bad, I have to say that I HATE motorcyclists. They are so rude - driving in-between lanes to get through clogged traffic, cutting people off, etc. In my city, at least. I had one driving in between lanes next to me once, and he knocked my side mirror forward!

#14 - OMG this happens at our busy grocery store all the time. The parking lot is tiny and sucks, but if everyone else is being courteous and waiting for a parking spot, why can't you?? Grr.

Date: 2/23/2009 6:49:04 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Because you don't like someone pointing out that you're wrong, or because you feel that you're right and they're incorrect in their "correction?"

I really dislike when people attempt to "correct" me on something that is not within their area of expertise, but is within mine. It puts me in the awkward position of having to keep my mouth shut while thinking "you know, I really would know better than you would." Doesn't happen very often, thank goodness.

I HATE how people put duct tape on their vehicles instead of just going to get them fixed....
As someone who recently paid over $1000 for car maintenance on a car that's likely only worth about 3 times that... I have to say I can't blame these people.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I went to the movies the other day. The woman behind us had a remark for each scene. It really was annoying. She kept talking and talking. I turned around and looked at her, she said what are you looking at...
29.gif

At the supermarket, the one I have gone to for 20 years plus. I was chatting with my check out lady while her customer had to get an item. It was Cascade Detergent buy one get one free. Since all his bags were packed, I nicely put them in his cart for him. He was an elderly gent, but not ancient. Anyway, he comes back with a bigger box of Cascade. She said no Sir you have to have the same size of what you bought. He goes back to fetch the right size. The manager came over and said she handed him the right size, but he went for the bigger size.
11.gif
Ok so he gets that cleared. Turnes on his heels and didn''t say thank you to me for loading his cart. As he left, I yelled, your welcome. Everyone cracked up!!!!
11.gif
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:54:28 PM
Author: musey

Because you don't like someone pointing out that you're wrong, or because you feel that you're right and they're incorrect in their 'correction?'

I really dislike when people attempt to 'correct' me on something that is not within their area of expertise, but is within mine. It puts me in the awkward position of having to keep my mouth shut while thinking 'you know, I really would know better than you would.' Doesn't happen very often, thank goodness.
ETA- Not you musey. You know I love ya!
2.gif

Know it alls. Can't stand 'em.......
example....Me: I think this building was built in 1905. Know it all: "Nope! Your totally wrong. It was built in 1906!!!" Me thinking: Does it really matter? lol Nobody really cares!
14.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:28:16 PM
Author: Skippy123
Bad drivers, drivers who are on the cellphone or texting while driving and driving 10 miles under the speed limit. People on the cellphone in the grocery store when you need that one item they are parked in front of while yapping about uber personal stuff.
How could I forget...

In Tesc0 (supermarket) here there are lots of self service scan stations which have replaced the cashier who took purchases of 10 items or less. So these new self scan machines are also limited to baskets of 10 items or less. These areas have 2 spaces for you to put the item you have scanned onto so the computer can weigh it to be sure that you are not scamming the store. This is a small space not really suitable for more than a few items and you must put the scanned item on this spot so the computer can reset for the next item to be scanned. Hence it is important that the customer only has a few items.

I HATE the people who bring their WHOLE TROLLEY to the self scan and bugger up the whole system calling the SA over every item because they cannot stack any more products on the weigh spots. Then after that debacle they take so much time to pack their items into little baggies and sod off. Argh. And the SA''s are worse and never ask the time wasting rule breaking idiots to use the regular checkouts and not inconvenience the convenience shoppers with less than 10 items. Arggh!

Back to Drivers:
I cannot stand the crazy idiots who drive out from minor junctions at break neck speeds to get in front of you. You then have to break to follow the newcomer who insists on driving at less than half of the speed limit. And there were no cars behind you! What is the hurry you mole? There was nobody behind me? And you are driving slower than an one legged tortoise. Argh!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh here''s another one... I''m trying to relax at home after a VERY long and tiring (but fun!) day yesterday, and there is a huuuuge truck sitting outside on our tiny street blaring his INSANELY LOUD foghorn at a car that''s double-parked. There is no one IN the car, so it''s not like his honking is going to accomplish anything. I went out there to ask him to please stop, that he is disturbing the peace on a small residential street... and he just stared at me and said "Is that your car?! No? Then get out of my face!"

23.gif

Nevermind the fact that he was about 2 buildings from the dead-end and probably was planning to stop his truck there and block traffic HIMSELF for whatever it was he was doing.
20.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Usually, my In-Laws. I often wonder how two people can be so manipulative and rotten. Do they sit around all day thinking of really crappy things to do and say? I don''t know...It boggles my mind!

I have to agree on allllll of the drivers remarks here. I really hate it when you are behind someone at an intersection when a light changes from red to green and they just stay there, stopped. When you give your horn a liiiiiiiitle toot, to let them know the light changed they turn around and flip you the bird! Nice.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Oooh Musey, that reminds me.

One of the deciding factors to move to the countryside was this:

I would come home from a long crappy day at work to relax at home with DH. Then it would start; thud...thud...thud...thud...thud...thud. The neighbour''s kids (next street up) would whack a ball off the cul de sac (dead end) wall opposite our living room. It would start about 5-6pm and go on till at least 10pm. Often they would whack the ball too hard and it would hit off our cars/window or get lodged in our front garden. One day I was almost in tears with the noise so we both went out and asked if they would please move to the large green area (which was also walled in), they agreed to move on. 15 mins later a father turned up on our door-step asking what we had been saying to his ''little girl''.
23.gif
So he has no control over his kid, she had trample all over my flowers and lawn, bounced balls off my car and window and when I (very politely) asked them all to play in the common area, he feels victimised! I said we had been polite and that if he preferred they could continue to play there but I would bill him for any further damage to my property. He apologised and that was the last I saw of that group of kids outside our house.

How come he didn''t feel the need to supervise his kid, but fell perfectly legitimised to preach to me?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about the people who dont know how to freaking park! For example: You park in a wide open parkinglot near the front. You come out...there are TONS of parking spaces near the front...but some jerk parks right next to you...horribly crooked. I mean, in the way that its amazing they didnt hit your car...and most of the time if you open the door you hit their car...so you have to go thought the passenger side door to get in!

I leave notes on the windsheild for these people. I would like to key the car...but I feel that a note might get the point across...lets hope so.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
When you paint your nails and are drawn to pick something up...and smudge.

When you put on your mascara...and sneeze...smudge.

When you pull up your hose/tights and get a ladder...and they are the last pair.

When you put your perfect outfit on and touch up your make up before you go...then drop your mascara wand on your shirt.

When your shoes smudge the nail polish on your big toe.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate to a lot of these!
One of my biggest peeves is when drivers are merging onto a highway and don''t bother to look to see who is coming. They are supposed to YIELD but they just look forward.
I''ve had a few times that I''ve had to scoot over to the left lane to avoid them smashing into the side of my car, and if there''s a car in that lane, then you can''t move over and you are stuck, having to put on the brakes. GRRRRRRR!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Are PLEASE and THANK YOU being phased out? My Mom always told me that "if I could teach you one thing, it would be manners" and I''ve noticed how common courtesy seems to be going away. Maybe I''m too sensitive, due to my upbringing, but I''ve noticed how rude some people can be during every day interactions and I''m shocked by it. It is like "every person for themselves."
14.gif

Lori

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate when somebody comments on my bags (usually LV) saying they could never spend so much on a bag, they just buy a fake! Then they get out their fake purse/wallet to show you what a 'great' fake it is
32.gif
. I am then left with a conversation I never started and the option to let it go with idiot=1 me=0, or respond with the issues of funding crime and terror by buying fakes not least breaking the law which turns into a nasty conversation.

Same with diamonds when they point our your e-ring/w-band and say "Oh I would never buy diamonds - Steel didn't you watch Blood Diamond?" Sigh. Then they glaze over when you discuss the Kimberly process etc and wave their hoochie, sorry fake gucci purse in your face.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 7:28:04 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I can relate to a lot of these!
One of my biggest peeves is when drivers are merging onto a highway and don''t bother to look to see who is coming. They are supposed to YIELD but they just look forward.
I''ve had a few times that I''ve had to scoot over to the left lane to avoid them smashing into the side of my car, and if there''s a car in that lane, then you can''t move over and you are stuck, having to put on the brakes. GRRRRRRR!!!!
I was damn near killed Friday night on I35 here in Texas in exactly that situation.
38.gif
Scared the crap outa me.
29.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to peruse my l-o-n-g list of pet peeves to decide what to eliminate from my "I hate this" post. Otherwise, it would go on for pages . . . .
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is going to sound trite, but I can''t hold it in with all this delicious griping going on.

I HATE IT when I go to my husband''s first cousin''s home and she takes the food dish that I brought and CHANGES it without saying a thing to me. For example--when I brought brownies, she put them on a different serving dish, AND sprinkled powered sugar on them. I hate powered sugar, which is why I didn''t use it, and I think our serving dishes are quite lovely, thankyouverymuch.

She also opens the door, says "Hi!" and then walks away, leaving me standing in her foyer with snow-covered boots, my winter gear on, and armfuls of food and such. Hello? Maybe take a platter or my coat, SOMETHING so I don''t have to put all the food on the ground, please.

Okay, I feel much better now. Aaaaah.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE when waitresses call me sweetie as if I''m 3 years old (it''s ok when PS''ers call me sweetie though
2.gif
)

Similarly, I really hate it when men say "Where''s that beautiful smile? Let''s see those pearly whites!" or something along those lines. I am 28 years old. I will not smile unless I feel like it. Back off.
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I have millions, but here is just two because I''m in a hurry. Oh don''t worry, I WILL be back.
2.gif
3.gif

1. People who BLAST their horrifyingly awful music in their car with their windows down so everyone on the road hears nothing but bass. Bonus points if they are driving a 1990 Plymouth Sundance or something.
20.gif
I cannot stand being caught at a light with these losers. Why don''t they understand that NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THEIR MUSIC?!?!? One time I was stuck on a very long, busy road with some dude doing this. Every single red light. I wanted to kill myself.

2. Cashiers or sales people that completely ignore you and pretend you aren''t standing right in front of them. This happened to me today at a fast food place. A cashier was waiting for my order to come up and another women came up to the counter. It was obvious that she just wanted a new cup since hers was leaking. The cashier looked right at her then turned around to see if my order was up. I was like, "Sir, I think she needs a lid." So he finally acknowledged her and gave her one. As she was walking away she looked at me and mouthed "Thank you" in a "I was about to freak out" kind of way.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Rude people in movie theaters drive. me. crazy. No, I did not pay $10 to hear you have a conversation with your friend about the plot, to hear your baby scream, or to listen to your phone conversation. DH and I have reached the point of only seeing a movie a) first thing on a Sunday morning/afternoon or b) at a 21+ theater (with alcohol!) where the tickets cost more, which seems to keep the rude people out.

This last Spring in NYC, DH and I went to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. I love musicals, and I had dished out a fair amount of cash to get good seats. The play had just begun, and we heard this loud crinkling noise behind us. I turned around to see a woman had brought a GIANT paper bag full of popcorn into the theater (note: I believe food and drinks were not allowed). I turn around and give her a nasty look, but she ignores me and keeps on crunching. She LOUDLY closed the bag, and not a minute later, UNCRINKLED it again (loudly) and started munching on more popcorn. She did this three or four more times (with me giving her the stink-eye three or four more times) before someone behind her told her to knock it off pretty loudly, a noise I was grateful to hear. She put it away for the rest of the show, but man, did it make me angry. Who ARE these people?

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
heehee this thread is funny.

I agree with the driving ones. Especially when people ride your A$$ for no reason. That deserves a "brake check".

I will add:
People in the supermarket/department store/target/etc who hog up the whole aisle with their cart, and give you a nasty look when you say "excuse me".
Never-ending telephone prompts. Especially my cell phone co. It''s voice-activated, and annoying as heck. I end up screaming "ENGLISH" about 3 times. I must look like a nut.
For some reason, people can''t understand that the last 4 digits of my phone # is 6526. I end up repeating it. And repeating it.
I am all for helping out when I''m at work (I''m a nurse). But not when it''s unnecessary. If I can change that person''s dressing or bathe that person by myself, so can you. Sure, occassionally, you need to stick your head out the door and say,"Can you get me a roll of gauze?". No prob. But there are people who do this every night, and several times, at that. BE PREPARED, PEOPLE!! I am not a gopher!!
OK. Rant over
5.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH! I have one more!

I hate it when my colleagues send students who don''t know how to use a copy machine down to the English office to MAKE COPIES during my prep period. If I''m feeling particularly stressed out about getting work done, I''ll send them back to class without helping and I say "Tell Mr. Inconsiderate to send down a student who knows how to use the machine." I know it''s not the nicest thing to do, but I HAVE WORK TO DO!

Oh, feeling better with every post. Now I''m off to grade some papers. Don''t send anyone for copies, please.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:54:28 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/23/2009 6:42:46 PM
Author: Steel
Drivers:

14. Who double park - because they are ''just'' doing something, they feel able to inconvenience the rest of the road users by blocking a lane.
#5 - Okay, while I agree this is bad, I have to say that I HATE motorcyclists. They are so rude - driving in-between lanes to get through clogged traffic, cutting people off, etc. In my city, at least. I had one driving in between lanes next to me once, and he knocked my side mirror forward!

#14 - OMG this happens at our busy grocery store all the time. The parking lot is tiny and sucks, but if everyone else is being courteous and waiting for a parking spot, why can''t you?? Grr.
Musey, I have a great story.

DH and I were in our local town a few weeks back. The main street has two lanes with street parking on both sides. Well we were walking to the bank and saw an SUV double parked in front of a shop. She was in the car, blocking the lane behind her which had to wait for breaks in oncoming traffic to overtake her. It was a major obstruction. Then we saw that a police car was one of the ones being obstructed. A policeman got out of the passenger side of the police car and walked up to her. She must have seen him because she indicated and tried to pull off. He ran up to her and stopped her. (DH and I were on the pavement within juicy earshot) She said something like she was just waiting for x but the policeman asked if she realised she had caused an obstruction. She apologised and said she was moving on. He said (paraphrasing) that he had to cite her and she got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have never seen that happen before. Now I do feel bad that she got a ticket but am so pleased that the policeman took action! Whoo hoo.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
It really irritates me when I go to the doctor for an appointment, and am made to wait 30+ minutes in the waiting room, only to be shown in to wait another 30+ minutes in the exam room without so much as an apology. I understand emergencies come up, people arrive late, schedules are thrown off. However, if I was made to feel like they understood that my time was important and apologized for wasting it, it wouldn''t be nearly as bad. Instead I feel like the patient they forgot about.

My hair stylist does this to me ALL the time. He makes me wait to see him, then wait in the chair while he goes and shmoozes with other clients in the salon (his family owns the salon). The only reason I put up with it is that he''s amazing and I haven''t been able to find anyone nearly as amazing. Plus he looks like Justin Timberlake and has a cute bootie!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand when people are too lazy to take their grocery carts back to the place where they go. Is it too hard to walk a few feet to put it back rather than leave it in a parking space. I never saw anyone do this when I lived in Georgia and now that I live in Florida, it is the norm....and my car has the scratches to prove it! If I can do it everytime with a small child, there is no excuse unless you are in a wheelchair or are over the age of 70!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 8:09:52 PM
Author: sap483
It really irritates me when I go to the doctor for an appointment, and am made to wait 30+ minutes in the waiting room, only to be shown in to wait another 30+ minutes in the exam room without so much as an apology. I understand emergencies come up, people arrive late, schedules are thrown off. However, if I was made to feel like they understood that my time was important and apologized for wasting it, it wouldn''t be nearly as bad. Instead I feel like the patient they forgot about.

My hair stylist does this to me ALL the time. He makes me wait to see him, then wait in the chair while he goes and shmoozes with other clients in the salon (his family owns the salon). The only reason I put up with it is that he''s amazing and I haven''t been able to find anyone nearly as amazing. Plus he looks like Justin Timberlake and has a cute bootie!
You are SO right!

I am so sick of this, every single time we go to our doctor. Even worse, I hate when you make your appointment for say 10am, check in and sit down to wait then I have heard 2 other people come in after us also checking in for 10am to see the same doctor. He can''t see 3 of us at the same time can he? I think appointments these days are just like serving suggestions - they mean nothing. Just bring a good book and a be prepared to wait the whole morning. Hell it is not as if you are sick or anything is it?

Lynnie: LOL "brake check". Shhh. I do that too
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results