shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your everyday necklace look like?

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
There is a bit of a story behind my necklace. I love Buddhas and collected them. When I was 19, I went into this antique/ collectible store and the young lady behind the counter had on this necklace with a Buddha incased in what looked like glass. So I asked her where she got it and she told me that her dad had gotten it for her from overseas in Thailand. She said it was baht gold and cost a small fortune. Just starting college, there was no way I could afford it. Fast forward 12 years later, I went into a gas station and the owner was wearing a similar necklace. So I asked her where she got it and she said Thailand. She then told me she was from there and was going back the following month and didn't mind picking me up one. So she did and for a several years I wore it on a thirty inch box chain. Then about six years ago, I left it on the bathroom vanity in an Atlantic city hotel room. Thankfully my MIL went in the room after we left and found it. After that, I went back to the gas station and asked the lady about getting a shorter baht chain. She said she had plenty and would sell me one for $1200. I couldn't afford that at the time because we had just put our son in Christian school and bought a new house.

So I kept checking eBay and three years later I found one. Once my jeweler said it was baht gold, I put it on and I only take it off to clean it. So here it is :D I also included photos of my everyday bracelets.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1349227863.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1349227899.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1349227923.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What does your everyday necklace look like?

cool stuff!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SO got me this from Tiffany's for Valentine's Day this year.

photo_97.jpg

I almost never take it off.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

That is so pretty. I love the symbolism and it's so sweet of your SO to pick that out. You are one lucky gal ;-)

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, motownmama!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your necklaces CharmedOne and Madelise! I love the meaning behind both of them!
I don't really have an everyday necklace because I like to switch it up these days but the one I wear the most (with and without my new dbty) is this one. The second photo is the one I used to wear the most frequently before I got the new pendant this past spring/summer.

newpendant.jpeg

anniversarypendant.jpeg

favoritenecklacesrightnow.jpeg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

On platinum days, my 1.3 pear in its chunky bezel: on gold days, my Egyptian Revival Tiffany necklace. Here's a shot of the two together (I don't wear them this way - purely for PS purposes) ....

BTW, CharmedOne, your necklace is amazing - I've never seen anything like that! Will be off to research baht gold.

And Missy? I know it's a necklace thread, but you have such. pretty. hair. I just had to say. :rodent:

turquoise_necklace_ps3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a great story charmed one ::)

circe - I remember you were looking for a turquoise piece a few months ago - do you have any other pics? The colours are so bright and rich, I'd love to see some closeups! I've fallen for yellow all over again...

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all so much for your kind words and sharing your necklaces.

Missy, you have such beautiful goodies. The DBTY necklace compliments everything well and I agree. The curly hair is so pretty.

Circe, I LOVE the Egyptian Revival Tiffany Necklace. I am so jealous! It's TDF and the pear is timeless.

Mayk, what a lovely cross. The curved lines make it really stand out. It's so unique.

Yssie, Thank you. I second the yummy combination of the turquoise and yellow gold together. It has an amazing richness to it and I'd like to see close ups too.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Aw, thanks Yssie & Charmed! I really love the necklace - I got it from Betteridge last summer, and it's perfect for days when I need a pick-me-up. I had been looking for tiny turquoise studs to wear with it, and finally found some on Etsy! Will have to take some pics of those eventually, but in the meantime, necklace close-ups for your perusal. =)

turquoise_necklace_ps1.jpg

turquoise_necklace_022.jpg

estate-tiffany-co-egyptian-link-necklace-gold-turquoise.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1349273648|3278631 said:
Aw, thanks Yssie & Charmed! I really love the necklace - I got it from Betteridge last summer, and it's perfect for days when I need a pick-me-up. I had been looking for tiny turquoise studs to wear with it, and finally found some on Etsy! Will have to take some pics of those eventually, but in the meantime, necklace close-ups for your perusal. =)

Ohhh Circe that's beautiful :love: The colours really do work so well together, the yg is lovely! And the design is so cleanly detailed!

Sometimes - moreso recently - there are pieces that just... grab my attention. Sometimes they're simple, sometimes they've a ton of intricate detail, sometimes they're obviously very pricey and sometimes they aren't - there doesn't seem to be any pattern aside from the fact that they're all pieces I'd be unlikely to run into walking down the street... this is definitely one of them!

Do post the earrings! Are they of the same design (design suite, I guess)?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1349266694|3278589 said:
And Missy? I know it's a necklace thread, but you have such. pretty. hair. I just had to say. :rodent:

Yes, seriously. I didn't even look at your necklaces at first. I was focusing on that full, gorgeous thick black hair! Color me green with envy!

But I love how the DBTY came out, too!!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

My cameo. Blue agate and onyx in 18k gold.

-9-2.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mine is a bezel amethyst pendant that I got from Blue Nile...it's like the diamonds-by-the-yard thin bezel except with a single amethyst attached to the chain. I'm on my lap top so I don't have a photo on hand and just went to the BN website to provide a link and it appears they no longer carry that style...or at least I can't seem to find it. That's too bad. It's the necklace I've worn more than any other in my life! Not sure if the stone is high quality, but it's fun and I wear a lot of purple.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:wavey: Circe!!! That is an AWESOME gold/turquoise necklace!!! Oh MY!! I am really loving that - perfect size and looks incredible on you- what a fantastic find!!!

Charmed one - I wear my OEC Barbara from BGD *all* the time! I take it off to clean or I throw on the DanielM CSBTY pear sapphire one I had made at the same time. I'm surprised how the diamond one is just so perfect. I have a TON of silver based necklaces and nothing holds any appeal to me anymore, now that I have this one!! I guess, when its right, its right! :bigsmile:

stci

Ideal_Rock

here is mine:

coeur_diamant_80ct_HSI2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe, - your necklaces are TDF! I love love love the Egyptian necklace that turqouise and gold combo :love: - blue is my favorite color so I am partial to anything blue and your necklace is amazing. Love it! :love: I cannot wait to see it with your new turquoise studs!

xsouzie, love your necklace and ring. Beautiful- it would be great if you wanted to start a thread in show me the bling with your ring. Lovely!

threadjack
Thank you for the compliments re my curly hair Circe, CharmedOne and Madelise. That's really nice to hear because I spent my twenties blowing it straight and stopped in my thirties (mainly because it was too damaging but also because my dh prefers it curly). The best thing I can say about it is that it is easy (I never use a hairdryer anymore) in that I wash and go (after adding conditioner and scrunching with my dh's t-shirt :cheeky: ) but it is very fragile and a PITA in that way. I would kill for thick straight hair! Madelise- my hair is very fine/thin in texture and it only appears thick because I have a lot of it (so far-fingers crossed it stays that way)...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

purplesparklies|1349309486|3278943 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:
.10 AVR, .31 pear, .51 OMC!
L.O.V.E!!!!! :) This is fabulous!

++1. Oh yes! :love:

reader

Brilliant_Rock

I wear my Crafty Celts Ram Torc, pearls in several colors and my DBTY

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Such pretty necklaces! Thank you all for sharing. I just love looking at seeing everybody's wonderful gems. Seeing all these DBTY is making me wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine. Oh well :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I wear a DBTY necklace from BGD.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mine is my Carrera y Carrera pendant, which has two diamond butterflies against MOP and is 18K WG. It's my daughter's favorite piece, as she loves that there is a little butterfly to represent her and one bigger one for mama.

carreradirectsuncloser.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

rsz_1rsz_001.jpg rsz_img_2910.jpg

I have worn the James avery cross most days but I just got the diamond cross recently and have been wearing that since I opened the package, I will alternate the two I think depending what mood I am in that day.

Charmed one, I love your charm bracelet and am so jealous that you can wear that daily, it's beautiful! =)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wear this three-stone pendant a lot. I got it on DB from MakingTheGrade, whom I am forever indebted to! It's a little OEC, a mint garnet, and a tsavorite garnet. They are set in sterling with YG accents, and it is currently at the jeweler getting rhodium-plated so the sterling won't tarnish, because I am getting annoyed with polishing the little nooks.

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

I used to wear a silver angel charm pendant ALL the time, but it has worn so thin that it is wickedly sharp, so now it is displayed in a little box so I can look at it without damaging myself (or it, since it is getting thin enough to maybe break).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results