shape
carat
color
clarity

What else are you all into?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dogs, working out (mainly weight lifting), and TV shows (I’m actually embarrassed how into TV I am :oops2:).

I’ve also been starting to work on being more domesticated around the house. I’ve started taking pride in the payoff from all the time I spend tidying up. Yes, I’m a late bloomer in this regard lol.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I’m a paper crafter (cards mostly) but also enjoy traveling and photography. I care a lot about our planet and environmental sustainability.

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@LisaRN I am super impressed! I know that some people in the hobby DIY with their tanks, but it intimidates me. That is one lucky little (big) guy! Goldfish are such clowns with big personalities! You certainly have room for another goldfish in there with him, if you are so inclined.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:D I sew! I also collect antique sewing machines :D It's great seeing other who sew on here :D I started sewing my own clothes because I couldn't find pants that fit with pockets! Now I make almost all of my clothes, I've figured out socks, and only have to figure out bras :) I also make bags and quilt. Am currently working on my daughter's graduation quilt, it's all hand pieced and hand quilted. :)

@KristyDarling Don't discount vintage machines, they are amazing and typically easy to work with. :D My main machine was made in the 1940s and can do straight and zigzag stitching. :) I make my clothes on this machine (and I sew knits!). :D Craigslist is a great place to look. :D

Current state of daughter's quilt (still need to make the motifs for the top, finish quilting all that's attached, attach & quilt the top, and add a boarder)..
8YvQt5qHtg_TqrjNwzJlh161pADBn6YomrDPOqWdjDC3J-FcFOMVnmuWk0aMZLWyzKL64wiASI448iYj3ws5BQnKv5Pi9mGWvUdMb6BGAyL4nSJMuKkkHFMlhoJfR4Sgozi1p6vDnST5VafyE0cyZf7KiAl0z96Y9pw64K4Sw2GF-cfQUL9xSLLq0GYCbVA4KcRqERmS5IedFXkwqraW2DTswzLM1wU3hCuL2Fbr9hyExk2hl7uvq-6Cv3JL3RBrybqwul6B_hC2xhjf1OtOXLlvsEAyk-9Ie6I__jG-nAljv6r0QP_zOmkut-yiV0_usDCTH8wZdLR6fSDeBqy-oHiWsQ9b3nUTmFYn_bJAo0ZXi5ccoW_YJVR1Lxu2DIaHdqq4wan93Vn8lCKCjAds0dVtZj3GHFunShHkCcJdNl96rrEErNlPOLSSrHvKn0ya0PuIF9l5LP2Bgu0bwECWjHlUimAoifhlbYXMDi4Te0mQY43Mt1KlvH46twMIaSZrqOUThOq1naQWThEA0ntEw3tAJ995QsE5eACZYjBPB6jRUNaHEVaS4gIlFw5o9rBLd7b3ra9d6DeXf-Kos5xic41bD4Fe6udZX_eulFXVMPmTWpiZphaRZIrCmBSLHOccIC4gHw0Ev9uaPRkOwSTxo6_O6xpu5HvWrvgo61wEmZb86M-KqPB1evw=w549-h972-no

My main machine:
27vYmNosFLR-gcDA0ysQ0lWFMdUP6EgNIODLgRVN2xODvVt97ALYJP9gDPqcpvLxnH5m-Ck6JFd-eEDhT3O6uoUIWAUf4JJNNpRs2-nhb9H1VHme78FYwsxsXMjywWQrUTFKjGUxG4VZh24LCWal-9wGi7ZTVlaU-OZFYBZr6aaaV7tq-TDnVJpxTK0lQZJoS-4uTywnjwtqqVsnaa0ELFX8upJ_LWMTao3Kkn3KbpcbrjcmK_DQBbx99oU2cWTlabpcsgcFGdAAgklEkrt5a9M62nBc3WNzhfYoAnvAkAViRLOUDNnCHtyKtxVZlIK2EhSCRpXkUhuIz2Hr0ZrMx911v6eLOWm1mhNkTcFr9FzrfAVTjZlQjGFbHEsTfF1o5P1pueWSnXrJuyEflw9A_9Z_xss8oBsVXvvGP6p_9l8FmxqRE69oDPX9si_1IBIj40ie_CE2S3a8eSo1Fzs2ghOgcrCFWoCulGB8LxO_Sod0KR4A3ARnHB4NdwxzsI9xHAObeh9_OizDRul4OwgIM5u7ucDQznP21tpS8QQ_VLm8gOZTW-ZspiCziRXIckYJBTRbwEbssg5FvXEgFanRzS2xM43Qh_5ypMZXU1bxdrN7oSvrWTBvQRcWa3OgscwCt4hiEqFZS17z19pJMs3sl9lRmyuEsZI39q4mj6STchrRjb3A4iizq2s=w1725-h972-no

And a few of my machines:

b8UfdTUW-Wvf_UArKhbUS-Bq4yvA2uFaUoOiiAoCyAShAq0461P44FpeMVQ7YdHhUPbS2osn_U-nzvaUQNVvyTkByhI8uC791lropl3vkNwH-CB7DGqiR6qbF9lJmDOT5NfusrQqCuMbt1FuEVb7jbG2UYi90ghPls-L8KyzDYpcA7dmnH52VbDGsk_xiW7-Q31t3pvh7hvlFlPJ5SPizFZCet2NtuXs7305MFZ53Iv_1EhRulIyQbgN2bRK1UbxMwIaGSkP8wD3hzQXDF_dEYzVehmvU3x1HX85syYa8dXzD2xHn9_tBQTeKkx0Jl0aPA0lV5srAIsaslOijz8ajaexxWH0LRMFz9EEOInxqq486FU6_falcWFQT-zvelSzwQn97xQwIcb8b-Ygu4fmlJx7eRKmcetSV0GhOuOhMhJDP00gs1EVN0NrFCRBXWnT44FOBskBJth-9qvhE3FhceyB2YCd0Vx1sNS87XNOi1jlHSIunXkN9stbfF10z7qgOU4PiQ48za9sXFpzgynrgUMh3lA3n4IC8ZVHOJN24qW-WfFMr8cJQvZZoKx5UB25EJGNoC-ripbZR8v_K5vsnchdijvgjP9skK3NHnEPQ594vy3e-BHvsLZ0uPCpvJtdWxy7pi0L8-qGshEvgjhni5ktLWpbyeWzY_gLZZbbaRoOqCm2rUbvObE=s972-no

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoes, handbags, clothes :oops:

In addition to this, I LOVE decorating, and I mean painting, wallpapering, tiling, even been known to do some plumbing, wiring up lights etc. I don’t have many discernible talents, but I think I have a good eye for colour and what goes together.

My husband likes travelling, so I’ve visited 60+ countries all over the world, although I’m just tagging along as honestly, I wouldn’t bother if he didn’t organise it.

I’m also involved with our breed specific charity, raising money to bring dogs over from Italy in need of good homes, and doing home checks.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
My other very expensive hobby is dressage. I have two horses, my current dressage horse and my retired girl. While I don't wear any jewelry to the barn, bling is very bing in dressage and similar to PS you can never have too much. :lol:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clothes perfume bags shoes :oops:
... and thoroughbred horses.
For the moment it's definitely my kids though, who take up about 95%of my time and budget (braces :cry2::cry2:!! school trip to the tune of a LV bag :cry2: ) and 1000% of my heart, obvs. So I'm kind of restricting the bags to truly wearable workhorse - type bags and trying to only get wearable dresses (didn't stop me from buying lots of silk items last month though ... I just wear them and embrace changing twice (+) a day, when someone hugged me with Nutella /toothpaste /tomatoe sauce fingers).

The only thing I have completely put on hold is the horse riding. Not fair for the animal if I don't have enough time . But my girls are CRAZY about horses (and according to our teacher talented as well) too, so I think a family horse is definitely in our future)

ETA : forgot our home.... Our second complete gut job on an old house. This one's extremely complex with parts as old as 1850ies, some parts 1880ies, some 1950ies.interior is done, now working on the exterior parts (terrace with rooms underneath, roof, windows, paint, shutters) . It's technically challenging and I enjoy the research. Has to be approved by the national architectural board as well. So, yeah, even more challenging

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Dogs! I love animals and I have 3 dogs. If my husband would let me, I'd have more. I love their little personalities and how different they all are. I couldn't have kids, and when I finally gave up on that, I got the 3rd dog. My husband works a lot of long and crazy hours, so it's often just me and my little pack around this house!

2. School! I am a teacher at a University, and I LOVE my students. Fall is my favorite time of year, because it's a new beginning for so many and what an exciting time. If I cannot go back and redo it myself, I love watching my students learn to be critical thinkers and independent adults. It's magical.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gardening
Travel
Music
Specializing in “it’s cool everything’s fine”
And recently realizing that diamonds never mattered to me—they mattered to the men who proposed with them. Thanks, but I’ll reserve my decision as far as what I wear forever.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Gardening
Travel
Music
And recently realizing that diamonds never mattered to me—they mattered to the men who proposed with them. Thanks, but I’ll reserve my decision as far as what I wear forever.

I totally agree!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gardening
Travel
Music

Ditto this on the end sentence. I picked my engagement ring, which is an eternity band. My husband though it was an odd choice, but he went with it - he’s pretty easy going. I told him flat out when we started talking about getting married that if I am going to wear something for the rest of my life, I am going to pick it out myself. It just makes sense.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Spending time with my family (esp sons - 22 and 17)
Gardening
Houseplants (currently succulents and air plants)
Cooking (bc I love to eat and see sons above LOL)
Beading
Jewellery (hence pricescope)
Hiking
Hanging with friends drinking tea or coffee
Trying not to acquire stuff (really hard cuz I enjoy thrift shops)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Travel. We try to cruise somewhere god 2x a year. Heading from Vancouver Canada to Hawaii shortly!
Little golden books, the older ones. I go to goodwill and smaller book shops to get them on the cheap to save for my grandkids.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Another gamer here! I used to play World of Warcraft religiously, but then stopped and dabbled in GW2, and Overwatch for a bit. I started playing Read Dead Redemption 2 because of the horses, which is my other passion. I used to lease a horse in college and did some showing with a thoroughbred that was owned by the school. My favorite is the Tennessee walker though (which happened to be the starter horse you get in RDR2!)

Aside from the gaming and horses, I like going antiquing. Especially antique jewelry :D I also recently had gotten into aquascaping in nanotanks with my fiance. We mainly have endler guppies and shrimp.

69755641_1299737860188926_6238329947492974592_o.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm surprised nobody else has brought up yarn projects, only sewing. My other hobbies are:

Reading + coloring + crochet --usually put on Audible while I color or crochet
Board games --one of my favorite ways to socialize with my loved ones
Tutoring K-12 students --I know most people think of this as a job, but it's something I enjoy as a hobby, especially compared to my other $50/hr side job
A casual computer game here and there, like World of Warcraft or Fate Grand Order
Learning New Languages

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dogs, working out (mainly weight lifting), and TV shows (I’m actually embarrassed how into TV I am :oops2:).

I’ve also been starting to work on being more domesticated around the house. I’ve started taking pride in the payoff from all the time I spend tidying up. Yes, I’m a late bloomer in this regard lol.

Please share your domestication resources. I badly need them!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please share your domestication resources. I badly need them!
Oh nothing fancy! I just mean keep up with the laundry and the cleaning. Help out with any of my husband’s chores that he’s falling behind in. The only resources I use is google for recipes.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Another gamer here! I used to play World of Warcraft religiously, but then stopped and dabbled in GW2, and Overwatch for a bit. I started playing Read Dead Redemption 2 because of the horses, which is my other passion. I used to lease a horse in college and did some showing with a thoroughbred that was owned by the school. My favorite is the Tennessee walker though (which happened to be the starter horse you get in RDR2!)

Aside from the gaming and horses, I like going antiquing. Especially antique jewelry :D I also recently had gotten into aquascaping in nanotanks with my fiance. We mainly have endler guppies and shrimp.

69755641_1299737860188926_6238329947492974592_o.jpg

I love your beautiful tank! I tried aquascaping and it did not work out for me. Serious serious problems with algae everywhere. I gave up on a planted tank, but I have a small non-planted tank. 5 gallons, heated, filtered, and one spoiled betta. I love micro planted tanks, and your dark gravel is striking!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not as skilled as @Cozystitches, but I’m learning to sew. We got a new baby lock machine because my husband wanted to learn how to sew denim. For some reason, I’m using it more often than he is! I did some clothing alterations and the first project was a purple pillow.

Sometimes I draw. This is a random picture I drew for a birthday present’s packaging:

815C9DE0-C8E6-44A1-9E3D-734DA674378E.jpeg

I also like to powerlift, run, and read books.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not as skilled as @Cozystitches, but I’m learning to sew. We got a new baby lock machine because my husband wanted to learn how to sew denim. For some reason, I’m using it more often than he is! I did some clothing alterations and the first project was a purple pillow.

Learning to sew is great!!! :D :D I can't draw, when I'm teaching I tell students this, and proceed to laugh at myself when I'm forced to draw illustrations on the board....we all have a good laugh.:lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results