shape
carat
color
clarity

What else are you all into?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I rehab historic homes and love VWs. The rehabbing has become hubby's job since retiring from the Army.

We have a VW collection of 9 (I think). Hubby still has his 64 bug he bought when he was 15. Here's a pic of the one he bought me for my milestone birthday last year. '72 Karman Ghia, I'm the second owner, 47k original miles, and yes that's her original color. received_10214592279774258.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we head to total retirement, it's evolving. Less or no collecting of anything.

I love birds and would have a pet bird if I could. I can't because DH is so allergic. So we've taken to feeding wild birds. For the first time ever, I saw a cardinal in our yard today. It was amazing. So we're cultivating all things wild bird. A raccoon completely took out one of our feeders the other day though. And the good food is expensive!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Foster dogs & travelling the world (eating and drinking along the way too!) lol.
I'm very much a work to live person, not a live to work. I love my job, but I also love it's work life balance and ability to make my above 2 passions happen :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like hunting around for old stuff, vintage toys especially mostly 80's stuff because that's when I was growing up.

Surely I'll have more interests developed after my kids start school tomorrow. For the first time in 12 years I will have nobody home during the day. Is it terrible that I'm rather looking forward to this new transition?
I think you will figure out how to use all that time!
Pawn shops, thrift stores, surfing eBay, napping, etc.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I read a lot. I like to garden and generally just do projects around the house. I foster kittens. The kitten fostering plus work takes up a ton of time, if I'm honest. I have 8 fosters at home right now. Two are the last left from their litter- 4 month old black sisters and the others are about 10 weeks, with spay and neuter surgeries that started this week. 3 of the 6 go to an adoption center this to stay a week and see if they can find families.

Q

Queenie60

I enjoy reading, working out; love my job as it keeps my brain exercised. Enjoy decorating and cooking many different ethnic foods. Gardening is a passion of mine as well. Traveling and of course, Major League Baseball!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm quite a homebody and not super outdoorsey, so I'll have to say apart from jewellery I love reading. I really love the safety and security I feel when I'm curled up with a good book. Possibly a seasonal thing as I do get out more in summer.
I love biographies mainly. Anything Kennedy family related, mostly Jackie Kennedy and movie stars like Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I'd say he's as interesting as you and as kind.

My dh and I love cycling together by the sea and we own 3 tandems and cycle thousands of miles during cycling season. Living in the NE only allows us to cycle part of the year but we make the most of it.

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 5.09.51 AM.png

calfeetandem.jpg

We also are involved in animal rescue and TNR of the feral cats in our neighborhood as well as feeding and sheltering them and we find homes for those who are not true ferals.
Here's the feral feeder my dh built.

feralfeedingstationwithfood.jpg

feralfeederonporch.jpeg.png

My dh loves woodworking and working with his hands and building things. I reap the benefits. And he built the feral cat feeder that is amazing as it holds 40 lbs of food and operates remotely so when we are not at the beach house we can still feed the feral cats. He also built our library room with all the bookcases in NYC and both of our King bed headboards and radiator covers and many other things.

Library Bookshelves.jpg

He built our outdoor table that seats 10 people. Made of Ipe wood.

outdoordiningtableandbenchesbuiltbygreg.jpg

outdoordiningtablebuiltbydh.jpg

He also built the BBQ at our previous beach house.

seagirtbbqbygreg.jpg

He also loves cooking and baking and gardening and sewing too. And is an audiophile and has built a number of speakers from scratch. He loves music (and so do I but I have no skill or talent in building or creating anything).

pumpkinhangingoutwithappleohsogood.jpg

christmascookies2018.jpg.png

I share what he loves because he is way more interesting than me. :P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV purses and I love to cook, I love animals, and my kids and granddaughter, these things take up a lot of time also in my life. cool question.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy reading, working out; love my job as it keeps my brain exercised. Enjoy decorating and cooking many different ethnic foods. Gardening is a passion of mine as well. Traveling and of course, Major League Baseball!

Do you have any easy recipes you could suggest? Nothing like something new for dinner to spice up your day!

filigreenyc

Rough_Rock
I love to cook and bake, eat adventurously, lift weights (mostly so I can do all that eating!), travel the world, take photos, sew (I used to have a side-business making custom steel boned corsets), read voraciously, learn about history, and make and play video games.
IMG_20190809_201012.jpg IMG_20181228_132430.jpg
(home/christmas cookies)
I'd love to have a classic car, collect furniture or glass, have pets, and/or garden, but I currently live in NYC and my lifestyle does not include a lawn or a garage or space for anything except jewelry - but it's absolutely worth it.

@Mrs_Strizzle
That is an incredible car, I adore that color!

@OdetteOdile
Ahh I live in the city and never go! The opera is more my thing. You tell me if you ever want a ballet buddy though, I'd love an excuse to go.

@MakingTheGrade
I love tabletop games! I used to play D&D and Shadowrun often, and I really miss having a regular gaming group.

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@filigreenyc Glad to hear you take advantage of the opera! Ballet buddy sounds fun :) NYC Ballet has an excellent year coming up!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love ballet - specifically going to the ballet. I love learning about it, reading reviews, and talking to my best friend about it. My dream is to have an apartment in NYC and to be able to go to the ballet almost every night. I have so much admiration for these dancers who dedicate their lives to this art!! For now, I try to see a performance about 6 or 8 times a year. Now that I am learning more about jewelry, and finding several pieces I would like, I am trying to balance that with how many ballet tickets I could buy for that same amount.
hold onto that dream
it will be wounderful
i love the ballet
its just so beautiful i have been known to cry
we never made the most of living in Wellington where the RNZB is based.
the shows that interested me would always seem to clash with a big bill that was due and with commuting me got lazy and just wanted to stay home once we got home
enjoy the ballet for me =)2

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I love to cook and bake, eat adventurously, lift weights (mostly so I can do all that eating!), travel the world, take photos, sew (I used to have a side-business making custom steel boned corsets), read voraciously, learn about history, and make and play video games.
IMG_20190809_201012.jpg IMG_20181228_132430.jpg
(home/christmas cookies)
I'd love to have a classic car, collect furniture or glass, have pets, and/or garden, but I currently live in NYC and my lifestyle does not include a lawn or a garage or space for anything except jewelry - but it's absolutely worth it.

@Mrs_Strizzle
That is an incredible car, I adore that color!

@OdetteOdile
Ahh I live in the city and never go! The opera is more my thing. You tell me if you ever want a ballet buddy though, I'd love an excuse to go.

@MakingTheGrade
I love tabletop games! I used to play D&D and Shadowrun often, and I really miss having a regular gaming group.

These cookies are amazing! So professional! Did you teach yourself?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to collect Swarovski crystal figurines (mostly animals). I don't even know where they are anymore :-o.....need to find them!
Most of mine are in its original boxes. I only have a few pieces out on display in my curio. I haven't bought a new piece in the past 12 yrs.

DSCN1974.JPG DSCN1969.JPG DSCN1965.JPG DSCN1963.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hobbies are:

MY DOG! :kiss2:
Playing music
Reading
Exercising (I keep it simple - just 25-30 min of cardio 3-4 times a week),
Browsing antique jewelry on IG and Etsy
Traveling (or dreaming about traveling)
Going to arts performances in my city

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After the health issues had to give up both my cats, drawing, cooking and my dressage horse. Now I raise phalenopsis and christmas cacti(they all rebloom), feed the wild birds, go to movies with my SO and help him with rebuilding his 1988 Astro van( I don't understand it). We also enjoy listening to live music. SO plays acoustic guitar and does a lot of Jim Croce and Eric Clapton covers along with a few other artists. He used to be in a rock band in his younger years until he became an engineer. Every once in a while he performs on stage.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Thank you for the encouragement! I will hold onto the dream. I have been known to cry at the ballet too! The music, the beauty, the emotion of a certain ballet - it is almost overwhelming.

Reactions: AV_

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@filigreenyc your hobbies are really varied and interesting! How did you get into making steel boned corsets? How do you go about making a video game? Btw, your cookies are beautiful - it looks like you piped constellations onto them! :) I enjoy baking as well!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle love that Karman Ghia! My first car was a 76 VW bug and it was that same color!

I'm into: antique shopping, reading, movies, travel, art, photography. I also love to snorkel, (but had a shark swim right under me in Key West last year so now I'm a little anxious!) I love long walks, especially in the woods. I love to cook and bake and am always trying something new in the kitchen. We are nearing the end of our 3rd home to completely renovate, but it's something my husband and I enjoy. Running out of projects here, so he jokes time to sell and on to the next one. :roll:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I like hunting around for old stuff, vintage toys especially mostly 80's stuff because that's when I was growing up.

Surely I'll have more interests developed after my kids start school tomorrow. For the first time in 12 years I will have nobody home during the day. Is it terrible that I'm rather looking forward to this new transition?
Not terrible at all @StephanieLynn - completely understandable.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is a fun thread, nice to meet you all and know you better.

My other spending hobbies are watches and eyeglasses. I am devoted to my furbaby Jazzy.

Working on my genealogy. I was recently given a hundred or so letters from my family starting in the teens I am transcribing.

Hobbies: I paint, draw and so on. Teaching myself watercolor. I am completely humbled by them.
Working through the type of art I like to paint. I am between landscapes of the Shenandoah Valley, and my own modern, graphic art. My grandmother was a painter and made me promise to never paint "junk" like modern art :). Working through which path to travel. Maybe both? How odd that would look.
I would love to sell small scale locally to fund my jewelry habit. A short term goal.

I also do web design (Wordpress) and playing with Tableau. I love Excel. Guess I am a bit of a data nerd.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fun to read this thread.
I love spending time with my old 16 yo apricot poodle, gardening, walking, and of course shopping. Jewelry, purses, good sales and eating out (hate to cook)! We also collect cars. We currently have two convertibles. =)2
I used to make stained glass pieces but I have not done so in a few years. I enjoy a good historical fiction or non fiction book!
And I love my adult kids and my students...
These are a few of my favorite things...
0F1749FC-1AC5-4703-B071-52D0270867C1.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results